• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New AP discount rules

Pea Picker

Mouseketeer
I am trying to figure out if I have this straight.

To book a room at an AP rate I need to have the AP in hand or have an AP voucher. I also can not call until 120 days before my arrival date. Finally I have to give them a deposit of 1 night which is non-refundable. Then if the rate goes down I am assured of getting the "Best Rate".

Is all of this correct?

Thanks

No, that is not correct. To use the new "Best Rate" program, you do have to have your AP or AP voucher in hand so that you can access the reservations site on the passholder website at www.disneyworld.com/passholder

You have to book your rate at least 120 days in advance on the passholder website (look under special offers for the link to the Best Rate program reservation area). Once you book the rate on the website, you do have to give a one night non-refundable deposit. If the rate offered to the general public goes down lower than what you have, you will see your rate go down as well.

Hope that clarifies things :)

Karen

Will you still have the option of calling CRO to book an AP rate and not subject to the 120 day rule? (obviously you would then be locked into the rate you booked at)

stanley said:
Will you still have the option of calling CRO to book an AP rate and not subject to the 120 day rule? (obviously you would then be locked into the rate you booked at)

That remains to be seen. Will they / won't they offer codes, it's the million dollar question. Guess we'll all be going :crazy: waiting for the answer.

You got it - and it SUCKS. Only thing is, I've heard rumblings that the last part of your statement may not be true...the rate that you book is the rate that you get. It will not lower once you book. Which makes this suck even more.

PamNC

well, I happen to like it. I thought At first I did not. but now I do not have to worry about waiting on AP rates!!! I got the BC for the $231 tax included for 9 noghts at the BC from Dec 16th-25th. there is no way that AP's that might come out will be cheaper!! so I am very happy!

besides this on-line thing....IS ONLY A TEST!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter