new dvc member, first trip home to bcv

Habs_Fanswife

Earning My Ears
hey there everyone,
this will be our first trip to wdw as dvc memebers , and we will be staying at our home resort the bcv....

i am just wondering about what to expect or things we need to know ....being that we are very new to this i am a little concerned ,
so i would really appreciate any feed back....thanks

Expect to have a great time; since you're staying at BCV, you'll be walking distance to the BoardWalk, Epcot, and MGM! If you're staying in a 1 bedroom, you won't have to pack a lot, but you'll probably want to go get some groceries.

Do you have any specific concerns? We are members at BWV, and last week we called member services to change our March reservation at BW to BCV. My 6-yr-old son really loves the sand at SAB, and my 8-yr-old daughter doesn't really care what pool we go to, as long as it's a pool.

SAB is fabulous. It is in between YC and BC. All Disney pools are heated so you can swim in cooler weather if you like. Look at Tagrel's SAB slide show.

(http://tagrel.com/Tours/DVC/SAB2003/SABSlideShow.htm)

Beaches and Cream has great hamburgers and shakes -- the ice cream isn't bad either.

Cape May Cafe (YC) has a new england style clam bake that you do not want to miss. And if you like steak the Yachtsman Steakhouse is right there.

There is a side path that you can take as a short cut for the villas to Epcot. There is a map of it on this board somewhere.

Enjoy your trip.

wow...thanks for the link to the slide show
i had no idea SAB was like that , i have read about it in the books , but didn't picture what i saw there....my son will love it !!

i just hope the weather will be nice enough as we are going the second week of december...( never been there at that time of year before.)

i don't think i have any other real concerns ( yet ) but is it a far to get to SAB from the bcv ?( my son is three ,just wondering how easy it will be to get around with him )

Habsfanswife

WELCOME HOME!!!!

You are going to LOVE the Beach Club Villas! We have already made 4 trips "home" so far and each one was wonderful!!!

We were at the BCVs last December and they did have a few trees decorated in the lobby areas, but the best decorations were in the lobby of the Beach Club itself. Be sure to take the time to see the decorations at the other resorts as well. The GF is NOT to be missed.

We are going back to the BCVs for a long weekend Dec 10 - 14 and can't wait to celebrate the holidays with our friends!

pin

Any suggestions for weather at that time in Dec?

I am assuming the kids will be ok with the pools... Or should I say, the kids will be in the pools no matter what... lol.

you see all the X-mas decorations ! We went home last year in the first week of Dec. for a short trip (BCV's). It was fantastic ,what they did in the way of decorations was amazing. If there is time go to several of the resorts and see how they decorate differently
Also every other suggestion posted already are all great points of interest. Take time to wonder the Boardwalk, walk the gounds of BCV's to get the feel of the resort. I am sure you will find you made the right decision in your purchase..I know we do !!

Weather???

It's even money whether it will be comfortable enough to swim. The pool is heated but it can be chilly. Last year we were down the second week in December and it RAINED and I mean RAINED to the point that we stayed IN most of the time. We wore jeans and sweatshirts most of the time. We heard that a couple of the MVMCPs were a washout. The night we went it was nice.

We did see a few people in the pool, but not many. However, that is not to say that it won't be nice this year.

I always pack sweatshirts, jeans and light jackets but I am leaving the swimsuit behind this year!!!

pin

WELCOME HOME! And have a great trip. December at WDW should be awesome.

And if it's too cold for the pools, that just means more park time at a great time of the year. You can't lose!

Have a great trip. :)

Pinnie -- you must have been there when we were. We did the CP in a downpour. There were portable heaters for the orchestra and the singers had umbrellas so they could do the candlelight processional. It was an awesome performacne and the only attendees were the dinner package folks like us. We all fit under the theater over hang.

Weather that time of year is generally quite nice. But you should pack for both cool and warm. Layers are a good idea. We were there when they taped the Christmas Day parade (early December) at MGM and it was a cold morning -- they asked everyone to take off the jackets and sweatshirts while they taped, then the cool weather gear went right back on! Buy afternoon the weather had warmed up nicely.

In addition, for the Christmas decorations - don't miss the WL lobby tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter