New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Meyer Werft have announced that their visitor centre will reopen to the public next weekend. As this will mean that anyone can walk through and see what's happening in the build hall maybe this will mean some new pictures or changes to the webcam views
I've got tickets to the Meyer Werft visitor center for tomorrow. Will report back here with photos!

What a great opportunity it was to visit the Meyer Werft! The Wish was as expected in pieces, but scattered around!
They're not doing guided tours at the moment, and all the signs/videos were in German, but I think we figured most of it out.
There was one Aida cruise ship almost finished, and the signs indicated that the Wish will be put together as soon as Aida leaves.

The second funnel that was delivered Wednesday, was now placed inside. The largest piece was outside (you can even see the slide on deck!), with a small piece right behind it (we assumed it was part of the Wish). Another large piece was in the hanger, but behind the Aida, making it hard to see.

583219 MickeyLogo.jpg

583220 583221

583222 583223

Last edited:
So if you crop the photos just a little bit they’ll post the way you intended. Could also test out rotating in edit to figure out by trial and error getting photos posted!

In the museum at the Meyer Werft, they also had set up examples of staterooms of several of the cruise ships they're making/have made. The new Disney Wish stateroom was on display, though behind glass. The photos came out alright I think. Gives us a 'real' look at the staterooms without Disney's professional photo magic.

583224 583225

583226 583227

583228 583229

In the museum at the Meyer Werft, they also had set up examples of staterooms of several of the cruise ships they're making/have made. The new Disney Wish stateroom was on display, though behind glass. The photos came out alright I think. Gives us a 'real' look at the staterooms without Disney's professional photo magic.

View attachment 583224 View attachment 583225

View attachment 583226 View attachment 583227

View attachment 583228 View attachment 583229

I like them more now that I can see them in real life and not in an animation

My only complaint is the open shelves. Closing the cupbords hid the clutter and made the room feel more comfortable... these rooms only have open shelves on both sides of the mirror and then the lower drawers. I no longer see the drawers/shelf by the bathroom that had the glasses either.

Looks similar to the NCL Breakaway, which had very nice staterooms

Thank you for the photos!! So fun to see. The rooms look nice but to me seem a little dated… like they’re out of the 1990s? I was hoping for something more innovative or modern or even with a vintage (fairytale or sailing) vibe.

So my question would've been about the mirror by the where the couch/bunk area would be. That almost looks like it could double as a screen for that area as well.

Yes, I have no problem visually - I just am concerned about function. Maybe the inside of the closet has some nice storage options.
That's my concern too. We booked a 5 person concierge room BTB and I am having second thoughts. It doesn't look like they have as much drawer or cabinet space. Storage space was already limited on the other ships, unless you had a room on the classic ships with the steamer. I am really hoping there is a dresser in the closet or something we can't see in the photos.

The Disney Wish will also feature Marceline Market, named for Walt Disney’s early childhood hometown. This appears to be the “Cabanas” replacement.

3E4E0C0D-1B32-4344-8BDA-D88EA7A94FB4.jpeg

"Choose from 10 food stations and a café-style beverage bar, with both indoor and outdoor seating available."

98DD3279-361B-4E06-8CE4-FEC6A14663BA.jpeg

At Marceline Market, "each station is themed to beloved animated films such as “Tangled,” “Ratatouille,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “Zootopia” and more.” Walk-around dining for breakfast and lunch, followed by table-service dining at dinnertime with entrees cooked to order.

798C4BC2-F452-4739-B3D5-198CA26F84A7.jpeg

For quick bites, the pool area on the Disney Wish will feature Mickey and Friends Festival of Foods: Mickey’s Smokestack Barbecue, Donald’s Cantina, Daisy’s Pizza Pies, Goofy’s Grill and Sweet Minnie’s Ice Cream.

Scott Gustin Twitter Thread about Marceline Market and other food offerings

Last edited:
The Disney Wish will also feature Marceline Market, named for Walt Disney’s early childhood hometown. This appears to be the “Cabanas” replacement.

View attachment 587806

"Choose from 10 food stations and a café-style beverage bar, with both indoor and outdoor seating available."

View attachment 587808

At Marceline Market, "each station is themed to beloved animated films such as “Tangled,” “Ratatouille,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “Zootopia” and more.” Walk-around dining for breakfast and lunch, followed by table-service dining at dinnertime with entrees cooked to order.

View attachment 587807

For quick bites, the pool area on the Disney Wish will feature Mickey and Friends Festival of Foods: Mickey’s Smokestack Barbecue, Donald’s Cantina, Daisy’s Pizza Pies, Goofy’s Grill and Sweet Minnie’s Ice Cream.

Scott Gustin Twitter Thread about Marceline Market and other food offerings

Like the idea of adding a BBQ station to the pool area quick bites offerings.

As for the Marceline Marketplace buffet, I had hoped they would leave it as a buffet for dinner. I don't like that DCL turns their buffets into table-service for dinner.

Like the idea of adding a BBQ station to the pool area quick bites offerings.

As for the Marceline Marketplace buffet, I had hoped they would leave it as a buffet for dinner. I don't like that DCL turns their buffets into table-service for dinner.
They are definitely still encouraging you to go to their main dinning rooms. Sometimes a burger or pizza on the pool deck sounds better than going through the main dinning room ordeal, as good as it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter