New Englanders: Good lobster at WDW?

Im 5 minutes away for Four Seas! Love their ice cream. If you ever get a chance to come back, try Spanky's ! Really good. Tugboats too.
In-laws used to be in Osterville, and brother-in-law has a home in Centerville, down the street from Four Seas! Love that area. Heading there in about a month to visit friends. Loved Spanky's and Tugboats!

I don't eat seafood, dh does! He has tried it all over WDW. Lobster has never met his expectations. The only place I've heard of people raving about the lobster roll was in WS...the American pavillion has a pretty good one, from what I've heard. We tried Cape May and hated it!!! Dh has had fish at various places and it was very good, but never lobster.

Native Maine-ah here born in Bangor and both my parents grew up on Deer Isle off the coast. I live in Mass now and have for many years but we still make it up there a few times a year. We get pretty good lobster here too but nothing compares to Deer Isle lobster right off the boat!

Has your family forgiven you for becoming a "Flat-lander"? LOL!

Seriously, go to the Barnacle in Marblehead and get lobster. They have their own boat, and it is so fresh. Might give you the Deer Isle experience without the ride up 95!

My family forgives me for being a Massh*le since they have a place to crash for Red Sox games and we have season tickets to the Patriots! If that's not bribery I don't know what is :-)

Thanks for the recommendation on the Barnacle!

Has your family forgiven you for becoming a "Flat-lander"? LOL!

Seriously, go to the Barnacle in Marblehead and get lobster. They have their own boat, and it is so fresh. Might give you the Deer Isle experience without the ride up 95!

Nope!!! Maine lobster is the best. My grandparents (when alive) lived in Friendship, ME and we would get the lobster off the docks where my grandpa kept his boat. My parents live on Cape Cod where I grew up so I always get seafood there. I now live in Mystic, CT - we have a good lobster place close by but Maine is still the best. I don't order seafood or lobster in Florida. It's not the same. But if you are NOT from New England then you probably don't know the difference so why not order it - you don't have anything to compare it to and will think its tastes just fine!

I had the lobster tails at Narcoossees but they were terrible. It was probably a prep issue though. Anyone can screw it up but for what they cost at Disney, it's an expensive screw up. I think I'll stick with Larsen's fish market from now on, or maybe a Grace Church lobster roll. We have both the cold and the hot buttered type here, both are delicious.
VINEYARD LOBSTA ROLLS! My mom's old house was half a mile up the road from Grace Church. Can't go wrong with most lobster rolls on MV. :)

I had the lobster tails at Narcoossees but they were terrible. It was probably a prep issue though. Anyone can screw it up but for what they cost at Disney, it's an expensive screw up. I think I'll stick with Larsen's fish market from now on, or maybe a Grace Church lobster roll. We have both the cold and the hot buttered type here, both are delicious.
I don't believe that the tails are Maine lobster. Only the whole lobster is at Narcoossee's.

I don't believe that the tails are Maine lobster. Only the whole lobster is at Narcoossee's.
from the menu
Butter-poached Twin Maine Lobster Tails
Brentwood Corn Soufflé, Malted Popcorn Sauce, Citrus Gremolata

VINEYARD LOBSTA ROLLS! My mom's old house was half a mile up the road from Grace Church. Can't go wrong with most lobster rolls on MV. :)
It's hard to go wrong (I mean like columbia harbor house wrong) but some are better than others. I love the church, the VFW and John's Fish Market best. Square Rigger does a good hot buttered one. There was one summer when my coworker and I did a survey of everyone in vineyard haven :D that was a yummy summer!

Having lived in Massachusetts and New Hampshire I'd say wait till you get back home for the lobster.

We've vacationed in Maine several times and always hit the lobster pounds while there and get our fill of fresh lobster. We buy them, take them back to our MH (we're campers) and boil them immediately. Yum & Yum!

Have had them in restaurants there, but not always that fresh taste we get when preparing our own. Lobster tails (IMO) do not taste the same - we have to have the 'whole' boiled/broiled lobster served to us - plus we love the large claws also.

from the menu
Butter-poached Twin Maine Lobster Tails
Brentwood Corn Soufflé, Malted Popcorn Sauce, Citrus Gremolata
Thanks for the correction. I do remember hearing from others that the poached version is significantly different than boiled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts