New Al Lutz Article: Nemo Sub Update, Third Park, New Entertainment

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
After an agonizing five weeks (Al usually posts articles every three weeks) he has posted a "Super-Mega-Colossal" article today here: www.miceage.com/allutz/al032707a.htm

Highlights include:

1. Serious discussion of third park at DLR (next decade)

2. DLR investment - Disney thinks DLR has more growth potential than WDW

3. Nemo Subs re-opening on June 11 is going to be a tight fit - delays are possible :sad2:

4. Work on new blockbuster show at DCA ongoing

5. WDW's Disney MGM Studios to be renamed to Disney Pixar Studios

6. New parade being designed for DCA

7. Work on GRR new animatronics progressing

Your the best, thanks for keeping us updated on all these articles. This really does explain why Tarzan's Tree House was put on the June schedual unexpectedly for referb. Hopefully they will get it up and running before June. My dad was just saying the other day how he actually enjoyed the Tarzan Disney Movies. It would be a shame for him not to get to see the tree house, as hes never been to a disney park in his life and its gonna be his first time going.

My head hurts after reading all that.

Well, in one sense I am glad that Lasseter is taking DL seriously and planning some spectacular things for its future.

On the other hand, I am a bit sad that our manageable "little park" may turn into a mega park like WDW.

Thanks for posting this for us... I always enjoy when people post stuff that I am not aware of. :)

Thanks for the heads up! I'm like you... lurking over on miceage waiting for his next update! Can't wait to read it! Thanks again!

You mean to tell me that all those awesome pictures I have seen of Paradise Pier at DCA... and now they have gone and drained the lagoon??? :mad: That sucks! My first time seeing it, and it's gonna be a big dirt hole!

You mean to tell me that all those awesome pictures I have seen of Paradise Pier at DCA... and now they have gone and drained the lagoon??? :mad: That sucks! My first time seeing it, and it's gonna be a big dirt hole!

The way I read it, it will be drained Jan. '08. I've seen pics from recent visits that still show water. I'm crossing my fingers I'm correct. Can someone confirm?

The way I read it, it will be drained Jan. '08. I've seen pics from recent visits that still show water. I'm crossing my fingers I'm correct. Can someone confirm?
You are correct. It will not be drained this year.

5. WDW's Disney MGM Studios to be renamed to Disney Pixar Studios

6. New parade being designed for DCA

:thumbsup2 I am thrilled to hear the rebranding to include the Pixar name. I adore John Lasseter, and hope that he begins to become a bigger influence on the parks.

Also, we love the Block Party Bash. I hope they keep a Pixar theme in the new parade.

Thanks for the update!

:thumbsup2 I am thrilled to hear the rebranding to include the Pixar name. I adore John Lasseter, and hope that he begins to become a bigger influence on the parks.

Also, we love the Block Party Bash. I hope they keep a Pixar theme in the new parade.

Thanks for the update!

Cars float, yeah yeah! :P maybe like the electrical parade... have a car spin around in circles and such :D

You are correct. It will not be drained this year.

So is this not the lagoon area? I'm confused because I have never seen this in person.

al032707ss.jpg

No. That is not the lagoon. The lagoon is outside the frame of the photo-to the left. That photo is of the area that used to be a restaurant patio eating area which is now being formed into the entrance to Midway Mania (Toy Story Mania in Fl.)

No. That is not the lagoon. The lagoon is outside the frame of the photo-to the left. That photo is of the area that used to be a restaurant patio eating area which is now being formed into the entrance to Midway Mania (Toy Story Mania in Fl.)

Oooohhh! I see! Thanks :thumbsup2

I guess this is why Strips, Dips, 'n Chips closed, huh?

Yes. I think that is the one that left us. I never ate there so don't remember. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter