New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I put up with those hosts just to learn that? I hope there's more.

I was going to watch, but I figured that I'd be able to find the announcement on here or the Disney Parks blog so I skipped watching the parade.

I love the contrast of the blue and the white. I see them painting in the lobby a LOT Though in the future to keep that white up to DCL standards.

I wasn’t crazy about the colors but usually those renderings aren’t 100% accurate. There’s always going to be some differences in the real thing, so maybe it’ll grow on me. I also wish we got more than just a 30 second clip but I’ll take it!

edit: No pun intended

Love it being Cinderella but wish she was on a pedestal with the ships name like every other one
Hard to know if they showed its actual final form, or if this was just the artistic representation they chose to use for the reveal. I agree it would look better matching the other ships.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but given the Wish’s expected summer 2022 initial sailing, when can we expect to find out about the restaurants, new features, etc.? I’m guessing Disney has established some precedent on this. (?)

Oh and they also said that behind the Cinderella atrium statue in the Christmas reveal video is a bookshelf with Moana items. They said it’s possibly an “Easter egg” hint at a Moana show or restaurant on the Wish. I couldn’t see the items - anyone have a zoomed in screen shot??

Oh and they also said that behind the Cinderella atrium statue in the Christmas reveal video is a bookshelf with Moana items. They said it’s possibly an “Easter egg” hint at a Moana show or restaurant on the Wish. I couldn’t see the items - anyone have a zoomed in screen shot??

Yes there was a cabinet with moana stuff in the background. But looking around the rest of the photo there appears to be cabinets elsewhere also.... but you cant see the contents. I wonder if it will be different cabinets themed to different princesses. Although since the beginning I have been expecting either a Moana show or restaurant

Hi, everyone: Thanks to all who have provided such wonderful updates and information while I was offsite. It is so hopeful to dream of cruises in the near future. I so miss being on a Disney ship -- or any cruise for that matter.

So with so many pages of postings added since October, is there anything specific that anyone wants me to add to page one? I will track this thread daily now and appreciate any help you can provide to update it.

Take care and stay safe

I listened to the DCL Podcast yesterday and it was uplifting to hear that an employee from Meyer Werft said the Wish will be a wonderful ship and I believe he said “surprise the industry.” 😁
I cannot find the podcast from yesterday. Only Dec 16. Can you add link?

Meyer Werft has updated the webcam. I wouldn't honestly expect regular updates for a while until things settle down. Screenshot_20210111-151746_Chrome.jpg

What might they be building on the FERU, and can you determine if that is the center, forward or aft section of the FERU?

Last edited:
This section is the section below the aft funnel.

Looks like the exhaust stacks sticking out of it. You can see the lifeboat davits on the side too, so that section is built up to one deck above the jogging track. The aft of the module is closest to the camera.

The two holes immediately in front of the exhausts looks like an elevator lobby.

The structure in front of the exhausts is the Atrium/shopping area etc, you can see the subtle deck height change that signifies this.

The above is my best guess, I may be talking nonsense.

I figure this is the correct place to ask. My family and I have cruised Disney a few times (say 5 or so), comfortably Castaway Club, but hardly as experienced as some of the stalwarts. DS17 graduating next year, and we are seriously considering taking the maiden voyage of the Disney Wish, which I assume will start booking this late spring/summer. Never done an Inaugural, and wanted some advice. How do I get on the list to request a booking (either for the very first cruise or sometime in the first month)? I am certain they'll ask their lifers first, but I'd like a crack at it. Should I use a travel agent, go direct through Disney, etc?

Is it likely to be a 4- or 7-day Caribbean cruise? We could do either, just curious. Thanks!

This section is the section below the aft funnel.

Looks like the exhaust stacks sticking out of it. You can see the lifeboat davits on the side too, so that section is built up to one deck above the jogging track. The aft of the module is closest to the camera.

The two holes immediately in front of the exhausts looks like an elevator lobby.

The structure in front of the exhausts is the Atrium/shopping area etc, you can see the subtle deck height change that signifies this.

The above is my best guess, I may be talking nonsense.
When I get a few minutes ill look on my laptop, but I'm pretty sure Vovin is correct in their assessment. The area closest to the right side of the screen is aft. The feru is maybe 100 feet or so forward of the aft end of the ship, where her name is. If you looked at the completed ship sitting at a pier, when they have all 3 gangway out, this would be roughly where the aft gangway is, forward.

do we know if the Wish is going to have an aquaduck type slide? I thought the original images showed one but this latest image I grabbed from the Cinderella commercial doesn’t show anything like that present

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter