New & confused: Online Hotel Booking

ilovepcot

<font color=purple>Caused the first ever Tag Fairy
These boards are very informative and very exciting! I'm very new to them, however, and it's very overwhelming.

I read that some folks here booked reservations for some of the resort hotels using online sites such as expedia.com. When I took a look at that site as well as others, I read that the RATES and AVAILABILITY couldn't be guaranteed. How does one know before arrival at the hotel the status of room rate and availability? Sorry, have never dealt with this before and know this appears very ignorant to many of you here. I'm a Floridian (only 30 minutes away from resorts) and until this past week have never stayed over night at any of them. I was so blown away by everything I experienced that I plan to visit and stay over night as often as possible! I need to know how to find great hotel rates to do that. Help greatly appreciated!!!

I think the best rates are probably found on www.loewshotels.com. Try the rates for AAA, APH(annual pass that you probably have if you live there), and FAN. The rates change often so keep checking back.

I haven't heard from anyone who booked with another site that's been denied their reservation. I think everyone has been pleased.

I've made on-line reservations at these travel cites a number of times. The comments about "rates & availability not being guaranteed generally means that the information presented in response to your search isn't guaranteed until you purchase the product. Once you've made your reservation, the cost is locked in. I've never had problems w/ these reservations & have gotten some terrific deals. BEWARE, however, that once you make a reservation at any of the discount cites you generally PAY UPFRONT and CANNOT change the dates or get a REFUND. So ... if your plans are in any way subject to change, stick with the hotel's own cite or AAA. They generally only require a deposit or credit card guarantee (as opposed to advance payment) and will allow changes or cancellation until close to your arrival date.

Ah.....now I have a much better understanding of how things work. Many thanks to both you nice folks who helped me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter