New AP for 25th Aniversary: Discovery, MagicFlex, MagicPlus, Infinity

cwis

DIS Veteran
Selected web sites have been given details a few days ago for the new AP coming for the 25th aniversary.

The following APs are expected:
— Discovery, 150 days, 139€
— MagicFlex, 300 days, 189€
— MagicPlus, 350 days, 249€
— Infinity, 399€

It is not clear yet which new advantages would be given to holders of these new passports.

I will update this thread as new details are unveiled. More info should be coming in the next few hours.

I must say we were expecting price rise but 150E difference between top 2 passes its a lot... I wonder what free pass I will get when I got to renew my Dream as had sponsor 3 people over Xmas...
hopefully MagicPlus one will still got some good discounts as cannot see them selling too many of Infinity one ...

Here are the key differences between the current APs and the new ones:

• Infinity offers 15% discount on restaurants (versus 10%). This makes the AP worth it, compared to Dreams, if you spend 4000€ per year.
  • Infinity offers 20% discounts in shopping, but is the only one to do so. MagicFlex/Plus offers 10% only.
  • Infinity offers 50% discount for hotels, more than Dreams. MagicFlex/Plus gives 40%.
  • No discounts for hard ticket events, such as the Halloween Party.
  • The kennel seems no longer to be included in any pass.

It also appears the rule regarding AP upgrade remains the same: if you have an AP that remains valid for one day or more, you may upgrade to a new AP by paying the difference between the new AP and the facial value of your current pass, regardless of how many days remains. This does *not* extend the validity of your pass, however, you will be granted a voucher worth 25€.

New AP holders wishing to subscribe to the Infinity AP will receive two months of validity complimentary. Other passes will receive one free month.

Renewals will grant you 12+4 months for the price of 12 (that is two months less of the current offering), and sponsorships gives you a 6-month pass, as opposed to the 12-month AP today.

Last but not least, all these APs will be available on March, 29st!

What do you think about it? I feel a little frustrated that the VIP-fastpass is not included in any pass, even as an option. I also would have enjoyed a snack area for Infinity guests, maybe in the Salon Mickey (that is about to end, as the Shareholders Club will disappear once the takeover is complete). I also feel that the price gap is too low to make an actual difference between the old and the new AP (excluding Infinity), which I think devaluates the passes somehow.

As for the name… yikes. I hoped for a Wonder Pass or Magic Pass!

I must say we were expecting price rise but 150E difference between top 2 passes its a lot... I wonder what free pass I will get when I got to renew my Dream as had sponsor 3 people over Xmas...
hopefully MagicPlus one will still got some good discounts as cannot see them selling too many of Infinity one ...

It is my understanding that you will receive a 12-month Dreams pass. The rules regarding sponsorships are tied to your AP, I am not sure how they would be able to change that.

thanks cwis for update... I just add this pic from ED92 twitter that is good to compare them all as well
C5rQht7WYAAywcV.jpg

I must say I dont know if we will renew our AP, wonder if I can still get a free one after getting to sponsor 3 people under old rules... I guess there will be more people like me so we just need wait and see ...

just added wrong pic above and its not letting me in the other post so just add here...

C5re-r6XQAUuRVi.jpg

It is my understanding that you will receive a 12-month Dreams pass. The rules regarding sponsorships are tied to your AP, I am not sure how they would be able to change that.

yeah it will be interesting to see as they have to be prepared for this situation as there more people like me...
also did you come across what are the blackout days for each pass? ta

We have a temporary ticket to be traded for a fantasy pass. Valid till august 15,2017. Wonder how that works? Better to trade in before March 29?

Its probably worth pointing out that the discount off hotels is Up to 40/50% so you will not always get the full discount. They usually have certain discounts for certain hotels/dates and even adjusting the dates by one day can make a big difference so its always worth checking if you are going along this route of booking.

"Rentals and Bag Check" - does that mean free pushchair rental?

Thanks for all this btw!!

C x

Also, do we have the black out days for each level yet? I've seen the ones for the old/current passes......

And the monthly payments thing - is that only available for French residents?!

C x

yeah it will be interesting to see as they have to be prepared for this situation as there more people like me...
also did you come across what are the blackout days for each pass? ta

It would appear the following AP will be given if you are eligible to a sponsored AP, that will be valid 12 months:
— Classic -> Discovery
— Fantasy -> MagicFlex
— Dreams -> MagicPlus

I don't have reliable source at the moment, let's wait for more official infos regarding this AP equivalences.

Also, do we have the black out days for each level yet? I've seen the ones for the old/current passes......

And the monthly payments thing - is that only available for French residents?!

C x

The blackout days for the MagicPlus are one week on November, one week between Christmas and NYE.
I don't believe the planning is out for MagicFlex/Discovery, blackout days are expected on week-ends and during holidays.

We have a temporary ticket to be traded for a fantasy pass. Valid till august 15,2017. Wonder how that works? Better to trade in before March 29?
I am answering my own question. I think I will not take any chances and make an effort to go and trade in my temporary Fantasy Pass before March 29. I don't want to have to choose between the new passes if I go after March 29. To pay more and get less. Even the MagicFlex is more expensive and less days access.

I am answering my own question. I think I will not take any chances and make an effort to go and trade in my temporary Fantasy Pass before March 29. I don't want to have to choose between the new passes if I go after March 29. To pay more and get less. Even the MagicFlex is more expensive and less days access.

I believe if you have a voucher for Fantasy valid up to August 15th, then you will be given a Fantasy if you exchange the voucher before that date. That would make no sense to give you another AP.

Although I understand you will want to secure your Fantasy pass, as the equivalence for sponsorship AP is definitively on the gray line.
Please ask what would have happened if you exchanged your voucher after April and keep us posted, I would like to have an official answer about this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter