New check-in procedure at the port...

MacII

Mouseketeer
Hello, we cruised with Disney about a year ago and at that time when our plane arrived at MCO we headed downstairs to complete check-in and then board the bus. When the bus arrived at the port we went through security but were able to immediately board after registering our daughter for the kids programs. I've been told that the procedure is all different now, that the check-in takes place at the port now and not at the Airport. Can anyone shed any light? Also, even though I completed my online-reg immediately at the 90 day mark, I was given a "port arrival time" of 2-2:30pm. Does that mean I can't even show up till 2pm?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Yes, that is the case and your PAT will determine your boarding number as well. When you are using DCL transfers you are allowed to enter the terminal whenever the bus gets you there, however. If you are arriving at MCO, your PAT is also linked to your arrival time. It takes into consideration the time it could take for you to get to the transfer area, actually get on a DCL bus, and of course transit to the terminal. After 1:00 there is usually open boarding, so the boarding number isn't really a factor.

... If you are arriving at MCO, your PAT is also linked to your arrival time. It takes into consideration the time it could take for you to get to the transfer area, actually get on a DCL bus, and of course transit to the terminal. ...

Wow, I didn't know the online check-in system was that smart to connect the flight arrival time with possible PATs. Learn something new everyday! Thanks.

Wow, I didn't know the online check-in system was that smart to connect the flight arrival time with possible PATs. Learn something new everyday! Thanks.

I only found this out when chatting on our FB cruise meet thread. Someone couldn't get a time before 1-1:30 when checking in at 90 days, yet others were reporting that they had gotten 11-11:30. She was flying into MCO. She changed her transport information to driving to the port and she was able to select the 11-11:30 PAT as well. She then changed the flight information to an earlier flight and got an earlier time as well. She ultimately entered her correct flight info and just went with the PAT she was assigned because she was using DCL transfers.

I only found this out when chatting on our FB cruise meet thread. Someone couldn't get a time before 1-1:30 when checking in at 90 days, yet others were reporting that they had gotten 11-11:30. She was flying into MCO. She changed her transport information to driving to the port and she was able to select the 11-11:30 PAT as well. She then changed the flight information to an earlier flight and got an earlier time as well. She ultimately entered her correct flight info and just went with the PAT she was assigned because she was using DCL transfers.

Interesting. I wonder what they're doing with those of us who are going to MCO from area hotels and didn't have arriving flight information to give them as we're not arriving the day of cruise.

Interesting. I wonder what they're doing with those of us who are going to MCO from area hotels and didn't have arriving flight information to give them as we're not arriving the day of cruise.

Then it's just whatever is available first-come, first-served. Just like people that fly into MCO and stay overnight.

Then it's just whatever is available first-come, first-served. Just like people that fly into MCO and stay overnight.

That would make sense since you arrived at a date before the cruise date.

Ok, thanks. Since the system is apparently auto-assigining based on MCO arrival time, I wasn't sure. It makes sense that we'd have some freedom so we could choose to a degree how early we want to be up and ready to go. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter