**** NEW DCL on the travel channel April 1st ****

jmb910

Obsessed with anything Disney!
Here is an email that I received from a friend! I checked the TV lineup for Sunday on the Travel Channel Website and confirmed it! I will definitely have the DVR ready to go! :cheer2:

THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOL’S JOKE! WATCH THE TRAVEL CHANNEL ON SUNDAY, APRIL 1ST FOR A “DAY OF DISNEY PROGRAMMING”!

From 2pm to Midnight on Sunday, the Travel Channel will air a special “day” of Disney programming which will include the new and improved shows WDW Behind-the-Scenes, Disney Cruise Line and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, plus past favorites such as Ultimate Walt Disney World, Disney’s Imagineers and Disneyland: Behind-the-Scenes and Disney episodes of Great Hotels, hosted by travel personality Samantha Brown.

The complete schedule is listed below:

2pm “Ultimate Walt Disney World” – explores the top 10 thrill rides at WDW

3pm “Disney’s Imagineers” – the first one-hour special about Walt Disney Imagineering

4pm “Disneyland Behind-the-Scenes” – a one-hour tour of the place where the magic started

5pm GREAT HOTELS – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa hosted by Samantha Brown

5:30pm GREAT HOTELS – Samantha Brown visits Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

6pm GREAT HOTELS – Samantha Brown stays at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort

6:30pm GREAT HOTELS – Samantha visits Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

7:00pm “Undiscovered Walt Disney World” – everything “outside” of the theme parks – from water parks to Cirque du Soleil

8pm debut of the re-edited and updated “Disney Cruise Line” one hour show, including the announcement of our 2 new ships

9pm debut of the updated “Walt Disney World Behind the Scenes” – includes Expedition Everest, updated Imagineer interviews, the Cinderella castle suite and new Pixar product

10pm debut of the updated “Disney’s Animal Kingdom” – includes Expedition Everest and Finding Nemo the Musical

11pm encore presentation of “Disney Cruise Line”

Sounds like Sunday is all about Disney on the Travel Channel!!! :cheer2:

If you won't be home, set your DVR/Tivo!!!

Travel Channel will debut the newly updated DISNEY CRUISE LINE special on April 1 at 8pm and again at 11pm. :banana: :banana:

Here is the schedule for the entire day Sunday, April 1.

2 p.m. - Ultimate Disney World
3 p.m. - Disney Imagineers
4 p.m. – Disneyland Behind-the-Scenes
5 p.m. - Great Hotels
5:30 p.m. – Great Hotels
6 p.m. – Great Hotels
6:30 p.m. – Great Hotels
7 p.m. - Undiscovered Walt Disney World
8 p.m. - Disney Cruise Line
9 p.m.- WDW Behind the Scenes
10 p.m. – Disney’s Animal Kingdom
11 p.m. - Disney Cruise Line

I checked this out on my TiVo and it said it was copyrighted in 2003. I assumed it was the one we all have seen over and over again.

Can anyone else confirm???

This may help..there's another thread on this and I'll combine them :)

And... I changed the title slightly. :)

I checked this out on my TiVo and it said it was copyrighted in 2003. I assumed it was the one we all have seen over and over again.

Can anyone else confirm???

It says that they will have updates on some of the older shows, including the addition of the new ships and Animal Kingdom updates. Knowing the Travel Channel, the shows will probably remain the same with a small voiceover at the end ;) . Oh well, it's better than nothing. Either way it will be fun to watch everything before the vacation! :banana:

Remember they have a lot of new footage from the Cruising Do's and Don'ts show.

I'm guessing they will take the old show edit out the parts that don't work any more (showing the ESPN club in the stack and the interviews with Rick who was cruise director at the time) and replacing them with new footage.

Remember they have a lot of new footage from the Cruising Do's and Don'ts show.

I'm guessing they will take the old show edit out the parts that don't work any more (showing the ESPN club in the stack and the interviews with Rick who was cruise director at the time) and replacing them with new footage.
So basically cut and paste with the old one. Either way, it will be a new special!

Yep - travel channel is great for doing that. Like taking scenes from Samantha Brown's great hotels show and using them for a special by Sam on "Best places to stay in Florida". You get my drift.

I loved the old show so an updated one is fine with me!

Thanks for posting this - I had heard there was going to be a day of Disney, but hadn't heard there were going to be some updated shows! I have all of these on my DVR, but I guess I will now need to make room for the new ones! ;)

Plus, I just sent the entire listing to my extended family, who will be traveling with us to WDW this December (for some, this will be their first trip). I can only imagine how excited they're going to be come Sunday night! :rotfl:

This I got from Disney and posted about a week ago:

Travel Channel Air Dates
The successful Travel Channel show, Secrets of Disney Cruise Line, has been updated and will debut in a special "Travel Channel Disney Day" on April 1, 2007 at 8 p.m. The Disney Cruise Line will be featured (along with other cruise lines) on a new show Cruising Do’s and Don’ts. Disney Cruise Line is the only cruise line that received a dedicated show segment. These will air on March 18 at 8 and 11 p.m., March 22 at 9 p.m. and 12 a.m., and March 25 at 11 a.m.

The Travel Channel website lists it as the same old Disney Cruise show shot in 2002 and first aired on April 15, 2003.

The Dish Network DVR Program guide says the same thing.

But set the DVR just in case they are wrong, you can always delete it.

The Travel Channel website lists it as the same old Disney Cruise show shot in 2002 and first aired on April 15, 2003.

The Dish Network DVR Program guide says the same thing.

But set the DVR just in case they are wrong, you can always delete it.

Same here with Directv, says it's from 2003. We just upgraded to HD this week so we now have an HD-DVR...I'm going to set it to record anyway since it sounds like there's some new stuff on the show, loving my DVR so far, already wondering how I ever lived with out it!!:cool1:

Wahhhh.. i want a DVR!! I gotta work all day Sunday, and we are cruising for the first time this year! I guess i can catch the night show, but i will definately miss anything before 5pm..

Yay! I have to work till 6 on Sundays and was worried I'd miss the ones I want to see but they aren't on till later! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter