New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Truck1, sorry but maybe consider a little more research and knowledge before you post? Yes, the protection appears to be damaged and 1 piece missing, probably from rubbing on a protrusion when the unit passed a narrow point. A tug would never have pushed here. The visible part of the stabilizer appear to have no dents so the protective steel looks to have done the intended job during the transfer.
1. Before any prefab is shipped by ocean all openings and areas of possible ingress of water is protected. The steel is welded to the unit in exposed areas to protect the prefab unit from damage while underway.
2. Completed sea chest will have the interior pipes blinded, but otherwise left as-is. If the suction area of the sea chest is not completed a protective steel plate will be welded in place.
3. The area which you are pointing out is another protected area which was prepped for transport. You are looking the housing for the stabilizer and part of the stabilizer is visible. For a size ship like the Disney Wish this pocket is probably about 35-38 feet long. Steel plates are clearly visible tack welded on top and bottom to protect the installed stabilizer. Once the prefab reach the destination the temporary steel plates you see in the screen shot will be removed. The opening will be completed and most likely a final coaming will be welded in place on the inside edge to strengthen the steel in this very large open pocket in the shipside.
I never said a tug pushed there. I said it rubbed there or pushed into something there. The stabilizer pocket your referring to is above this area. You can see the red outline above the damage. The damage is actually looks like the turn of the bilge, since shes riding so high in the water.

Heres a picture of the stabilizer pocket. You can see the outline in red. The damage is below it.

damage2.jpg

In reality, the damage may be lower then my line, along the bilge turn.You can see the curve of the hull better here.

damage.jpg

Heres a close up of the damage. Theres 2 seams. The upper seam may be the fin pocket. The lower isnt as its separated by what looks like something solid, and its a fairly clean slice. Not all the way up, or jagged like you would expect if the pocket went that far down.

Damage3.jpg

So for all.of us wondering what's going on, MW is only sporadically updating their webcam. Thats the bad news. The good news is that on Christmas Day during the WDW parade, there's supposed to be an announcement regarding the Wish
MW is slowly getting things done, Carnival Mardi Gras was finally finished this week and turned over to CCL. We’re super excited to spend 2 weeks on her in June. D6198151-F14C-4A8E-8F1B-A59DC6FF5585.jpeg

MW is slowly getting things done, Carnival Mardi Gras was finally finished this week and turned over to CCL. We’re super excited to spend 2 weeks on her in June. View attachment 545805
Yep. I follow John Heald on FB and saw that announcement when they turned her over. I was just referring to the lack of webcam updates. Last one I saw yesterday was from Dec 9th.

And I have an invitation to ride the Bolt with John. I'd Ike to hear your thoughts on Mardi Gras when you get back.

Looks like this will be a very princess-centric ship..! I'm not crazy about the pastels but it will look great in the pics for the princess meet and greets. It also seems like Cinderella may be life sized.

Pretty awesome. Funny enough not one of any of our guesses lol

That was my thought also.

Love it being Cinderella but wish she was on a pedestal with the ships name like every other one

To an extent I can understand it. The typical characters are relatively small compared to a human. Now we have a human and to put her on a pedestal would be 10 foot tall or better. You could scale her back but I don't think it would look right.

I put up with those hosts just to learn that? I hope there's more.

My dad and I were talking about this this morning. The parade(forgetting this year), is more of 1 big Infomercial then anything else.

It also seems like Cinderella may be life sized.

I think that was Disneys intent, after i thought about it for a little bit. Mickeys height when I looked it up on Disney Fandom site is 2'3 inches (68.58 cm)and weighs 23 pounds.(10kg) So to keep the scale between them correct, Cinderella should be full sized compared to the Mickey on the Magic.

I know, the Mickeys on the ship are bigger but thats a different story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!