New discounts announced for D23 members

ImTooExcitedToSleep

DIS Veteran
Staff member
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club just announced several new discounts for its members:

*$23 off orders of $149 or more at online retailer Brookstone.com

*15% savings on videogame entertainment from THQ, including the popular uDraw GameTablet

*A 10% discount on services offered by SuperShuttle and ExecuCar nationwide, including service to Southern California and Central Florida airports

*Special savings on admission to such popular Southern California attractions as:
-The IMAX Theater at the California Science Center in Los Angeles
-Madame Tussauds Hollywood
-Two popular presidential attractions: The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum in Simi Valley and the Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace in Yorba Linda

*A cool 10% off purchases at Two Scoops Ice Cream Parlor in Ko’olina, Hawaii, close to the brand-new Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa

*Savings of 10% on a Ride-Along or Driving Experience at Richard Petty Driving Experience at Walt Disney World® Speedway in Florida

*At Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, save $10 on any purchase of $50 or more

These discounts join other discounts that are already in place, such as:

*A 10% discount on services at all Mandara Spa locations worldwide, including spas at the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World Resorts

*D23-exclusive pricing and offers for tickets to Mary Poppins on Broadway and The Lion King in Las Vegas

*D23 Member offers from ESPN Zone in Anaheim and The House of Blues at the Walt Disney World Resort

*D23 Member pricing at ESPN’s upcoming 76 Classic men’s basketball NCAA tournament in Anaheim

*Savings of 20% on items purchased at the ABC TV Online Store

Sorry but I am not impressed since I live in FL.

SafetyMom -- did you read these?

All Mandara Spa locations, including Florida

Richard Petty Driving Experience

Super Shuttle, all locations nationwide (except Miami -- do you live in Miami?)

THQ.com online store wherever you live

Brookstone.com, wherever you live

House of Blues in Orlando

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, wherever you live

ABC Online store, wherever you live

It seems like living in Florida really isn't an excuse not to be impressed by D23 trying to do something right by its members.

Let me clarify, I am not impressed enough by these discounts to want to join D23. Many of these discounts I can get with my AAA or by other means.

Everyone needs to decide for themselves if these discounts bring any value to their D23 membership.

Let me clarify, I am not impressed enough by these discounts to want to join D23. Many of these discounts I can get with my AAA or by other means.

Everyone needs to decide for themselves if these discounts bring any value to their D23 membership.

I just posted these as information, but really, these discounts shouldn't be the reason for joining D23, they're just a little something extra.

I agree Tom. I am just saying that there isn't a reason for me to join D23 yet. For those that have joined and are happy, I am happy for you.

Maybe it's just me...but I kinda doubt it...but I can't help but notice that there are very few Disney related discounts. How about 10% off at the Disney Store? 10% off at Beaches and Cream in addition to the ice cream place close to Aulani. $23 off $149 at WoD (what an odd discount) instead of or in addition to Brookstone? People who join D23 do so because they love Disney. And they offer a mish mosh of discounts for non-Disney things? I guess probably because they figure D23'ers are going to buy Disney stuff anyway, so why give 'em a discount?

Maybe it's just me...but I kinda doubt it...but I can't help but notice that there are very few Disney related discounts. How about 10% off at the Disney Store? 10% off at Beaches and Cream in addition to the ice cream place close to Aulani. $23 off $149 at WoD (what an odd discount) instead of or in addition to Brookstone? People who join D23 do so because they love Disney. And they offer a mish mosh of discounts for non-Disney things? I guess probably because they figure D23'ers are going to buy Disney stuff anyway, so why give 'em a discount?

I'm guessing it's because a lot of D23 members are also Annual Passholders, so they wanted to offer something different?

I just posted these as information, but really, these discounts shouldn't be the reason for joining D23, they're just a little something extra.

Personally, I love them and have used them already -- for "Mary Poppins" tickets (going Veterans Day weekend -- in 11 days!), for visiting the Ronald Reagan Library and Madame Tussauds when I wa in SoCal last week, and I plan to use them for Brookstone and THQ.

A reason to join? No, maybe not. But I wouldn't join AAA because of the discounts, either. What is it that American Express used to say? "Membership has its privileges." http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

The 10% off at Disney Store is a GREAT idea. I hope they will do something like that.

Nothing here for me either.

LuJoy.....I'm glad you decided to stick around the boards.

There are some great folks that participate in these discussions.

I'm going to try and save you some aggregation with the discussion of D23.

Lines have pretty much been drawn between those that see a value and those that don't.

It's my belief that you aren't going to change anyone's mind as to whether they see a value in joining.

I'm an avid die hard Disney fan and have been for over 40 years.

I personally don't see anything of use to me that would convince me to part with the enrollment fee.

I've never bought anything from Brookstone, I drive to the airport, i won't fit in a RP race car (6'5"), I strongly dislike massages and I am diabetic.

On top of that....I have no idea what THQ is, but I'm certain I don't need to find anything else to buy online. I do enough of that.

I've had a chance to see and do some amazing things and I've met some amazing Disney people.

I am happy that you and everyone else involved sees D23 as a terrific thing, but I don't think you get any further discounts by bringing new people into the club.:laughing: (I made myself laugh)

Again...I'm glad you decided to stick around.

Let me know when Disney Shareholders can join for free. Until then, it's not worth it for me.

Personally, I love them and have used them already -- for "Mary Poppins" tickets (going Veterans Day weekend -- in 11 days!), for visiting the Ronald Reagan Library and Madame Tussauds when I wa in SoCal last week, and I plan to use them for Brookstone and THQ.

A reason to join? No, maybe not. But I wouldn't join AAA because of the discounts, either. What is it that American Express used to say? "Membership has its privileges." http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

The 10% off at Disney Store is a GREAT idea. I hope they will do something like that.

I joined AAA because of the value of the membership. It brings me peace of mind to have AAA. It also offers discounts that I can use to justify the cost of the membership. I don't feel that way about D23.

We will need to agree to disagree about D23. I am open minded enough that if they changed the program to where I would see a value in the membership I would reconsider.

I am sure that D23 isn't losing any sleep over the fact that I am not a member.

Let me know when Disney Shareholders can join for free. Until then, it's not worth it for me.

This really is an excellent point. I agree with you 100%, Michael! :thumbsup2

I was really surprised to see a discount for Brookstone listed. Are they partnering up with Disney or are they already? This is news to me.

I don't live in either California or Florida, but am glad to hear that those who are D23 members can take advantage of some discounts.

I definitely think a Disney Store discount is in order though.

I'm not impressed with the discounts. Living in Florida feels like you are the stepchild here.

A BlockBuster.com discount - didn't they just close a lot of stores around the country because they were losing money.

10% discount for the Richard Perry driving experience - that means you don't have to pay tax.

Brookstone.com - really?! :confused:

I agree with Kathy - I get more with my AAA discount.

Not impressed here either. My membership card is in a landfill somewhere anyway.

For me, the only thing that I could use since I dont live near either park is the Rocky Mountain Candy company. But Ive never bought more than $5 worth of stuff there.
Living in Canada we have extra shipping costs on top of the membership. It makes it wildly overpriced for having little or no benifits available to me. When I did join it was given to me as a christmas gift. D23 had such a hard time actually getting the membership to me , it took three tries and I ended up just going to Barnes and Noble to get the issues they never sent me.

For some reason you cant purchase the magaine in this country. Yet the old Disney magazine and Family Fun I can get. Lucklily I live 45 minutes from the US border and I can just go to Barnes and Noble and get the latest copy if I want it. Do I read them? I glance at them, but its stuff I already know or dont really care about or read it on the Disney parks blog already. They are pretty to look at. I miss the old Disney Magazine, I loved it, I would read it cover to cover, people knew at my house when I got it, leave her be shes got somereading to do.

Maybe they will finally get D23 right, if they did offer a discount to the disneystore, I might think about it. However it would still be more than the magi kingdom club ever was... Dont get me even started on that. They closed that to make way for the Disney Visa whch isnt available to international guests.

I really, REALLY miss the Magic Kingdom card! My Dad had one as long as I can remember, and I had one as soon as I qualified, until they got rid of it. An actual discount on tickets to the park! *THAT* was something I could use!

Sayhello

I think I would see more of a value in D23 if they did more on the east coast. It's easier and cheaper for me to spend a long weekend in Orlando than California. D23...if you're listening....spend more time in Florida and I think you may pick up a few thousand more members.

Now I'm a gal who really does 'drink the Disney Kool Aid' and I'd happily grab anything related to the Mouse but the lack of content and horrendous cost to international members mean that even I can't see the benefit of being a D23 member...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter