New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to make sure this would work/get clarification from the experts.

We're going to be doing Star Wars dessert party on a Wednesday in June (9:30). MK has closing hours at 11 with EMH from 11-1. I know express transportation doesn't go based on EMH, but if regular hours are until 11, would we be able to use the express bus to MK after Star Wars dessert party?

I didn't read all the replies.

I just want to post our experience. We got it for our group of 6. 4 adults, 1 child, 1 baby. Biggest draw, not having to go thru security again. We had a double stroller with enough supplies for a small country. :rolleyes1

We only used it a few times during the week. Our plans changed constantly so we didn't hop as much as we planned. Busiest bus had maybe 20 people. Wheelchair help was awful.

I pushed my husband to the bus at MK, got off at Epcot. Asked about a chair,......oh you just go down and around and it's right there.......meaning the normal place you get wheel chairs. The group of people and guide started all bunched up. DH and I walked s l o w l y along. Soon it was main group and about 50 ft behind, DH and I. When you get to the exit, there is a wall you go around. For about 15 secs we were totally alone back stage. We jumped into action and took pictures of a trash can and a road sign, we'll be selling copies on ebay soon. Just kidding. The guide , I guess counted people and realize she was missing a few. Back around the wall she pops out. And we are still not there yet. Once we got to a bench, my DH sat and I went to get a wheelchair. On the return, to MK, again no wheelchair. Holding onto the stroller , we slowly made out way out of the park.

Second time, we went from DHS to EPCOT. For that trip, they had a courtesy wheelchair that we could use to go to the normal stop to get a wheelchair. Better than the first experience, but still I was thinking they would have wheelchairs right there for you to use.

With these experiences, I'm glad we didn't hop to AK.

I just wanted to make sure this would work/get clarification from the experts.

We're going to be doing Star Wars dessert party on a Wednesday in June (9:30). MK has closing hours at 11 with EMH from 11-1. I know express transportation doesn't go based on EMH, but if regular hours are until 11, would we be able to use the express bus to MK after Star Wars dessert party?
Yes, that should work but it is also based on when HS closes. There will be 1 bus to MK after HS closes unless there is a bus to MK AT closing, if that makes sense. For instance. If HS closes at 9:30 and the HS to MK bus is at :00/:30 there is a 9:30 bus but there won't be a 10:00 bus. But if HS closes at 9:30 and the HS to MK bus is at :10/:40 there would be a 9:40 bus (I haven't gone back to look at the times, just giving examples to hopefully help clarify)

I didn't read all the replies.

I just want to post our experience. We got it for our group of 6. 4 adults, 1 child, 1 baby. Biggest draw, not having to go thru security again. We had a double stroller with enough supplies for a small country. :rolleyes1

We only used it a few times during the week. Our plans changed constantly so we didn't hop as much as we planned. Busiest bus had maybe 20 people. Wheelchair help was awful.

I pushed my husband to the bus at MK, got off at Epcot. Asked about a chair,......oh you just go down and around and it's right there.......meaning the normal place you get wheel chairs. The group of people and guide started all bunched up. DH and I walked s l o w l y along. Soon it was main group and about 50 ft behind, DH and I. When you get to the exit, there is a wall you go around. For about 15 secs we were totally alone back stage. We jumped into action and took pictures of a trash can and a road sign, we'll be selling copies on ebay soon. Just kidding. The guide , I guess counted people and realize she was missing a few. Back around the wall she pops out. And we are still not there yet. Once we got to a bench, my DH sat and I went to get a wheelchair. On the return, to MK, again no wheelchair. Holding onto the stroller , we slowly made out way out of the park.

Second time, we went from DHS to EPCOT. For that trip, they had a courtesy wheelchair that we could use to go to the normal stop to get a wheelchair. Better than the first experience, but still I was thinking they would have wheelchairs right there for you to use.

With these experiences, I'm glad we didn't hop to AK.

I think you had an off experience at Epcot because every time we were backstage, there were wheelchairs available (from various parks, actually). If you choose to do express in the future, I would ask the checkin CM to radio the next park for wheelchair assistance.

Also, the signs state no photos backstage for a reason. I would really dislike seeing them discontinue this pilot program because guests are not following the rules.

I think you had an off experience at Epcot because every time we were backstage, there were wheelchairs available (from various parks, actually). If you choose to do express in the future, I would ask the checkin CM to radio the next park for wheelchair assistance.

Also, the signs state no photos backstage for a reason. I would really dislike seeing them discontinue this pilot program because guests are not following the rules.

To be perfectly clear, we took no pictures, that's why I said "just kidding". We had enough to deal with getting from point A to B. Frankly, in all the driving backstage, I didn't see anything I'd want to take a picture of.

To be perfectly clear, we took no pictures, that's why I said "just kidding". We had enough to deal with getting from point A to B. Frankly, in all the driving backstage, I didn't see anything I'd want to take a picture of.

Ah, I thought you were jk about the eBay part.

I do understand how you feel about the wheelchair issue. I rolled my ankle on uneven pavement at MK a few weeks ago and sprained it so badly, I fell down hard. They ended up allowing us to take our MK wheelchair with us. So from there I kept noticing various park wheelchairs backstage at express, even at the wheelchair pickups where you pay. We ended up dropping it off at DHS and they didn't bat an eye.

This is a very important thing to note. Folks have mentioned loosing magic, not wanting to see anything using this service. You really won't/can't. I mean, I guess there is some slight possibility but really, they picked their locations intentionally. There is really nothing to see where they take you, nothing of note to take photos of. Other than a CM standing around waiting on a ride with a backpack. A regular CM, not a costumed, character CM. Or the back side of a building. It's as interesting as back side of water ;)

This is a very important thing to note. Folks have mentioned loosing magic, not wanting to see anything using this service. You really won't/can't. I mean, I guess there is some slight possibility but really, they picked their locations intentionally. There is really nothing to see where they take you, nothing of note to take photos of. Other than a CM standing around waiting on a ride with a backpack. A regular CM, not a costumed, character CM. Or the back side of a building. It's as interesting as back side of water ;)

Just wanted to say that i have read about 75% of this thread and you have provided so much great information. Did not even realize this service was available before today. Will certainly use it for my June trip! Thank you so much for your input and knowledge!

Has anyone tried to purchase this while using CM guest passes? These passes do allow us to hop, so it seems that you should be able to use the service. I have read most of this thread and haven't seen it mentioned. Please forgive me if this has already been addressed. Would the guest passes have to be linked to the guest's magic band before purchasing or do you think guest services could link them while selling you the express transportation in your first park?

Also, all of these locations are locations were many of the runDisney marathon, half marathons, and 10K races go - and those races don't have any "no photo" restrictions. Really, it's just the backs of buildings.

They continue transportation to get guests back to their resorts. It's the express bus that has time limits and doesn't go more than one bus past closing.
So the last express bus leaves 30 minutes after closing and they will not take you to a park that is already into EMH?
Op no I meant the last express bus is one more after closing.

Last edited:
So the last express bus leaves 30 minutes after closing and they will not take you to a park that is already into EMH?
Op no I meant the last express bus is one more after closing.
Again, remove EMH from all scheduling involving Express Buses. They will NOT run to or from any park if it is in EMH operating hours. Period.

Last edited:
We're doing a Disney cruise in October that includes one day at WDW (a parkhopper is included with the cruise). Assuming the express transportation is still happening in October, we should be able to add this to our pass, correct? We're trying to make the most of our one Disney day, and I think this would be very helpful!

We're doing a Disney cruise in October that includes one day at WDW (a parkhopper is included with the cruise). Assuming the express transportation is still happening in October, we should be able to add this to our pass, correct? We're trying to make the most of our one Disney day, and I think this would be very helpful!
Yep, as long as you have hoppers you can add it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter