New Country at World Showcase

kanerf

DIS Veteran
Walking around World Showcase today I pondered adding a new country. There are some forested areas between some of the existing countries that might be enough room. The country should be Ukraine.

There are a few pads for new countries the most recent rumor (pre pandemic) was Brazil in the pad between Italy & Germany where the train currently sits

There is also a pad between Canada/UK (where world showplace is) France/Morocco and room for 2-3 proper pavilions where “Equatorial Africa Outpost” is for optional new countries

There are a few pads for new countries the most recent rumor (pre pandemic) was Brazil in the pad between Italy & Germany where the train currently sits

There is also a pad between Canada/UK (where world showplace is) France/Morocco and room for 2-3 proper pavilions where “Equatorial Africa Outpost” is for optional new countries
I know they made Brazil a permanent food booth so I’m wondering if they are close to making it a country! I’ve always wanted them and Australia/New Zealand

There was room for 8-9 more countries, but some of that has been chipped away by the Frozen Meet and greet (which over the expansion pad between

Mexico and Norway) and Ratatouille (which took over half of the pad between France and Morocco). The Pad between the UK and International Gateway was supposed to be used for a UK expansion and Mary Poppins ride which on hold or cancelled.That still leaves 5 spots, though some are currently used for other uses.

If Disney doesn't build a Columbia showcase around a "La Casa Familia" attraction they are missing a HUGE opportunity.

You can say the same about a least a half dozen countries, Encanto will cool off for another flavor of the month before they would even have a design.

There are so many great options for new countries.
I'd just like to see them add at least 1 to start.
Brazil, Spain, New Zealand, Australia would be fun.
Or bring back some of the original plans for the countries that are there.
Germany was to have a Rhine river adventure boat ride.
Japan was to have a Mt Fuji rollercoaster.

Disney has already cancelled plans for new attractions (Mary Poppins in UK). They’re not gonna spend money on new countries any time soon.

There was room for 8-9 more countries, but some of that has been chipped away by the Frozen Meet and greet (which over the expansion pad between

Mexico and Norway) and Ratatouille (which took over half of the pad between France and Morocco). The Pad between the UK and International Gateway was supposed to be used for a UK expansion and Mary Poppins ride which on hold or cancelled.That still leaves 5 spots, though some are currently used for other uses.

You can say the same about a least a half dozen countries, Encanto will cool off for another flavor of the month before they would even have a design.
Sad but true. How long will Encanto stay hot? In the time it takes to budget and design, let alone start to build, many popular themes are no longer as popular.
When Coco came out, everyone thought Disney would definitely change the boat ride in Mexico to Coco themed. So far nothing.

There are so many countries to pick from! India, anything from South America, anything from Africa, Cuba, Egypt, Greece, Romania, Australia... Just no more western European places. They are cool, but it's already the predominant theme!

Sad but true. How long will Encanto stay hot? In the time it takes to budget and design, let alone start to build, many popular themes are no longer as popular.
When Coco came out, everyone thought Disney would definitely change the boat ride in Mexico to Coco themed. So far nothing.
Yeah, but that's still a GREAT idea.

I think it will definitely be Brazil to finally give South America representation.

And it will have a store themed for The 15s where Guests can choose from a wide selection of matching Shirts and Backpacks!lol

:scratchin:....I've always wondered why Greece hasn't been in the mix.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That could be fun. So many food options.
Our local greek restaurant makes these lemon potatoes and they somehow are PERFECT in the hotter weather and I can totally see Disney doing a food item like this.

Plus PITA BREAD AND SLOUVAKI AND HUMMUS (I know we can get hummus in Morocco-my family is full of picky eaters so we can never eat in Morocco! Hopefully on a friends only trip I can!)

1. Rumors (or hopes) of a new pavilion have been around.
2. Have been around for decades.
3. With PAST exception of Morocco, all are company owned.
4. Only Morocco was EVER owned by a country.
. . . companies and/or travel bureaus sponsor pavilions
. . . Morocco country backing ended
. . . now, Moroccan companies sponsor the pavilion
. . . but, no published info for how long
. . . people were just not visiting the country
. . . so, ad costs at WDW are not justifiable
. . . too many other countries are desired for vacations
5. Companies have been bailing from WDW for years.
. . . companies can't sell WDW sponsorship to shareholders
. . . it is no longer profitable to advertise at WDW
. . . a pavilion can cost $25-$35 million
. . . upkeep/staffing is an annual cost of $10-$15 mil
. . . companies do not get the return on investment
6. At one time, sponsorship brought-in customers.
7. No longer works that way in most cases.
8. If a company feels it is worth the investment,
. . . THEN a new pavilion might be added
. . . Disney gets off easy by transferring costs

9. The only new pavilion that makes sense is Brazil.
. . . the country does have lots of travel to WDW
. . . Disney owns several travel agencies in Brazil
. . . so, a pavilion is does not make sense
. . . plus, CM's now try to halt/slow Brazilian antics
. . . they no longer have a run-of-the-park
. . . they used to cause major havoc at the parks
. . . many complaints forced WDW to take action

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter