New and looking for dining reservations

krista113

Earning My Ears
Hello,

Before I start I just want to say thank you for all of you that post, and share all your wonderful information on this site

We have planned a last minute trip, because my husband has a conference at the Dolphin, and me and our two boys are tagging along. They are 5 and 2.

We are leaving May 12th, which I know doesn't give us much time, but I see there are a lot of ADR's still available, because of it being a slower time.

Does anyone have any suggestions of ADR's we shouldn't miss. Again we will be traveling with 2 and 5 year old boys. I am feeling a bit overwhlemed with all the dining options

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome! What kinds of food does your family enjoy? Do you prefer buffet, family style or sit down? Characters or no? What parks are you visiting?

We are not too picky, we seem to like a little of everything. I do not like seafood, but my DH and DS love it.

We will be visiting all the parks, and I have booked Ohana and Hollywood and Vine for charecter breakfasts. Are those pretty good?

Ohanas is awesome for dinner but dinner is not a character dinner. I have heard it is great all the time! We rly enoyed CP at MK and TH at AK. We have done breakfast at both of those places and both were amazing. CP has Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore. TH has Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy. You get your pic tAken outside with Donald. CM at the Contemporary is also a lot of fun. Our boys love the Sci Fi dine in at HS...they did not want to leave. All the menus are here on disboards. We also loved San Angel Inn in Mexico. We had all the sauces on the side and we aded what we liked. CM was very accommodating. The only place we have eaten that we were disappointed in so far has been RFC...neat ambience...so, so food. Anywhere you go you are going to still have a great magical trip!

I think those are good character meals for the ages of your kids. We liked our H&V breakfast food, too. If your family likes interesting food, I might recommend thinking of a lunch at Tusker House. They also have simple foods in case they kids aren't adventurous, like a very tasty mac&cheese, but maybe they'll take "adventure bites" of the other foods.

Have you had a chance to look at menus? You can find them here at wdwinfo.com and also at allears.net.

I think O'hana's character breakfast is one of the best. We've never had a bad experience, and my kids love the dance lines! We had 1900 Park Fare this last trip, which was truly disappointing- food was cold & character interactions very long waits plus only 4 characters. It used to be our favorite. I did not care for the food at Hollywood and Vine, as Sci-Fi dine in and 50's Prime have better food and atmospheres, which my kids liked better.

For other restaurants, my kids like chicken nuggets and chinese food. :-) At MK, they loved Cosmic Rays (which has more than chicken nuggets) for lunch, as they liked to watch the animatronic show. It has hamburgers and salads too. For chinese, we ate at the fast food version in China at Epcot, which they liked and at Yak and Yeti at AK.

Some other fun options:
1) Beaches N Cream Ice Cream Shop (they have burgers and fries too)
2) Rainforest Cafe- cool atmosphere, food OK. Thunderstorm sounds can be scary for little ones if they are scared of the real thing.
3) T-Rex- same as above, just beware the dinosaurs can be scary for little ones and there is also a storm of sorts...
4) The pizza window on the Boardwalk is also fun for kids to sit and experience watching people.

Hope you have a great trip!:thumbsup2

Thanks for all your help. Those all sound like great choices. I am so excited 3 more days!! :cool1:

we too are leaving this weekend..

We have crystal Palace for four of us on Monday and then 9 of us on Tuesday..we love the atmosphere and the buffet is excellent...this is for dinner..
We also love Hollywood and Vine but had to cancel ours and booked the Luau instead...
Tusker in AK is great for breakfast and the characters were great..

Because of the little ones ages...(when our grandkids were that age) we did mostly buffets so they wouldnt have to sit around and wait for the food to come out...
Hope you enjoy your time too...I know we will...we are anxious..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter