New DVC resort announced for Magic Kingdom area!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rteetz, Oct 18, 2018.

1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Dpz1rhsXoAIAgCP.jpg

[​IMG]IMG_7013 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Nature Inspired Mixed Use Resort

Will open in 2022

More than 900 hotel rooms and DVC villas

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...d-mixed-use-resort-on-bay-lake-300733846.html

"Walt Disney World is in the midst of our most significant expansion in the last two decades and the combined 1,700 new hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas we are building at four different resorts will create thousands of new construction and permanent jobs and will drive economic opportunity and incremental revenue for Central Florida," said George A. Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort. "We continue to add new attractions, new lands — and these beautiful accommodations will be right in the heart of all that magic."

The soon-to-be named resort is slated to be Disney's 16th Disney Vacation Club property and it will continue to build on the value and flexibility of a Disney Vacation Club membership.

"This resort experience will be a celebration of Walt Disney's lifelong love and respect for nature, with some fun and even surprising accommodation types that families will find irresistible," said Terri Schultz, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club. "It will give our members and guests yet another opportunity to stay in close proximity to all the newest attractions and experiences in our theme parks, and with the flexibility, value and world-class service families expect from Disney."

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  2. Htide

Htide Earning My Ears

Where exactly is it going to be built?

BabybetterDisney likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rteetz

River Country

dclpluto likes this.
  5. Brocktoon

Brocktoon 21st Century Schizoid Man

We knew it was coming, but I still wonder if/when Disney will decide to expand and build over my beloved Fort Wilderness

BigRed98 and rteetz like this.
  6. iheartglaciers

iheartglaciers DIS Veteran

I like the nature theme, but the picture isn't very exciting :P

7. rteetz

It definitely is a decent sized resort at 900+ rooms.

dclpluto and cvaska like this.
  8. jknezek

jknezek DIS Veteran

Blah. I'm glad we are going to Fort Wilderness in January. We won't be back until this construction finishes, which was mostly the plan anyway, but we may not be back anyway if this really impinges on The Fort. Have to wait and see.

9. toolmanjan

toolmanjan Never enough Disney

When is enough enough?

10. jknezek

jknezek DIS Veteran

When people stop going and revenue falls because they can't squeeze more out of the people who are still willing to go. It really is that simple.

11. rteetz

Only impact so far we know of is Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

12. iheartglaciers

iheartglaciers DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how close this is to WL and FW? I know the two are close together, so I'm wondering what impact this will have. One thing I love about WL is the isolated feeling.

WDW_Ding and TheFloatingBear like this.
  13. The Pho

The Pho A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself

That concept art doesn't look like it'll mesh well with Fort Wilderness, which it'll be rather close to. Wouldn't be surprised if the Fort has some towers in its future.

Texans_loyal and HopperFan like this.
  14. jknezek

jknezek DIS Veteran

I know. I don't care about that. I care about the ambiance of The Fort. The quiet neighborhood. The little boats. The nature. Putting a massive resort next door is what has me concerned. I'm not making ultimatums or frothing at the mouth. In the end, this may not be a big deal. But during construction? Not going. After its all built I'll evaluate if going to WDW is still worth it to me and my family. A lot will change in those 3 years. The value proposition for me and my family may change. Or maybe not.

15. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

But still won’t offer 24 hour room service I’m sure...lame.

16. mfortis

mfortis Earned My Ears

They probably make more from Timeshares and hotels than from theme parks. Wonder if that was the vision Walt had when he started.

17. AMusicLifeForMe

AMusicLifeForMe DIS Veteran

Another DVC Resort at WDW...We need more DVC at Disneyland. Not at WDW (even if it is overcrowded at WDW as well). This will put 3 DVC Resorts very close to each other even if 2 of those DVC Resorts are apart of the same resort.

Neytiri411 and mfortis like this.
  18. DVCjj

DVCjj Mouseketeer

Gee, do you think DVC is Disney's Cash Cow?

Disclaimer: I am an owner though not real thrilled about the building of new ones. Wish they would build a 5th park for all the guests to go to.

19. jade1

jade1 I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.

Can't wait to try it on dues. Won't be adding on there though-for sure.

DisFanDad likes this.
  20. rteetz

I should say this is a new stand alone resort with a DVC component much like Boardwalk or Beach Club.

21. rteetz

Space is the biggest issue as well as Disneyland being a locals park. No need for 20 DVC resorts there.