New Costco membership - any deals available?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by travelbug, Sep 14, 2018.

1. travelbug

travelbug DIS Veteran

It seems like Sam's Club (where I already have membership) usually has some kind of membership promotion or discount available. I'm interested in possibly getting a Costco membership. I've been poking around to see if I can find any kind of discount or deal on the membership, but haven't seen anything yet. Does anyone know of anything? I've looked on Groupon and Living Social (offers expired), Costco's webpage, and a couple other odds and ends sites that post deals.

TIA! :)

2. barkley

barkley DIS Veteran<br><font color=orange>If I ever have a

i've never known them to offer a discount but sometimes they do promotions where they give you a freebie item (some canned good, maybe protean powder or a flat of muffins).

travelbug likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tasha99

tasha99 DIS Veteran

There are Groupon deals periodically where you get good coupons and a cash card back. I don't see one going on now, though.

travelbug likes this.
  5. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I would definitely wait until they do Groupon or Living Social again. We joined with that offer last year. You paid the regular $60 fee but you got a $20 gift card, a free pizza at their snack stand, a 12-pack of paper towels, and a case of 24 bottles of their brand of vitamin water. It brought the actual cost of membership down to about $5. I think you also got a discount on an online order but we never used that. If we had, the membership would have ended up being entirely free.

travelbug likes this.
  6. Juliet25

Juliet25 DIS Veteran

There was just one on LS a few weeks ago. I wanted to renew but I think I have to wait 6 months to take advantage of any new member promos. I think they're out there every 6 months or so.

travelbug likes this.
  7. CCostner

CCostner Earning My Ears

I used a groupon one a few months ago. Cost $60 and received a $20 Costco cash card, free 72 pack of batteries, free case sanitizing wipes, $10 fresh meat purchase, and a coupon for $25 off online purchase over $250.

halfpintpeggy and travelbug like this.
  8. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I was wondering how long you have to wait. Our membership ended 8/31. We aren’t renewing but I’d consider it if we could get the same deal again.

travelbug likes this.
  9. travelbug

travelbug DIS Veteran

Thanks, everyone! It would be great to get an awesome deal on a membership like some of you described!

10. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

I was up for renewal my hubby has the second card. He got an offer thru the mail to join. It offered a free hot pizza, free 6 pack of the Chicken in a can, free large pkg of AA batteries and one other thing that eludes me. Was it a $20. Card??
    I took the letter to the counter and was told that the coupons were all valid as the mailing went out erroneously and they were honoring them all. I renewed under my name and we used all the offerings on our multiple return visits.
    This was in August.

halfpintpeggy and disneysteve like this.