New DVC 101 Episode from the DIS Unplugged!

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJackie, Feb 21, 2019.

1. WebmasterJackie

WebmasterJackie Senior Content Manager for The DIS Staff Member Administrator

In this special show, the panel discusses Disney Vacation Club general information including what it is, what is offered, and how you can be a part of it!

2. joe75

joe75 Earning My Ears

You can buy at the "sold out" DVC resorts. When you talk to a DVC advisor you can request those resorts and they can put you on a wait list and when those points come up you can purchase. We bought Saratoga Springs last year at 151 a point and we waited about a day for them to find us 75 points.

superme80 and disneyholic family like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. davedray

davedray Earning My Ears

Random question, is this YouTube only, or will it be added to the podcast feed?

5. WebmasterJackie

WebmasterJackie Senior Content Manager for The DIS Staff Member Administrator

That's a question for @Teleclashter who is on vacation through next week, but I'll make a note to ask him when he returns and pop back in to let you know! :goodvibes

6. davedray

davedray Earning My Ears

Thanks for checking! I'll try to catch it on youtube this weekend, but I always love listening to you guys at work!

7. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Got to tip my hat to you, @WebmasterJackie. Right on top of things, as always. :lovestruc

WebmasterMaryJo and davedray like this.
  8. dkrauss

dkrauss Goofy Fan from Jersey

Watched it, very informative. My 2nd favorite new show after the "Moving to Orlando" shows. :D

Doug :goofy:

KSkywalker17 and SorcererHeidi like this.
  9. davedray

davedray Earning My Ears

I got to watch this, and liked it a little too much, you are really making me get the itch to sign the family up.

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  10. HappilyEverAfter2007

HappilyEverAfter2007 Earning My Ears

As we are currently in our first FROR for AKV I will definitely be catching up on as much DVC info as y’all can dish out!

11. SorcererHeidi

Not sure which, since I'm not familiar with the process myself, but good luck, and/or congratulations, whichever fits (or both). :)

HappilyEverAfter2007 likes this.
  12. vwlfan

vwlfan DIS Veteran

Yes Woud love it on YouTube. Tried to save it for later and won’t load.

13. BlvInMagic

BlvInMagic Mouseketeer

Two Thumbs up for this new podcast :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

14. ericar

ericar Mouseketeer

Really liked this show. Looking forward to more.

15. jlmarr

jlmarr See you at Fenton's

Had to look up FROR. I'd always heard it as ROFR = Right Of First Refusal. Disney has the right to buy the property for sale at the proposed price. So the seller makes the sale. The buyer doesn't lose anything but walks away empty handed. I presume this will all be covered in DVC 102.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  16. HappilyEverAfter2007

HappilyEverAfter2007 Earning My Ears

Ahhh you are correct, I did botch that one didn’t I? :-) our contract is now with Disney in the ROFR process. And yep, your description is what I know about the process as well but hopefully DVC 102 will go in depth!

17. SorcererHeidi

I knew what you meant, and I didn't even know what it was. So thank you both. I was ej-a-ma-cated!

18. TomorrowlandKD

TomorrowlandKD Paging Mr. Morrow

Pete posted on Instagram yesterday that he "took the plunge" and got in on DVC! You could see it on his face during the 101 Episode that it was only a matter of time, he got so excited.

Copper Creek! Congrats Pete!! Can't wait to hear all about your booking/signing up experience during the next episode :jester:

19. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I was thinking that this episode could be one I skip just as we are not in position to buy into DVC currently (or likely ever) .... but now having seen Pete buy in so soon after this episode aired I kinda want to see what was so convincing or just see Pete’s take/reaction to everything on it

20. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I'm looking forward to watching this. Been a member since 1995 and its really been a great deal. Now that I live here in central FL I hardly ever use my points for WDW but I do need them for Aulani!

21. goofy kc

goofy kc Mouseketeer

Great show! We have been DVC members for about 7 years now and it has been great! If you buy, be careful - you’ll want to buy more! Started with AKL and now own at 4 resorts. Not cheap, but magical!

Looking forward to hearing more. This series makes me want to go back