New Clocks

Did anyone hear the alarm? when it played "when you wished a upon a star " was it the cruise horn or the song? :rolleyes1

I purchased one of the old clocks off of ebay for $10 including shipping. Just search for Howard Miller propeller clock and keep watching. One will eventually be sold for very little.

m4travel said:
I just knew we should have purchased the old clock on our January cruise! It was sitting there on the shelf beckoning to me - and the Captain was still in the shop autographing purchases....

If anyone hears of where one can purchase the old-style clock, will you please post the information here?

Mousesurplus has them on ebay, item number 150013317159. Ends in 15 hrs.

CinderellaIam said:
Mousesurplus has them on ebay, item number 150013317159. Ends in 15 hrs.

I'd be careful with the Mousesurplus auction though. It clearly states that they are clocks that have been used on the ship. I know the one in our stateroom was pretty banged up with some good size chips.
Granted you would be getting one directly from the ship, so if authenticity is important and you've got to have one that's been on a Disney ship, go for it. :thumbsup2
But if you do a Froogle search for 'Howard Miller propeller clock' you should get a lot of hits and you can find a brand new one for less. (the old style)

the gift shop sold the old ones for clearance at i believe $22. the new ones have a sign in the room next to the clock that states you may take this clock home and you will be charged $47 for it, or you can buy a new one in the gift shop for the same price.

i was tempted buy held off on buying it myself. I ended up with a dcl watch instead that was on clearance for 38 from 75.

Disneyfun1 said:
the gift shop sold the old ones for clearance at i believe $22. the new ones have a sign in the room next to the clock that states you may take this clock home and you will be charged $47 for it, or you can buy a new one in the gift shop for the same price.

i was tempted buy held off on buying it myself. I ended up with a dcl watch instead that was on clearance for 38 from 75.

So it was in the shop when you went in July I assume? Hope it still is in September because I want the old one not the new one.

You may be able to call DCL and have them ship one to you. If they can't, you could always ask a fellow DISer who will be cruising soon to do the same. DH found a DISer that was so nice as to pick up a t-shirt for my birthday from Castaway Cay.

Just a warning, I own one of the old ones and it didn't even last 6 months. It was never played with or touched. Just stopped working. I still love it though. My MIL had the captain sign it for me and it is a pretty accessory in my living room. Just wish the darn thing worked!!

The new clocks look very nice. Up close, they do appear to have that greenish-glowy stuff, so you'd think you'd be able to see it, but you really can't. It's also a little tippy -- it has a metal wire-type thing that props it up, but our clock got knocked over several times a day when anyone put stuff down near it, brushed it in passing, etc.

BUT -- the alarm plays "when you wish upon a star" and that is a charming way to wake up. Beats the heck out of a Mickey wake-up call, in my book!

For a decortive object, it would be a fine purchase (and to show off that alarm to visiotrs!), but for me, it wouldn't be practical to have as my bedside alarm. YMMV, of course -- most of you probably don't have as much junk piled on your bedside table as I do.

Chris

KSDisneyDad said:
I purchased one of the old clocks off of ebay for $10 including shipping. Just search for Howard Miller propeller clock and keep watching. One will eventually be sold for very little.

Thanks DisneyDad! :banana: They have 3 right now on there, one is brand new in the box for $9.99. How cool that they're on Ebay! It saves me from pestering a poor stranger to buy me one on their next cruise. :lmao: Phew!

The old clocks were available at the Bass Pro Shop.

At 50% of the price Disney were selling them on the boats.

Are the new clock as loud as the old clocks?? Although I love the look of clock, from the second we came in the stateroom, that clock saw nothing but the inside of my underwear drawer. IT IS SOOOO LOUD! tic, tic, tic, tic.....It was useless for us in the stateroom, and that kind of turned me off from ever wanting to buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter