New Cdn/NS to DIS

sweetlassie

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
We have been OKW/DVC members since Apr 1996. We first purchased 150 pts and quckly added another 60 pts within a year. We are actually thinking of selling the first contract right now because of the jump in dues and the exchange on the dollar. We are paying more for DVC dues than for the taxes on our home, yet we don't want to sell altogether. I just stumbled onto this forum last evening and I am thinking that the renting of the points may be an alternative for sure in keeping it.
I look forward to this forum and any/all ideas!

Charmaine :earsgirl:

Hi Charmaine, and Welcome to the DIS, and especially the Canadian Visitors Board! :)

I'm sorry to hear that the DVC costs are getting a little too pricey for you. Renting out your points could help you quite a bit! :)

Be sure to check out our Disney Vacation Club Forum , and our DVC Rent/Trade Forum , for lots of helpful advice!

Kim :)

I've been trying to talk dh INTO DVC, I thought of renting some points first to convince him, as Snowwark said checkout the DVC boards, but if you do decide to rent out points being Canadian please let me know. I think i'd rather pay Cdn dollars so I know it's a fixed rate.

Hi there and welcome! We used to own 160 points at BWV but sold them due to the rising costs of exchange and dues. It was easy to find a buyer, not too bad to close the sale, but difficult to get back the 10% of the purchase price that was held back and sent to the US government to cover any taxes owing. In retrospect, I think that I would probably consider renting out my points to cover fees more seriously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter