NEW DAY 4 UP- Two 30-somethings@ WDW- artificial insemination before the mouse!

Michelle,

Your report is JUST what I needed!
My DH and I are leaving in 5 days for a weekend at WDW - without kids!

Looking forward to seeing what you did on your adult trip - and hoping that your next trips will be spent waiting in line to see Mickey! :earsboy: ::MickeyMo :smickey:
Catrin

DAY 2, PART 1

Saturday, August 19th

Well we are now to Day 2, Saturday, August 19th. The itenerary calls for the MK this morning. So we are up at about 7am and take the beautiful walk to the Port Royale for the food court area. We decide to split an adult breakfast platter, using a counter service credit. I know breakfast is not the best 'spend' of credits, but like i said, we were just enjoying, not maximizing. I wasn't very hungry, so I just ate the biscuit, a few bites of eggs and drank the OJ. It was pretty good and lots of food, I saw lots of folks sharing this platter.
47b6d605b3127cce8c67ee21099c00000016108RbtHLVi1Q

After a nice breakfast and stroll back to the room, we were out the door and headed to the MK in our rental car by 8:45am. Of course then you have to take the tram, then the monorail, but soon enough, we were having our bag checked and walking through the gates of the MK. I love it! I have always wanted those attraction posters in the tunnel, I decided this time I would buy one ($38 for the poster size). First we did some photopass pics

47b6d606b3127cce8c176f35609000000015108RbtHLVi1Q

47b6d606b3127cce8c176fff605a00000015108RbtHLVi1Q

We decided to head straight to Space Mountain first. There was about a 10 minute wait. DH loved it! We had a 'blast'. We laughed at the 70s look of the scenes of the astronauts. After our launch into outer space, we hit up Buzz, it only had a 5 minute wait. I don't remember our scores, but I did beat DH and he was sure his gun wasn't working properly!

After defeating the evil Zurg, we headed towards Frontierland to conquer Splash Mountain. We decided to just a get a fastpass instead and ride Big Thunder. There was maybe a 10 minute wait. So far the waits were not bad, but it was still before 10am. At 10am, we headed to the boat dock to head over to Tom Sawyer island. This is something I wanted to do this trip- something that wouldn't normally fit in a commando type schedule. I knew about the paintbrushes, and told DH, so we made it our mission to find one. We were on the first boat over. Other folks on the boat knew about the paintbrushes as well. We looked and looked, scoured the island, the caves, Aunt Polly's, the brush, the fort and never found one. I did get a pic of DH on the barrel bridge.
47b6d605b3127cce8c67ee7c88f100000016108RbtHLVi1Q

We did have a good time just exploring. After a good 30 minutes or so, we gave up and it was HOT! We headed back to the boat, a lot of folks that were on the first boat over were returning with us, and apparently they didn't find any either. The CM felt bad for us and gave us all free FP for Big Thunder of Splash, good for that day only! So we all got the reward anyway! There was a honeymooning couple, but they walke away before she could give them something- she said she had something special for them. Oh well. So now, we've already ridden Big Thunder and have a FP for Splash from earlier. We exit Tom Sawyer and hit Splash using our original FP. We decided to hold the other FP special certificate for later.

We had a great ride on Splash and were in the second row. We got a little wet, but not soaked, just enough to enjoy the cooling off. We then headed to the Haunted Mansion to get in some AC! HM had no wait at all. We made our way through and saw the grim grinning ghosts. I pointed out some hidden mickeys to DH. He enjoyed this attraction. One thing I did not enjoy......was the guy reciting every line loudly next to me as we were in the first room. I know all the lines too, as I am sure some of you do, and I was repeating them in my head, but I knew DH wouldn't appreciate me saying them outloud. Well this guy covered it instead.....it was so annoying. Now I know I won't ever do that. I couldn't enjoy the scenery cuz he was so loud. He did get frustrated with me, since I would try and make our way to the side of the room that was near the door, so we could be the first to get in. That was the commando in me taking over i guess. I learned to let it go later in the trip and we often just stood back and let others load and went in last. What's another minute gonna hurt? Next we hit up Philharmagic, more AC. We timed this just right, which would be a great trend this trip. We would always walk up to shows just before they started! So we rarely ended up waiting for shows, we timed it just on! DH loved the show. I love watching the kids try to grab the jewels or save Donald!

By this time it was sprinkling just a bit, but not enough to cause us to don ponchos yet. We saw Peter Pan had a 30 minute wait. Those poor folks have no idea how long they are in for since that stupid line/que is so tricky. You don't realize it wraps around down near the bathrooms near Columbia Harbor House. Ugh! We knew better and got a FP instead. We then headed to lunch- it was after noon now. We went to Cosmic Ray's, since I knew we had better luck getting an indoor AC seat there. It was a madhouse in there. Everyone else apparently had the same idea! All 3 bays were open. I told DH that they had rotisserie chicken and ribs in the first bay. He likes to eat more healthy than me, so I figured that would suit him. He went over to get in line, key to the world in hand. Let me mention, we did carry a backpack this trip- well I carried it, complete with 2 ponchos, our large digital camera (it takes video and saves on a small cd), some emergency stuff (meds/band aids), a lightweight jacket (it gets cold in those sit down restaurants when you are wearing a tank top!) and a few other miscellaneous items, wipes, lotion etc. DH carried his wallet and our cards and my cash. So i get my card from him and get in the burger bay line. I get the bacon doublecheeseburger with fries, a coke and chocolate cake. DH gets the rib/chicken combo with mashed potatos, carrots, diet coke and brownie. We find a seat near the back of the restaurant, there were actually plenty open. We have a great meal. I only eat about half of my burger, imagine that. It was huge! I did love all the other fixin's! We enjoyed people watching while eating. And this is when we saw it.....the 40 something, fully grown woman, who appeared to be apparently normal, until I realized she was wearing a complete tinkerbell outfit. Now mind you, you saw I dressed as tinkerbell this past halloween (see first post)- but that was halloween. This is August. I realize we are in Disney and people don silly hats, mouse ears and shirts they normally wouldn't wear in public. But a full blown tink costume, complete with wings and wand on a 40 something woman on a hot August day? It was just too funny. But to each their own. DH would not have let me out of the room wearing that if it wasn't halloween.

We also just watched the CM's clean up and I told him what a hard job they have. I know, I did it. Cleaned up the crackers from the toddlers, the spilled drinks etc. One guy was about my dad's age or older and was working so hard. He was sweeping up every piece of trash the minute it hit the ground. I made sure to tell them thanks on the way out and I saw another guest thank him as well. After our yummy meal and run in with grown up tinkerbell, we headed to use our FP for Peter Pan. Man we got some looks from folks. Especially those standing behind the rope where they make the standby folks wait while the FP folks go by in front of them. DH didn't get why people didn't use FP. If the line was longer than 20 minutes on anything, we had decided we would get a FP or come back and do it another day. DH likes the PP ride, I do too, it is my favorite story as a child and I collect tinkerbell stuff. IN fact, my dog's name is tinkerbell. DH loves that. Lol I see the mural at the end and decided I want a pic of it, possible good ideas to use for a peter pan or tink themed nursery one day! I never got a good pic of it though. Guess I can use all the Peter Pan books I have though to find something good to paint.

So after visiting neverland, we are wiped out. We got a lot done though and didn't run from ride to ride. I walk very fast.....DH, is very slow. He had to tell me to slow down at least 2-3 times a day. I would just leave him in the dust and he got peeved. I learned to slow it down due to him. I wondered how my family of all 8 on our last trip managed to stay together and keep up with me and my fast walking sister. So back on the monorail, tram and to the rental car we go- and back to CBR for a break. We lay down a bit, shower and freshen up. DH reads some. We were back in the room by 2:30pm. our Mousekeeper left us our first towel animal. I was leaving her a tip in an envelope (decorated with disney stickers) each day.
47b6d605b3127cce8c67ee2e88a300000016108RbtHLVi1Q

Part 2 coming up next! :wizard: :cheer2:

We are out the door again by 5pm. This time, to Epcot. I like to park hop. We first make a stop for a photopass picture. DH HATES having his pic taken. He doesn't like to smile for them either. So any pic he is smiling in is gold. Since there was just the two of us, I made sure to get a photopass pic of us in the front of all 4 parks. Here is the one from Epcot:
47b6d606b3127cce8c176fd3607600000015108RbtHLVi1Q

The photopass guy then told us to put our arms out and be silly- this one turned out pretty cute afterall.
47b6d606b3127cce8c176f30e1a500000016108RbtHLVi1Q

After our photo session- we stopped in Art of Disney. I was in no hurry, by now the FP for Soarin and TT were gone and the lines were huge. We just planned to take it easy, see less popular attractions etc. I saw some of the attraction posters I wanted there. Next we headed to Universe of Energy. My family missed this last trip, so I wanted to do it this trip. I can say, I realize how bored kids must be on this attraction. I know I used to be. The whole Ellen/Bill Nye thing improved it, but I think it still could use a face lift some day. Sure the dinosaurs are cool, but the overall attraction is rather lengthy and I saw many kids and adults napping! But the AC was great. And once again, we timed it just right, we walked in and the preshow began immediately. I made friends with a little girl that scooted over to make room for me on a bench. I just love seeing how much fun the kids are having at WDW, even on this ride.

After our trip back in time, we got a bottle of water, using 1 snack credit. We then noticed the sky darkening. We headed to Mexico and took cover, rode the boat ride and explored. By the time we exited, it was pouring. I decided to get DH a margarita though. So we stopped by that kiosk and got him one. I decided to pass, since we don't know if I am pregnant or not. But I didn't want that to take away from DH's fun! We had planned to 'drink around the world'. But he would be doing it solo this time!

So at this point, it is pouring. I see all the folks that hadn't read the DIS and were dishing out money for Disney ponchos. DH realizes how good it is to be prepared. It was funny. Mentioning the DIS....DH knows I surf and post here a lot. Anytime I didn't know the answer to a question or missed something, he would say "hey, i am going to tell the DIS you didn't know that and that you aren't an expert and that you suck!".......lol- only DH. I put on my poncho, but DH refused his, he said it would be too hot and stuffy. I had a cheap dollar store umbrella too, so he just used that. We then decided to just walk towards France in the pouring rain, without stopping, since we had reservations for dinner at Chefs De France for 7:30pm. We finally made it to France.

47b6d605b3127cce8c67e21b09a000000016108RbtHLVi1Q

Lots of folks were wearing ponchos, but we saw tons just getting wet, they didn't seem to care. That's the magic of disney for you. Where else do you not care if you are completely soaked? It is still a good 30-45 minutes before our reservation, so we check out the movie in France. I love this music on the film, Impressions de France. My sister burned it on CD for me. I listen to it often. Did you notice part of that music was used in Oceans 11 too? We enjoyed the AC and the movie, even though it is outdated. The music was beautiful. We timed this one just right too- walked up just as they were loading the theatre! Our timing was impeccable this trip. After our visit to France, we checked in for dinner. There was quite a crowd there, people trying to get out of the rain for sure. We were seated almost immediately. We had a table near the window too which was nice. We dried off a bit and had our seat. Now, being the consummate planner, I had visited Deb's website to check out the menus. I knew I wanted a filet they had on the menu and chocolate mousse for dessert.......to my surprise, neither was on the menu now. How disappointing. This is when DH says he is going to tell on me for not knowing this fact per the DIS. Oh well, I find other things on the menu instead. I start off with a coke and the french onion soup. It was delicous and huge. I could have made a meal of that in itself. It really filled me up. DH had a diet coke and lobster bisque which he said was good. For dinner I had the flank steak which comes with fries, but I asked for mashed potatoes instead and they substituted with no problem. DH had the Cod with was over a bed of spinach with some lobster sauce. For dessert, I had the strawberry sorbet and DH had the mango mousse. Both delicious. I was stuffed and only ate half of my steak. The dining plan is great, but definitely way too much food. We would normally not order dessert and I might have just made the soup my entree, as it was more than enough for me. Our meal here would have been over $100. But we signed our receipt, left a few extra bucks for tip and made our way out. Man we were stuffed! The park didn't close until 9pm, but we were beat and had already seen Illuminations, plus it was raining some still. So we just headed towards the front of the park and out. We were laying in bed by 9:30, watching the news. The early mornings and heat were catching up with us. I knew we had to be at AK the next day by opening to follow the mobs to EE. So early to bed wasn't too bad of an idea. So our first full day is complete. Since it was pouring rain, we didn't get many pics this evening. oh well.
47b6d605b3127cce8c67e221099a00000016108RbtHLVi1Q

Highlights:
Tackled all 3 mountains first day
FP and little waits
Impeccable timing for shows
Yummy lunch and dinner on dining plan
Being prepared for the rain

Lowlights:
Guy narrating Haunted Mansion in his own words
Rain at Epcot- it was a tsnumai!
Changed menu at Chefs De France
No chocolate mousse? What, are you crazy?

Money spent:

1 snack on bottle of water at Epcot
2 counter service meals at Cosmic Ray's - would have been about $30!
2 sit down meals at Chefs De France- would have been over $100
1 counter service meal at CBR for breakfast- would have been about $10
$8 for one margarita in Epcot

and lastly, baby update.....there is none to update right now, other than my sister is having her second child in a week! I took a test on Thursday when we returned. It was negative. So I decided to wait and test again today. The doc told me to test on Saturday (yesterday). So today sometime I will test again. I still don't have my 'visitor', though, so who knows. keep your fingers crossed. Today is cycle day 30 for those of you that know all about TTC. TMI, right? :rotfl2: :goodvibes :cool1:

Michelle,

You may want to wait until first thing tomorrow morning to test. First of the morning will have the highest HCG levels. Also, all pregnancy tests don't detect at the same HCG level. I will continue to think good thoughts for you!

Great report. I am really enjoying it!

I am really enjoying your report! I especially like the summary at the end (and the pics too). I will be posting my TR as soon as I figure out how to post the pics. I am sure there is some direction as to how to do it.
I have found myself thinking about you both and your big news. I really respect and admire your perseverence! Best wishes and I cant wait to hear the news.

You write a great TR! I admire you for trying a new resort... DH and I are such creatures of habit. We always choose POR when we make our annual trip with my Mom...though we are so tempted sometimes to just give CBR or even POFQ a try.

Can't wait to hear more! And I agree about waiting to test with FMU. Wehad trouble conceiving in the beginning (2.5 years), but our oldest just turned 10 and we now have 4 children, including a set of twins. :) Funny how those things work sometimes!

Loving your trip report! I just want to let you know I'm still hoping and praying and wishing for you! pixiedust:

6IrishDisneyKids said:
You write a great TR! I admire you for trying a new resort... DH and I are such creatures of habit. We always choose POR when we make our annual trip with my Mom...though we are so tempted sometimes to just give CBR or even POFQ a try.

Can't wait to hear more! And I agree about waiting to test with FMU. Wehad trouble conceiving in the beginning (2.5 years), but our oldest just turned 10 and we now have 4 children, including a set of twins. :) Funny how those things work sometimes!
it was fun trying a new resort, but i do still love POR. I doubt I'll go back to CBR, just not my taste. I've done french quarter and did enjoy that too- i would suggest giving it a try.

well did another test last night (day 30)- it was negative as well. called the doc today, and he said to stop my progesterone i am on and my 'visitor' should come in a few days. the prog can delay it. So most likely no go this try. we'll have to go again next month. I hope it works. It gets very hard to keep doing this after a year or trying on our own. And now both our birthdays are coming up next week, so the whole 'getting older' thing is difficult since I don't want to be 80 when i have kids! :rotfl: :confused3 :rotfl2: So right now, it appears it didn't work this first try. We'll try again this month though too.

Great trip report so far!! :thumbsup2 We'll be down for free dining next month & can't wait!! :teeth:

Pixie Dust coming your way on TTC!!! :wizard:

You have been in my thoughts and I am sending you all my best wishes for next month. Thanks for the great trip reports :thumbsup2 :grouphug:

Don't worry Trick (nickname for my sister), it will happen next month, we all know it. You have your whole family pulling for you and when it does happen it will be the greatest thing on earth! It will be that much more special than any ordinary pregnancy, because we all know how hard you tried and how frustrating it was for you. So don't worry, one day we will all be celebrating, but for now it is just a waiting game to see which month/insemination it will happen. And stop worrying about your age, you aren't that old!
As a sister to you, about to give birth in 5 days, it is very emotional and hard for me to hear you go through this and struggle and there is nothing I can do for you but to listen and have you in my prayers. We love you Trick! :grouphug:
Here is pixie dust for next month pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I love the trip reports and love how you used a photo of Ally (my daughter) at Earl of Sandwich! You are such a good Aunt Shell!

those of you actually reading, i promise i'll post another day or two worth's tomorrow. sometimes life just gets in the way huh? lol :rotfl:

I have started round 2 to try another stab at artificial insemination. I finish up clomid today and go in this weekend for an ultrasound and will probably do the procedure early next week. here's hoping it works this time!

and congrats to bbearrosenfeld, my sis, who just delivered her second baby this morning. can't wait to take him to disney and get him on board with the family obsession!

more to come tomorrow! :wizard: :thumbsup2

Michelle,

I'll think good thoughts for you. Are you handling the clomid ok? I would even type mean if I was taking that stuff! I'd be a royal nut and would never get pregnant because I'd be so mean, no one would want to come near me!!!

Take care and try to relax! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

MomPlanner22 said:
Michelle,

I'll think good thoughts for you. Are you handling the clomid ok? I would even type mean if I was taking that stuff! I'd be a royal nut and would never get pregnant because I'd be so mean, no one would want to come near me!!!

Take care and try to relax! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
just finished up the clomid for this second round. I got the lovely hot flashes side effect last night in the middle of the night. mind you, i am always freezing. at work. at home. in the car. I have on a sweater all the time and I live in TX! Anyways, not fun. Side effects. others include headaches and some great bloating so i feel like i already am pregnant. what a pain. in the....you know what. but hopefully it will be worth it! :banana: :woohoo:

So on with my story. I promised more. Here it is. HOpefully deliver more tomorrow after a drive up to OK for my DH's grandma's funeral. like i said, life gets in the way, doesn't it?

DAY 3 PART 1

We were up and at em early again today, even though it is Sunday. I mean today is AK day and EE is calling my name. We make it to AK by 8:40am. I am worried we aren't early enough, but they aren't even letting folks in yet. So we wait with the masses, and I mean masses! We all get in and wait then at the bridge for the final rope drop. DH couldn't figure out what was going on and what the point of being there to hurry up and wait was.
47b6d605b3127cce8c67e288880300000016108RbtHLVi1Q

This is what the hurry up and wait was all about...... :banana: :woohoo:

We finally then follow the masses towards Asia to get on expedition everest- a first for both of us. It wasn't open yet on my last trip in December. DH goes and gets in line and i go grab fastpasses. I swear the FP line was longer than the regular standby line? What gives? I finally get through in time to meet DH in line just as he was entering the main queue inside the building. Wooh! We literally walk straight though, waiting maybe only 10 minutes. It was a great ride! We loved it. We planned on doing it again with our FP, but never did. DH got a headache from it (motion sickness apt). So we decided to head to Dinoland to tackle Dinosaur. I wanted to do Primeval whirl, which is one of my favorites at WDW. But i decided to pass since DH didn't want to ride and i figured i would take it easy. So instead, we did Dinosaur, i know, not so easy. The wait was minimal once again. We did have a family in front of us with 2 parents and a little boy about 10 and a little girl about 12. The little boy did NOT want to ride this. He was telling his mom the whole time in line that he was scared. She kept telling him to grow up and he was riding it. As he started nearin tears, she started making promises to buy him this or that if he would ride. We finally get close to getting on- they are a few families in front of us. The dad and daughter get on, but the little boy is holding onto the pole in the line for dear life. The mother can't even drag him on. He is screaming now and she is still trying to drag him on. I think to each family, their own, not me to judge, but it was quite a scene nonetheless. Finally that vehicle had to just go without them. Dad and daughter rode while mom tried to coax the screaming kid on the ride. She finally got him on a vehicle in front of us and he was still not happy. I felt so bad for him, since i know how scary this ride is for some kids. But I never saw what happened afterwards....oh well. Definitely good people watching!
47b6d605b3127cce8c67e2f9094200000016108RbtHLVi1Q

Who doesn't love dinosaurs??? oh yeah, that poor screaming kid!

We loved dinosaur and escaped unharmed, and the asteroid missed us! Next we decided to do the Majahara jungle trek in Asia. I wanted to take it easy this trip, exploring things we would normal go commando on or skip. We both enjoyed this leisurely stroll although we were sweating like pigs. Next we got a FP for Kali River Rapids to cool off. The FP was for like 30 minutes away, so we decided to grab a soft pretzel and water and just sit at a table near the pretzel cart. It was so relaxing and I normally wouldn't take the time to stop and sit like this when i am going commando with my family. So it was nice. We sat there and watched the ducks and birds. The pretzel CM was throwing them pretzels....so much for not feeding the animals. No wonder all the ducks attack when we are eating outside!

Finally our FP time came and we rode the rapids with a nice extended family and a couple. The grandpa was sure he wasn't going to get wet and was talking 'smack' to his grandson, it was so cute and so much fun. We all got a little wet, but the poor grandpa got it all! He was soaked to the bone. We saw so many folks wearing bathing suits at AK. Kids wearing bathing suits and nothing else, but we also saw many adults and women and teens wearing bikini tops or bathing suit halters with no cover up etc. No one said anything. I know there was lots of talk about appropriate clothing at WDW and how they don't or shouldn't allow bathing suits. I guess it is just not enforced. Again to each their own, if they are comfortable, so be it. Just thought I would throw that in to stir the controversy more.

After getting cooled off on Kali, we headed for Flame Tree Barbeque, it was just after 11am now. DH was starving. I had eaten here before and enjoyed it. I also knew to grab a seat on the patio that overlooks the water. We each had a good meal- we both ordered the pulled pork sandwich with corn and beans. I had a frozen lemonade for dessert and DH had key lime pie. We had a nice meal on the water.
47b6d605b3127cce8c67e357497400000016108RbtHLVi1Q
We asked a nice young lady feeding the fish her barbeque to take our pic!

47b6d605b3127cce8c67e36f494c00000016108RbtHLVi1Q

and here is our meal for all you 'foodies' out there. i tried to take some food pics for the DIs and my scrapbook (or 'crap' booking as DH calls it)

After lunch, we did it's tough to be a bug and Dh enjoyed it. I told him about some of the tricks and how the kids always freak out in this show. We saw at least 5 parents taking kids out after the spiders came! Again, very little wait for this show too- about 10 minutes maybe. So far this trip, the lines weren't bad if you knew what you were doing (i.e. FP and doing big ticket attractions early). After our adventure with the bugs, we headed to the safari. We grabbed a FP, since the standby was about 40 minutes. FP was for about in 45 minutes. WE decided to do the trek back in Africa and saw the gorillas. We also sat down and listened to some Cms doing a little presentation on giraffes. Again, something I would not normally take the time to do, but we enjoyed sitting on the bench and learning about giraffes for a few minutes. Then it came time for our FP. Soemthing that annoyed me this trip was the FP wait- I mean literally folks waiting right at the FP entrance until their time. Not just nearby, but right there, almost blocking it and they appeared like they were in line. So we would go stand behind them, thinking they were going in aand waiting in line for the CM to take their FP and check it. Nope, they were just blocking the way, waiting for 5-10 more minutes. I hated this. It happened on the safari and Soarin. We actually asked one family if they were in line for FP. They said yes. We got behind them and waited a few seconds and realized they weren't 'in line". They were just waiting. Idiots. So we went around them and went in. I guess they thought our FP time wasn't due yet either? Who knows. But get out of the way if you aren't going in right that moment! Don't clog the way! I might have to confiscate a nearby stroller and roll over some toes next time! Lol
47b6d606b3127cce8c176f26e1b300000015108RbtHLVi1Q

thanks to photopass, we actually have some pictures of us together! :Pinkbounc

So we make it on the safari after waiting a good 15 or 20 minutes, even with FP. Probably one of our longest waits of the trip. Safari was good, but our poor driver had to tell someone to sit down more than once. It was getting annoying, someone standing up totally in their seat and leaning out. We did see all 3 giraffes, one of which is pregnant.

After our trip through Africa, we decided there was nothing else we wanted to see at AK. I had already done the festival of the lion king twice and DH isn't a musical fan and hasn't seen the movie, so we passed. We didn't care about characters, so no Camp Mickey Minnie for us. The only thing we missed that we watned to do was the bird show. But we couldn't time it right and didn't want to sit in the heat waiting for it. So we bid AK farewell and headed for the tram to the car.

On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at Coronado Springs. DH had to move some investments around online, so we stopped and used their business center. Quick and easy. He was gone about 15 minutes, so I just went in the gift shop. I found a cute keychain that I got last trip and my mom loved it and wanted one. We never found another. I found it here for $3.99 on clearance! Score! I went to check out and a lady was in front of me with a bottle of wine. There was clearly a conference going on here, or two or three. This hotel is targeted more to business travelers with its on site convention center. Anyways, she was here on business she said. She didn't know how to open the wine though. The CM had an opener, but wasn't allowed to open wine for guests. Against the rules of the mouse. So she was instructing this lady on how to open the wine. I waited and waited as the lady totally ruined the cork and shredded it. Pieces of cork falling into the wine. The wine is a goner at this point. Finally the CM offers to get another bottle and disappears into the back for 10 minutes. Finally she comes up and has an open bottle. She had asked another guest to open it. Finally I get to pay for my measly keychain and we are outta there. We arrive back at the hotel by 2:30pm for our break. Not bad doing almost all of AK and stopping for a quick pitstop by 2:30.

oh and i forgot to mention those EE fastpasses we had, well we didn't let them go to waste. No we didn't use them ourselves. We decided not to ride again due to DH already doing a lot more thrill rides than normal. He didn't back down on one thing. So while getting our FP for Kali, i saw two teenage boys and offered the FP to them. At first they said no thanks, then realized what it was. The CM manning the kali FP machine saw it and said that was very sweet of me to do. I am sure everyone does it. Why waste good FP. Hopefully they enjoyed their ride!

Highlights
EE was incredible
enjoying the family with us on Kali
taking it slow, doing both of the jungle treks
good barbeque by the water

Lowlights
Waiting for Safari
crazy FP 'crowders' clogging up the FP entryway
attack of the ducks!
poor screaming child on dinosaur

Money spent:
2 snack credits on pretzel and water
2 CS credits on lunch
I think we spent a credit on breakfast too, but can't recall!

exwdwcm said:
Soemthing that annoyed me this trip was the FP wait- I mean literally folks waiting right at the FP entrance until their time. Not just nearby, but right there, almost blocking it and they appeared like they were in line. So we would go stand behind them, thinking they were going in aand waiting in line for the CM to take their FP and check it. Nope, they were just blocking the way, waiting for 5-10 more minutes. I hated this. It happened on the safari and Soarin. We actually asked one family if they were in line for FP. They said yes. We got behind them and waited a few seconds and realized they weren't 'in line". They were just waiting. Idiots. So we went around them and went in. I guess they thought our FP time wasn't due yet either? Who knows. But get out of the way if you aren't going in right that moment! Don't clog the way! I might have to confiscate a nearby stroller and roll over some toes next time! Lol!

We noticed this a lot this weekend too. People literally standing in front of the FP entrance waiting for that clock to change. The least they could do is step aside and let you through. While we were going to get to Splash Mountain this very rude woman was appalled that the CM let us in and not her. I said "its my time, not yours" heh heh.

DAY 3, PART 2
47b6d605b3127cce8c67e493881b00000016108RbtHLVi1Q

today's towel animal

Well after a nice break at the hotel, we decided to hit the MK around 6pm. It was extra magic hours tonight until 1am. I know, i know, probably crazy crowds, but we decided to risk it and we would leave or do less visited attractions if it was crowded....or just simply enjoy the atimosphere and shopping. So we arrive and head straight for the Jungle Cruise. Hadn't tackled it yet this trip. We had a skipper from Hong Kong and I had a very hard time understanding him. He was enthusiastic though. I noticed on this trip a large number of cast members from Hong Kong. I am guessing there is some sort of exchange/training program perhaps for the Hong Kong Disneyland or something. Anyways- our trip down through the Jungle was good. We hoped to go back and do it at night, but never got the chance. We waited about 20 minutes for the JC, probably one of the longest waits we did at the MK. Next we headed towards big thunder to get a FP. Then looped back around to Pirates. This was our second ride on it. Love the updates! What I didn't love was the annoying man that took it upon himself to stand up in his boat in front of us (we were in the first row of our boat) and proceed to take FLASH pictures of EVERY single scene. I don't just mean 5 or 6 pictures. I am talking like 20 pictures. It was so annoying and ruined the ride for me. It was blinding us all. I am usually pretty quiet, shy and put up with a lot, but this guy peeved me off! I started to say something, but he couldn't hear me, or if he did, he ignored me. I almost went up to him to say thanks for ruining the ride when we got off and I saw him in the gift shop, but decided not to.

After our photoshoot on Pirates, we used our FP for Big thunder. Again, more rude folks. It was sprinkling a bit today and the line for big thunder was at least 30 minutes. Of course with our FP, we walked right in. well we tried to. The folks in the standby line looked pissed, either they knew about FP and were mad that they didn't have one, or they didn't know about FP and were wondering why we were all 'cutting' in line. So we got lots of dirty looks. The standby line seemed to be hardly moving. So all the standby folks were sitting on the railings and leaning back over into the FP line, blocking our way. Mind you i have a full heavy backpack too. I said excuse me and no one moved. So as we walked through, we kept rubbing against and running into people. Some were just being well i can't say here.....about it. Purposely leaning over into our line to block us. Some teenagers were really taking it far and my DH basically 'checked' him like in a hockey game to get by. I don't think he liked that too much, but hey, we said excuse me and asked them to move many times, they were just being idiots and rude at that. So i didn't try and squeeze by, i walked as normal and if they were in my way, they got pushed. I don't want to be a jerk either, but these rude folks brought out the worst in me. After the rude pirate picture taking prank, i had had it!

So we finally enjoy our ride on big thunder. We then head to Liberty Tree Tavern for our 7:15pm dinner reservation for 2. I love the food here. I am a meat and potatoes type of girl and love thanksgiving. So this place is for me. We were here for the food, the characters not so much. DH doesn't like having his pic taking too much, much less with characters. After 5 minutes, we heard the "Peters family from Texas" being called. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner of salad, bread, turkey, pork/ham, beef, mashed potatos, mac and cheese, green beans and stuffing. It was great. We were both so stuffed though. We didn't see all the characters, but that wasn't a big deal. WE did see Minnie, Chip and Dale and Goofy. The lady at the next table with her large family saw the two of us sitting there and DH taking my pic with Minnie, she told him to get up and she would take our pic together with Minnie. DH didn't like that much, but she insisted, which was so funny and great. So we got our one and only picture of us with a character. Dh was sure I would post it all over the internet to embarrass him. So here it is!
47b6d605b3127cce8c67e553c84300000016108RbtHLVi1Q
disregard DH's sweat marks on his shirt, that is just how hot it was!

We finished up our great meal with some apple cobbler and ice cream. It was delicious. I somehow managed to find room to fit it in. Don't ask me how. We rolled out of there miserable and down two more table credits. After dinner, it was nearing time for Spectromagic- which was at 9pm. So we wound our way through the streets to find a good spot. We finally found a decent spot in front of the christmas store in the liberty square area. There were some kids in front of us, but we could see over them. As the parade drew nearer, i realized the mom of the kids was behind us, sitting on the windowsill of the shop to rest. When it started, i offered to let her up with her girls. She was shorter than us, so we could still see. Little did I know that her hubby would also join her and push us over and out of the way. We still had a decent spot, sort of behind a trash can.....well that was until the third rude person of the day happened. This lady was standing sort of beside us. Her family was up on the patio area by the shop, so they could see well. She however, decided to hoist herself up on the trash can. Completely blocking my view. I wanted to smack her and thought about it! Then i decided to tap her nicely and tell her she was blocking our view. She looked at me and kind of moved her torso to the side, for about a minute, then went right back to her original position, completely blocking my view where I couldn't get the pics I wanted as the floats approached. I kept tapping her, she would lean over for a second, then block me again. I wanted her off the trash can.....i mean who sits on a dirty trash can anyways? Man i was peeved....again. This day at the MK wasn't turning out too well in terms of rude guests. I mean really people, have a little respect and courtesy. It's not that difficult. We had tons of other 'incidents' we let slide, wayward strollers running over us, kids screaming in our ears, but we take that all in stride. I can't imagine how difficult it is managing tired hot kids at the world, so we never think twice about some of those folks that get a little rude etc. But this was the last straw. Ruined my night. I am pretty easy going and laid back and happy, but this put me in a bad mood. I managed to get a few pics nonetheless.
47b6d605b3127cce8c67e526490600000016108RbtHLVi1Q

47b6d605b3127cce8c67e531c82100000016108RbtHLVi1Q

After Spectromagic, we headed to find a spot for WISHES. I knew Main street a little bit back was ideal. But forget that. I tried to take a photo of the crowds on main street, but the pic didn't do it justice. It was wall to wall people. I had seen WISHEs many times from the TL bridge and wanted to get a more heads on view this time. So much for that. We couldn't believe how crazy crowded it was, but I knew it would be with EMH. So we found a spot leaning on a railing to the left of the castle, sort of in front of casey's, crystal palace area. We were off to the side a bit and had a little bit of tree blocking, but it worked. We really enjoyed WISHES and saw Tink fly. DH was impressed, so that was good. After the show, we just sat on the railing and waited out the crowds. Probably a good 15-20 minutes we waited to let the masses leave or move on.

Finally, we went to get a bottle of water and stood in line for what seemed like forever! With water in hand, we hit up the HM for the second time. I love this ride. There was like a 20 minute wait, but we waited. We refused to wait in anything over 20 though. It was pretty packed in there though. I had never seen it like this. They had our room filled to the gills. Then when we entered the room to board our 'doom buggy', it was insane....folks pushing others out of the way to get in the line. It is a weird queue, how you just have to all funnel in. So that was not fun. The next group was already coming in too, so it was like no room to move at all. Once we got on, the ride stopped, for like 15 minutes. We were by the piano scene early on. Some teens in front of us thought it would be fun to pass the time waiting by screaming and making scary noises. It was pretty annoying after 10 minutes. Others were telling them to be quiet and shut it. We finally got into the queue and debated on becoming the 1000th and 1001st happy haunts! We decided we liked living, so we passed, besides we have lots of free dining to do still! Who can pass that up?

After HM, We strolled through Fantasyland towards tomorrowland. We figured we would check out Buzz and the wait on space. On the way, DH couldn't resist the call of ice cream, one of his favorite desserts. So he stopped at Mrs. Potts ice cream in fantasyland and got a sundae! I wasn't that hungry for ice cream, so I just waited for him near dumbo. The line took forever but once again, it was nice to just relax, sit down and people watch, take in the atmosphere. It was nearing midnight by now.

DH enjoyed his ice cream and then we headed over to TL. We first rode the TTA which DH actually liked. Then we did Buzz again. By now I was a little hungry, so i got a spicy cheese stuffed pretzel and frozen coke in TL by the astro-orbiter. Very good, but very greasy! We finally left the MK, stuffed, tired and ready to be rid of rude people. We left at 12:30am and were in bed by 1am or so. Sweet dreams of non rude people for tomorrow!

47b6d605b3127cce8c67e5e7c8f700000016108RbtHLVi1Q

HIGHLIGHTS
WISHES and Spectro
Great food at LTT
enjoying EMH by just strolling, taking in atmosphere and ice cream!

LOWLIGHTS
Rude, rude, rude people
Annoying photo guy on pirates
rude guests leaning over rail on big thunder
crowds at EMH

Money spent:
2 table service credits for LTT
one snack credit for ice cream

ANother great update...although I was cringing as I read about all your encounters with rude people! Kudos to you for keeping your cool! With rude people, swarms of people, and heat, I don't think many people could have negotiated that much better. Can't wait for the next installment! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter