New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote to disney about the lack of wheelchairs when we hopped. I got a call to talk about the issue. I told him we thought this was great for saving us steps, but if a wheelchair isn't available at the bus locations, the value drops for us. We didn't hop to AK, but I would have hated if I had to walk to the front of the park for a wheelchair for DH. He thanked me for giving the feedback.
So he didn't mention that they do keep them there normally? That you must have encountered a time when someone had taken the last one and they hadn't had an opportunity to bring additional ones back yet? Maybe he was making note that they need to do that faster? I know in all our trips on it we always saw them at the Express bus areas

So he didn't mention that they do keep them there normally? That you must have encountered a time when someone had taken the last one and they hadn't had an opportunity to bring additional ones back yet? Maybe he was making note that they need to do that faster? I know in all our trips on it we always saw them at the Express bus areas

No, he basically said we need feedback so we can understand the needs of guests, this program has only been in effect since Jan. etc.

And as far as you said we just used the service at a bad time, we were particularly put off when we got off the bus at Epcot and asked about a wheelchair, they said "oh you just go down and around the corner to get one" There was no "oh, just wait here and we'll get some help for you" As we slowly walked out, the guide and the group got further and further away from us. At one point we were totally alone.

The second time there was a courtesy wheel chair that the CM pushed until we got into the park. At that point, we could have had DH to wait on a bench while I got the wheelchair or I could have pushed DH to the rental location to get one.

Either way was not the seamless method I expected.

I used the express bus service back in December, week before Christmas and it was great for me. There was one time that there was an issue with one family being upset about someone with a wheel chair and having to wait. The family would not let up about waiting even after we were driving to Epcot. I felt sorry for the women in wheel chair and here husband both elderly, when we got to Epcot they did not take us through gate till they got everyone off bus so we waited even longer listening to this family complain, very embarrassing. I did mention the rudeness of the family to CM who was waiting inside gate at Epcot. I was with my DS21 and this family had 3 sons close to my sons age not a good example of respect.

I used the express bus service back in December, week before Christmas and it was great for me. There was one time that there was an issue with one family being upset about someone with a wheel chair and having to wait. The family would not let up about waiting even after we were driving to Epcot. I felt sorry for the women in wheel chair and here husband both elderly, when we got to Epcot they did not take us through gate till they got everyone off bus so we waited even longer listening to this family complain, very embarrassing. I did mention the rudeness of the family to CM who was waiting inside gate at Epcot. I was with my DS21 and this family had 3 sons close to my sons age not a good example of respect.

I don't understand. Another family was upset because someone in a wheelchair took too long to get on the bus?

If that's the case, then yes, that's rude.

That is just rude I sure hope the rude ppl at parades, fireworks, and busses won't push me so far. I am known as one who can explode. Though I am trying hard to be prepared for the rude ppl.

Do you have to decide upfront whether you are going to purchase the single day or the week? Wondering if it is possible to buy the single day, then if we like it, pay the difference to upgrade to the week? I apologize if this has been answered. Haven't had the chance to read the entire thread. We are interested in using this express service but we might be joined on one or more park days by my daughter's friend whose family will be in town for her sister's volleyball tournament. The friend does not have a hopper. We will be onsite and the other family will not be. We thought we would hop over to Animal Kingdom for their extra hours until 1am for our stay. But we would only be able to hop after the friend was picked up by her family since she won't have a hopper and won't have access to extra magic hours.

Animal Kingdom is having phased closures this morning due to the opening of Pandora. Is anyone using the express service today to get to AK? How are they dealing with that?

Oh man my son uses a wheelchair and we block out most of the noise but I think that would get to me. He has his own wheelchair that folds up like an umbrella stroller hopefully we won't hear much about it. Might just forget this option and stick to driving, thought this might help with the heat.

I wrote to disney about the lack of wheelchairs when we hopped. I got a call to talk about the issue. I told him we thought this was great for saving us steps, but if a wheelchair isn't available at the bus locations, the value drops for us. We didn't hop to AK, but I would have hated if I had to walk to the front of the park for a wheelchair for DH. He thanked me for giving the feedback.

We are just back, and there was a wheelchair waiting for my wife at each destination. Thanks for shining a light on the issue!!

Animal Kingdom is having phased closures this morning due to the opening of Pandora. Is anyone using the express service today to get to AK? How are they dealing with that?

I asked that when we used this in Dec/Jan over the holidays and was told that it would not impact anyone using this service and that we would still be able to get into the park, but things may have changed by now.

We used it yesterday to get from MK to AK. Best thing ever! There was absolutely no problems. We avoided the crowds at the front and the cast members were wonderful.

We used it yesterday to get from MK to AK. Best thing ever! There was absolutely no problems. We avoided the crowds at the front and the cast members were wonderful.

Looking forward to trying that out this week. Has the price remained the same?

recommend those of you who need a wheelchair ask park 1 to see if they can make a call and inform park 2 that you are in route

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter