New(er) Be Our Guest Menu - How does it compare?

BasilofBakeryStreet

Earning My Ears
Hey there!

The last time we went to Be Our Guest they still had their a la carte menu. We absolutely loved it. My question is...what are your opinions on the newer, signature dining dinner menu? Is the price worth it? What are your favorite dishes? And, generally, do you think the restaurant is just as good as it had been when it was a la carte?

I had a meal there on the new menu in October. It was really good, even if I would have preferred the a la carte menu. I'd say it was worth it. I had the french onion soup and the steak. The desert is the same for everyone, but was very, very good. I kind of liked the old menu because the appetizers were more shareable, but really, other than that it was a great meal!

Hey there!

The last time we went to Be Our Guest they still had their a la carte menu. We absolutely loved it. My question is...what are your opinions on the newer, signature dining dinner menu? Is the price worth it? What are your favorite dishes? And, generally, do you think the restaurant is just as good as it had been when it was a la carte?

Just a heads up. BOG dinner is not designated as a signature meal even though it requires 2 TS credits to eat there. It's in the same category as Spirit of Aloha as a 2 credit TS and I think Disney calls both of them themed dining.

I had a meal there on the new menu in October. It was really good, even if I would have preferred the a la carte menu. I'd say it was worth it. I had the french onion soup and the steak. The desert is the same for everyone, but was very, very good. I kind of liked the old menu because the appetizers were more shareable, but really, other than that it was a great meal!
That's great to hear! We just keep going back and forth trying to determine if it's worth the new price.

Just a heads up. BOG dinner is not designated as a signature meal even though it requires 2 TS credits to eat there. It's in the same category as Spirit of Aloha as a 2 credit TS and I think Disney calls both of them themed dining.
Good to know, thank you!

I personally have never been to BoG for dinner, but I believe there is a 'general' consensus on these boards that BoG is not too great for dinner, especially the value for it costing 2 DC. Of course, like I said, I haven't been myself, but the arguments some folks had against it were enough for me to change my plans and do BOG for breakfast instead. You may be able to find some threads on here explaining further!

I agree.

We ate there in November with the new menu. We did the previous menu once also.

I felt the filet was much better quality than the strip they used to have. DD and I both had the French onion soup, filet and the chip dessert. We left happy and full. The waitress was very pleasant. It was worth the price due to the atmosphere. But there was only two of us. I doubt I would book dinner there when and if we go as a family of four again.

We did not like the new BOG at all. Too few appetizer choices. No dessert choice. Slowwwwwww service. And the entrees didn’t compare to those before. The filet was good. Everything else we had was over cooked, seemed mass-produced. Not at all worth 2 credits.

BOG for dinner was always a must, for my daughters anyway. After seeing the menu changes - they opted to skip it on our next trip. Food was always good but not great - plenty of other much better signature meals IMHO.

Thanks or all the honest opinions! We might give it a try and then know for next time whether to skip it or not. We've also been considering Tusker House in Animal Kingdom as a comparable priced eating venue, but we likely can't afford both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter