New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
So, here we go again. Thought I'd throw in a new thread so we can start talking about the new ships.

What ship names would you like to see, who would you like to see in the atrium and aft, restaurant theme ideas, etc. So have at it..........

FOR NEW SHIPS:

Meyer Werft link:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwe...ffe/disney_cruise_line/disney_cruise_line.jsp

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

News:

Wish Maiden Voyage sold out by May 20th!

JUST ANNOUNCED May 3, 2021: Disney Wish opening bookings this month for sailings starting June 2022. See Post #1959 for levels and booking dates.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-seen-video-of-its-next-ship-the-disney-wish/
https://www.maritime-executive.com/editorials/shipbuilding-faces-uncertain-waters

The first name has been released for the next ship: Disney Wish, with Rapunzel on the Stern, to sail January 2022.
New Ships now being referred to as "The Triton Class"

NEW: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-for-disney-cruise-line-terminal-renovations/

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/first-look-at-disneys-next-ships/

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_22081.jsp

http://dclnews.com/2016/03/03/disney-cruise-line-announces-two-new-ships-2/

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-lng-fueled-cruise-ships-beginning-late-2021/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/disney-cruise-line-plans-year-round-miami-presence/ar-BBNceBT

Estimated Launch Dates (more details will be added as they are released):

Ship 1 -- Disney Wish, to sail Summer 2022 (new date as of January 2021)
Ship 2 ~ Disney Treasure, to sail Summer 2024
Ship 3 ~~ 2025 (?)

Rumors & Interesting Facts:

Steel cutting on the Disney Wish is supposed to begin on 3/22/20.

The internal email structure refers to the ships by 3 letters: MAG,WON,DRM,FSY

That Disney doesn't want to repeat letters -- so new ship names wouldn't repeat DM, DW, DD or DF. Edited 8/26/19 to add: this has now proven not to be the case as Disney's next ship will also have the initials DW.

One of the new ships may sail an Asian itinerary

One of the ships may stay on West Coast and do Alaska and Hawaii

Rumors of trips to/from Australia -- not a rumor anymore as of October 2022

Suggested Names (alphabetical): (the chosen names are in bold below)

Disney Adventure(s)
Disney Atlantis
Disney Believe
Disney Black Pearl
Disney Bliss
Disney Castle
Disney Charm
Disney Discovery
Disney Empress
Disney Enchanted
Disney Enchantress
Disney Endeavor
Disney Experience
Disney Falcon
Disney Fancy
Disney Festive/Festivity
Disney Figment
Disney Flight
Disney Flying Dutchman
Disney Frontier
Disney Galaxy
Disney Happiness
Disney Heart
Disney Hope
Disney Horizon/Horizons
Disney Imagination
Disney Imagine
Disney Kingdom
Disney Legacy
Disney Legend
Disney Liberty
Disney Lillian
Disney Marvel
Disney Merriment
Disney Nautilus
Disney Ocean
Disney 'Ohana
Disney Pearl
Disney Princess
Disney Spirit
Disney Splendor
Disney Star
Disney Treasure -- for the 6th ship
Disney Triton
Disney Vision
Disney Wish -- for the 5th ship

Suggested Atrium Characters (the chosen statues are in bold below)

Aladdin/Jasmine w/Magic Carpet on Disney Treasure
Ariel
Blue Fairy
Captain Hook
Cinderella on Disney Wish
Daisy
Elsa/Anna/Olaf
Figment
Goofy
Mary Poppins & penguin or Bert
Pirate Mickey
Pluto
Roy Disney
Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
Steamboat Mickey
Tinkerbell and Peter Pan
Walt Disney
Wendy and Peter Pan

Suggested Bow Art (the chosen art is in bold below)

Captain Minnie for Disney Wish
Figment
Helmsman Mickey
Tinkerbell
Tuxedo Mickey

Suggested Aft Characters (the chosen characters are in bold)

Aladdin and Genie/Aladdin on Magic Carpet
Chip and Dale
Figment
Genie
Gepetto and Pinocchio
Mary Poppins and umbrella
Peter Pan and Tinkerbell
Rapunzel for Disney Wish (announced 8/25/2019)
Stitch (upside down painting name)
Tarzan and Jane
Ursula

Suggested New Main Stage Shows:

Coco
Mary Poppins
Moana for Disney Treasure
Peter Pan

Suggested New Restaurant Themes:

Aladdin with a Middle Eastern themed menu
Alice in Wonderland theme
Asian to honor Mulan
Big Band themed restaurant based on the 20's, 30's or 40's with dinner shows & dancing!
British (like Rose & Crown) to honor Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, etc.
The Brown Derby
German to honor Show White
Hawaiian themed to honor Moana
Mexican to honor Coco
Moana themed food place called Maui's Boat Snacks on pool deck
Norwegian to honor Frozen
A Steakhouse!

{I would like to add that putting in one or more of these restaurants for dinner should require that the character it represents make regular appearances ::yes::}

TO HONOR CURRENT SHIPS (thanks to mmouse37):

Disney Magic - Godmother Patricia Disney, Atrium statue Helmsmen Mickey, Bow art Sorcerer Mickey, Aft statue Goofy with paintbrushes
Disney Wonder - Godmother Tinkerbell, Atrium statue Ariel, Bow art Steamboat Willie, Aft statue Donald and nephews
Disney Dream - Godmother Jennifer Hudson, Atrium statue Admiral Donald, Bow art Captain Mickey, Aft statue Sorcerer Mickey with Mops
Disney Fantasy - Godmother Mariah Carey, Atrium statue Mademoiselle Minnie, Bow art Sorcerer Mickey, Aft statue Timothy Mouse and Dumbo

Also check out mmouse37 post #22 in this thread to see the pictures of the art.

Last edited:
I would like to see Tinkerbell in the Atrium. I think she would make a great atrium statue!!

As far as names....I'll go with what many others have said in other threads...Disney Wish and Disney Imagination or Disney Believe.

And some will say that "Imagination" is already used by Carnival but as the past has proven, many cruise lines use the same name for ships as other cruise lines.

MJ

I would like to see Tinkerbell in the Atrium. I think she would make a great atrium statue!!

As far as names....I'll go with what many others have said in other threads...Disney Wish and Disney Imagination or Disney Believe.

And some will say that "Imagination" is already used by Carnival but as the past has proven, many cruise lines use the same name for ships as other cruise lines.

MJ

She is the godmother of the wonder so don't see it happening.

For names, I'd like to see Disney Wishes and Disney Imagine or even Disney Flight if you have a Peter Pan theme.

For the atrium, a classic like Snow White and the dwarfs, or maybe even Elsa/Anna/Olaf, or Daisy Duck dressed for travel like Minnie. On the back of the ship -- Peter Pan and Tinkerbell for one.

Last edited:

:thumbsup2

I already said that I am sure there will be some Frozen. I also wonder if there will be some Star Wars or Marvel. Personally I don't think that those franchises would be fitting for the atrium, but who knows that corporate Disney thinks... They seem to be very keen to promote those franchises at the moment.

My guess for names is Disney Imagination and Disney Spirit.

And @RedSox68 I would suggest you edit the title in some way to include that this is about the new ships to make it easier to find... :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

I already said that I am sure there will be some Frozen. I also wonder if there will be some Star Wars or Marvel. Personally I don't think that those franchises would be fitting for the atrium, but who knows that corporate Disney thinks... They seem to be very keen to promote those franchises at the moment.

My guess for names is Disney Imagination and Disney Spirit.

And @RedSox68 I would suggest you edit the title in some way to include that this is about the new ships to make it easier to find... :goodvibes

Got it -- done. If you can think of a better way of wording it, let me know.

I really like Disney Spirit! Haven't heard that one before.

I hope that corporate does not even think about a Star Wars themed ship or even a Marvel themed one. I personally don't think it fits for a cruise ship and would get old very fast I think.

Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman

Pirate Mickey and maybe a classic Steamboat Willie

I don't think they'll put another Mickey in the atrium, but a black and white statue in a case as a tribute to Steamboat Willie would be a nice atrium decoration.

Disney Pearl would be a great name.

I have started listing names in the first thread as a source place to see all the suggestions, including restaurant themes and atrium characters.

Last edited:
Got it -- done. If you can think of a better way of wording it, let me know.

I really like Disney Spirit! Haven't heard that one before.

I hope that corporate does not even think about a Star Wars themed ship or even a Marvel themed one. I personally don't think it fits for a cruise ship and would get old very fast I think.

Looks perfect!! And I agree with you on the Star Wars or Marvel theme... I hope they stay in the kids clubs.

My guess would be that we will have one male and one female atrium statue again like with the other pairs. And I still think they will go with some more modern Disney characters. Poor Daisy and Goofy are not likely candidates in my opinion.

Since the new ships have abandoned the classic days of cruising theme (which they pushed sooooo hard for the first two), I would like to see some real technical, gadgety, hi-tech, do-dads throughout the ship.
Talking pictures on the wall and dining rooms that change color are really cool but are now old hat.
The animated "windows" on interior cabins is more of what I'm thinking.....something that, when people hear about it, makes people say "WOW!". The fireworks were like that back in the day.

I'm not sure if I've explained myself well. I don't need a spate of "look at all the ships have on them already" replies...I am aware of those.

BUT, the largest entertainment company in the world should be able to absolutely make the other cruise lines CRINGE with what the new ships offer.........I always liked one of the original concepts put out there at the inception of DCL of a ship literally looking like a floating island. I know it wouldn't work, but THAT kind of imagineering.
IDK. If I was so smart, I'd be working for DCL...................................................

MJ

Carnival also has a Magic.

MJ

Carnival had a Fantasy and Dream before Disney had theirs, so it's happened before. Disney did have Magic before Carnival had theirs through.

Since the new ships have abandoned the classic days of cruising theme (which they pushed sooooo hard for the first two), I would like to see some real technical, gadgety, hi-tech, do-dads throughout the ship.
Talking pictures on the wall and dining rooms that change color are really cool but are now old hat.
The animated "windows" on interior cabins is more of what I'm thinking.....something that, when people hear about it, makes people say "WOW!". The fireworks were like that back in the day.

I'm not sure if I've explained myself well. I don't need a spate of "look at all the ships have on them already" replies...I am aware of those.

BUT, the largest entertainment company in the world should be able to absolutely make the other cruise lines CRINGE with what the new ships offer.........I always liked one of the original concepts put out there at the inception of DCL of a ship literally looking like a floating island. I know it wouldn't work, but THAT kind of imagineering.
IDK. If I was so smart, I'd be working for DCL...................................................

One of the cruise lines, I think RCCL, now has a virtual verandah on interior room walls.

I agree with you. I always find Disney the best when they do something that the normal person like me would not think of. That's why I am disappointed with things like changing the Norway ride at Epcot into a Frozen ride. That is something I could come up with and I know that I am not qualified to be an Imagineer. So, yes, I am hoping for a WOW! surprise (not to be confused with RCCL's WOW bands, Magic Bands on the ship would not wow me.).

So, here we go again. Thought I throw in a new thread so we can start talking about the new ships. What names would you like to see, who would you like to see in the atrium, etc.

So have at it..........

Suggested Names:

Disney Wishes
Disney Imagination
Disney Spirit
Disney Black Pearl (or Disney Pearl)
Disney Flight
Disney Believe

Suggested Characters:

Elsa/Anna/Olaf
Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
Pirate Mickey
Steamboat Mickey

A little disappointed that a long-time member like yourself would create a new thread for this when an existing one exists: http://www.disboards.com/threads/future-ship-names.3302056/

Maybe @AquaDame can please merger them together for us.

A little disappointed that a long-time member like yourself would create a new thread for this when an existing one exists: http://www.disboards.com/threads/future-ship-names.3302056/

Maybe @AquaDame can please merger them together for us.

Usually I agree with you that multiple threads should be avoided, but this thread is not only about names, but about all kind of news and rumors about the new ships. There is a place for this new thread, even if currently there is not so much news and rumors just yet. Also, @RedSox68 is keeping information in the first post so that they are easy to reference in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!