New Details on MK Toll Booth Area Work Are Good For Fort Wilderness Guests

Was at the MK a couple of weekends ago and they have finally started to build the access road to the MK resorts that will bypass the toll booth. This will be so nice when finished.

Thanks for the update Terri. :thumbsup2

For those that don't know, we covered it and how it might affect the Fort here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...-are-good-for-fort-wilderness-guests.3510106/

Bama Ed

I forgot you already had a thread on this. Maybe move my comment to that thread? Also, going back to that thread, it is a shame that they are clearing land when there was already a road in place close by. Maybe they wanted it to me more convenient for the other resorts. I did a google search to see if I could find more info, and WDWNews has photo report, but not much info. Here is one picture I borrowed from that site. It's a shame all those trees had to be taken out.
new road.jpg

I forgot you already had a thread on this. Maybe move my comment to that thread? Also, going back to that thread, it is a shame that they are clearing land when there was already a road in place close by. Maybe they wanted it to me more convenient for the other resorts. I did a google search to see if I could find more info, and WDWNews has photo report, but not much info. Here is one picture I borrowed from that site. It's a shame all those trees had to be taken out.
View attachment 221598
Merged.

We were at the fort Jan. 2016. I used Epcot Center Dr. and exited onto Bonnet Creek Pkwy. Just cross over Buena Vista Dr. at the light, go past OKW etc. etc.
Follow to Vista and make a left, the fort will be down on the right.

I avoid most of the traffic by using the Western Way and avoiding I4.

We do both of these routes all the time. Also, we get off of 429 before the Western Way and come in behind the Magic Kingdom a lot of times.

Last edited:

I used Epcot Center Dr. and exited onto Bonnet Creek Pkwy. Just cross over Buena Vista Dr. at the light, go past OKW etc. etc. Follow to Vista and make a left, the fort will be down on the right..

We do both of these routes all the time. Also, we get off of 429 before the Western Way and come in behind the Magic Kingdom a lot of times.
We've also taken a number of routes, although I favor Western Way now. I'll pay the toll to not have much traffic. The biggest concern with coming in on Vista from Buena Vista is the 180 degree right turn into the Fort. With my new trailer, I'm 65 ft long. I have to swing into the oncoming lane to make the turn or I take out the lovely Disney landscaping. Depending on the time of day, Vista can be pretty busy.

j

We have a small travel trailer but I'm still thinking we may be better off to come in from the backside of the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter