New COVID Testing Protocols - Kids under 12

Freeman867

Mouseketeer
Has anyone contacted Disney to get a clear answer on how they'll handle the 5 day prior COVID testing, RAPID COVID testing the day of, travel insurance, and other requirements for kids under the age of 12 who can't be vaccinated yet? My wife and I are both fully vaccinated, but have 4 kids under the age of the 12 that just would like to know what to expect. I'm assuming they'll be subject to the requirements as an unvaccinated adult will be, but couldn't find a clear answer on the Disney website and the Live Chat feature was full.

Thanks all!

Has anyone contacted Disney to get a clear answer on how they'll handle the 5 day prior COVID testing, RAPID COVID testing the day of, travel insurance, and other requirements for kids under the age of 12 who can't be vaccinated yet? My wife and I are both fully vaccinated, but have 4 kids under the age of the 12 that just would like to know what to expect. I'm assuming they'll be subject to the requirements as an unvaccinated adult will be, but couldn't find a clear answer on the Disney website and the Live Chat feature was full.

Thanks all!

I haven’t called but I think I have a handle on it…someone correct me if I’m wrong/missing something:

5 day to 24 hrs before window for COVID test applies to unvaccinated children under 12, at your expense

Embarkation day COVID test applies to unvaccinated children under 12, but the test is at DISNEY’s expense. Unvaccinated by choice have to pay.

Travel Insurance does not apply to children under 12. Again, only unvaccinated by choice have this obligation.

I’m *pretty* sure all of that’s correct!!

I haven’t called but I think I have a handle on it…someone correct me if I’m wrong/missing something:

5 day to 24 hrs before window for COVID test applies to unvaccinated children under 12, at your expense

Embarkation day COVID test applies to unvaccinated children under 12, but the test is at DISNEY’s expense. Unvaccinated by choice have to pay.

Travel Insurance does not apply to children under 12. Again, only unvaccinated by choice have this obligation.

This is how I interpreted the rules.

This is how I interpret it all as well. I'm not sure I want to risk the week of or even worse, day of, random positive COVID test of an asymptomatic kid derailing our vacation. Probably makes more sense to postpone to a time where that isn't even a possibility. I 100% get and respect where Disney is coming from in these rules and definitely am not mad or disappointed, it just is what it is.

This is how I interpret it all as well. I'm not sure I want to risk the week of or even worse, day of, random positive COVID test of an asymptomatic kid derailing our vacation. Probably makes more sense to postpone to a time where that isn't even a possibility. I 100% get and respect where Disney is coming from in these rules and definitely am not mad or disappointed, it just is what it is.

I get it! This is my concern as well. Our DD will actually turn 12 the last day of our Dec cruise. I’m hoping that she’ll be able to be vaccinated before then to avoid it all!!

My TA just looked into a lot of questions her clients were asking. Here’s what DCL told her.C19F4925-4D92-45DA-BA22-6862D3CD64D9.jpeg

Last edited:
DCL’s site states kids under 12 do not need travel insurance, so that was a relief!!

on a side note, many policies often will give the kids insurance free if parents buy for themselves. I often have to buy insurance for my daughter & family and she always gets a better deal than we do. We’re old, so right away ours is higher. We are all vaxed, but I still will buy travel insurance because stuff happens, plus my upcoming trip is hurricane season.

This is interesting, from what I've been hearing I thought they were only considering US vaccinated citizens as vaccinated and that if you were coming from outside of the US you would have to do the pre-boarding test, and the insurance etc. I hope that this is the case, we are both fully vaccinated Canadians (we both had two different shots as well) and really wanted to avoid the additional testing.

This is interesting, from what I've been hearing I thought they were only considering US vaccinated citizens as vaccinated and that if you were coming from outside of the US you would have to do the pre-boarding test, and the insurance etc. I hope that this is the case, we are both fully vaccinated Canadians (we both had two different shots as well) and really wanted to avoid the additional testing.

I thought that was different too. But please verify the info.

I've sent a message to my TA as well to see what she says. I would really like to see if in writing from DCL to confirm.

I've sent a message to my TA as well to see what she says. I would really like to see if in writing from DCL to confirm.

that’s funny, because the message I posted was from my DU TA. She sent in several questions her clients had, and these are the answers dcl sent her. But I’m also a believer that every CM gives a different answer, so please let us know. This was the first time I saw this info so was hesitant to even post it.

From what I see on DCL's webpage, they state: "Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination in order to be exempt from pre-arrival and Embarkation Day COVID-19 testing (unless arriving from outside the United States)." Per the CDC, they do not recognize vaccines from two different manufacturers. Hopefully, your TA will be able to give you further guidance from DCL, but it seems like passengers arriving from Canada would need to do testing beforehand.

I just did a chat with DCL and they said anyone arriving from Canada would have to do all of the testing basically just as if we weren't vaccinated at all. Regardless of whether we receive mixed vaccines or not. I'm going to hold off booking for a while to see if this evolves over time.

I just did a chat with DCL and they said anyone arriving from Canada would have to do all of the testing basically just as if we weren't vaccinated at all. Regardless of whether we receive mixed vaccines or not. I'm going to hold off booking for a while to see if this evolves over time.

its crazy that you get different answers from each CM. Hope it gets resolved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter