New clause added to WDW tickets in app

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
I just checked my now expired disney tickets in the app and this has been added below.

I can't see it in the desktop version, just the app.

I just checked My Tickets on the app, my non exp Canadian tickets seem to have disappeared 🤔. Guess I have to phone ugh.

That language has been there a little while on my tickets, but I couldn't say exactly how long. I have an email out to them asking what to do about the tickets I have with a September expiry. So far no word and its been at least 7 business days.
Part of me has a hard time believing Disney is going to make us all lose the Canadian resident discount we had and upgrade for way more money. It not like we could go and just chose not to. Part of me has no problem believing they will stick us with the new prices and make us lose the discount. I'm hoping to go in December or the first few months of 2022 if restrictions are lifted. My tickets expire in the end of September and it would cost me so much to bring them up to date :worried:

I had fastpasses in place when things happened last March. My tickets have always shown up like this on the website

I don't have the app on my phone at the moment so I don't know what's showing up there. They were originally supposed to expire Dec 31, 2020.

Must be used on or before Dec 31, 2020? Is that a typo?

Are you referring to my post? They used to say that they expired Dec 31, 2020 then about a month after things blew up last year they said what I posted above. I don't know why things changed. Quite frankly it's in my favour so I'm not questioning it.

Ok I was curious so I loaded the app onto my phone. When I look at the tickets under "My plans" it shows my tickets as being valid through Dec 31, 2030.

Exactly what I'm hoping for. I'll make a 5 day ticket work no matter how long I'm there for. No upgrade for me.

My flexible date tickets from AM that were to expire Dec 2020 states underneath "7 Days Remaining. Valid through 12/21/2030"
My Canadian Non Expiring from 2017 state valid 03/09/2017-12/31/2030

I was able to reserve a park day from my app for 2022.

Hopefully just a glitch in yours. Or the change is still to come for the rest of us. Ugh.

Mine say expiry Sept 26, 2021. I think the non-dated airmiles tickets have the 2030 expiry date. I had “dated tickets” for August 2020.

Would like to know how they respond to you Pigletto.

I just called yesterday to get our ticket situation sorted out for a potential May 2022 trip. (One child will be 3 by then, the other will be an adult ticket now, etc.) The CM said those non-dated Air Miles tickets are good for bookings long into the future, I could assign Park Passes to them, change the dates if I need to, etc! No extra charge to use next year. We just need to go to the window to exchange the vouchers for the actual tix!

Mine say expiry Sept 26, 2021. I think the non-dated airmiles tickets have the 2030 expiry date. I had “dated tickets” for August 2020.

Would like to know how they respond to you Pigletto.
I will make sure to update this thread when I have some answers. I plan to call today or tomorrow.

I have a single day ticket I purchased for my niece for last March. I know the value I paid never goes away, but has anybody been able to get a refund?

I have a single day ticket I purchased for my niece for last March. I know the value I paid never goes away, but has anybody been able to get a refund?

I have gotten refunds for all of my clients disney tickets that they cannot use this year.

I just called yesterday to get our ticket situation sorted out for a potential May 2022 trip. (One child will be 3 by then, the other will be an adult ticket now, etc.) The CM said those non-dated Air Miles tickets are good for bookings long into the future, I could assign Park Passes to them, change the dates if I need to, etc! No extra charge to use next year. We just need to go to the window to exchange the vouchers for the actual tix!

Awesome news! Thanks for sharing.

Ok so the update on the tickets with the September 2021 expiry . It does not appear they will be extending the dates again . We are hoping to travel in December or early 2022 if December doesn’t pan out .
In my case I had Canadian resident dated tickets that had been given an extension to Sept 2021 during the pandemic. I lost the discount to upgrade but it wasn’t too painful as I had a ticket for my daughter who won’t be coming, so I was able to get a refund on her ticket and apply the credit to the upgrade of the other three adult tickets. I added a day and moved the dates to December and it cost me $26 out of pocket.

I used the 1-888 number from another thread and it worked like a charm . There was a two hour wait but I selected to receive a call back and they called back right when they said they would .

Ok so the update on the tickets with the September 2021 expiry . It does not appear they will be extending the dates again . We are hoping to travel in December or early 2022 if December doesn’t pan out .
In my case I had Canadian resident dated tickets that had been given an extension to Sept 2021 during the pandemic. I lost the discount to upgrade but it wasn’t too painful as I had a ticket for my daughter who won’t be coming, so I was able to get a refund on her ticket and apply the credit to the upgrade of the other three adult tickets. I added a day and moved the dates to December and it cost me $26 out of pocket.

I used the 1-888 number from another thread and it worked like a charm . There was a two hour wait but I selected to receive a call back and they called back right when they said they would .
Glad there’s a call back option and things worked out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter