New Disneyland After Dark Event Series Kicks Off January 18 with Celebration of Vintage Disneyland

I think with tickets being released in less than 2 weeks, more information should be available my now. Is is just those 5 rides, all rides, certain lands? Will all dining be open? Seems to be vague for now.

So I think we’re out for this one. That’s a lot of $ without having any idea of the crowds, rides, etc. Maybe after reports come in or prices are reduced, we’ll consider a future one.

I have to wonder too about the price. So, the Disneyworld After Hours event (which is mostly ride focused) had really high prices its first year and so many people didn’t buy tickets, they ended up giving them free to APs and DVC. They significantly reduced prices for the next year. Maybe they are just putting a high price to see how many people bite, and could impact future events?

So I think we’re out for this one. That’s a lot of $ without having any idea of the crowds, rides, etc. Maybe after reports come in or prices are reduced, we’ll consider a future one.

I have to wonder too about the price. So, the Disneyworld After Hours event (which is mostly ride focused) had really high prices its first year and so many people didn’t buy tickets, they ended up giving them free to APs and DVC. They significantly reduced prices for the next year. Maybe they are just putting a high price to see how many people bite, and could impact future events?
The Disney World event is still priced at over $100 and it’s for only 3 hours. This is a 5 hour party and priced along the lines of the Halloween party so I would expect for them to sell tickets at the capacity they do for that.

Maybe I'm not understanding, but I don't really get the appeal of this event.

Edited to add... the event itself sounds fun but paying $95 for five hours when you could go to the park for 12 hours for $2 more dollars is what hangs me up.

Additionally, as an AP holder I just wouldn't consider this. I already spend a lot in the parks I don't need to spend more to go in and spend even more ha ha

Last edited:

They're probably testing the sort of thing they have in mind for when Star Wars Land opens.

This is the new normal. Pay regular price for ugly insane crowds. Or pay again for "less crowded".

Has anyone seen any more information on this? I know that ticket sales have opened for AP members.

Has anyone seen any more information on this? I know that ticket sales have opened for AP members.
I feel the current information available for this event is really vague.

If Disney plans to have more of these events, it would be nice to list the dates well ahead of time.
As well as rides that will be open and various entertainment they have planned.

November 30th for an event January 18, seems focused to locals.

That's not really enough time to book a decent priced room and/or airfare for out-of-towner's.

Hopefully guests planning to be at Disney during Jan 18th find out early enough to buy a ticket if they want.

Geemo

Last edited:
I really hope they specify which bands will be playing. The dance community is waiting to hear before they will commit to paying those prices for tickets and parking. Some bands we will pay for, but not others.

I'm enthusiastic for this event. I have my tickets and a room and dining reservation lined up. I'm old enough to remember great "date nights" at DL in the old days and I hope this night has some of that magic. True, most of that old magic happened on warm summer nights, so dressing warm with style will be a challenge. But I'm doin' it and can't wait!

I feel the current information available for this event is really vague.

If Disney plans to have more of these events, it would be nice to list the dates well ahead of time.
As well as rides that will be open and various entertainment they have planned.

November 30th for an event January 18, seems focused to locals.

That's not really enough time to book a decent priced room and/or airfare for out-of-towner's.

Hopefully guests planning to be at Disney during Jan 18th find out early enough to buy a ticket if they want.

Geemo
Right? It sounds like they have 5 or 6 rides open

Yeah, our trip is just happening to fall during this event and I would so love to do it. But, with two kids, I just wish that I had more information before spending that much money and possibly having two feral children the next day!

Yeah, our trip is just happening to fall during this event and I would so love to do it. But, with two kids, I just wish that I had more information before spending that much money and possibly having two feral children the next day!

Lol....."two feral children the next day" that just cracks me up.

If i am reading correctly does this mean if you dont buy these tickets that you have to leave the park by 8pm?

If i am reading correctly does this mean if you dont buy these tickets that you have to leave the park by 8pm?
Yes, but the party is a Thursday night during the off season when the parks usually close at either 8 or 9 pm.

The idea is that the event happens after the park closes. So it was already scheduled to close at 8. If you get in a ride line before that you will be able to do ride. Main Street will also probably be open for another hour.

The lack of detail about this event is frustrating. I called and asked about the rides and was told that most rides WILL be open but they do not have a list. $95 is a lot of money to spend on something so vague.
I was excited about this but at this point Iam not sure.
Does anyone have more info?

Ooh, I would like more info. Coming in to visit my son in January. We could spend one nite at DL. So, this is like the Halloween Party sixties style? Early sixties or late/hippie sixties?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter