New airline to fly out of MSP

rw_hadley

"Did you ever get the feeling there's something go
The Minneapolis Airport Commission (MAC) announced today that a new airline will soon be flying in and out of MSP's Humphrey Terminal.
They're not announcing which airline until Wednesday, so it's unknown at this point whether they'll have flights to MCO, but MAC did say that it's an established airline which offers international and domestic routes, although there will only be domestic routes out of MSP.
I'll update the thread once the airline is announced, but thought this might be good news, since a little competition can't hurt, right?

The rumor mill has it narrowed down to JetBlue or Spirit.
My guess, based on nothing in particular, is Spirit.

Star Tribune is saying odds are good that it will be Spirit.
They had an video report, and apparently Spirit charges $40 for a carry-on?
Also sounds like they are pretty limited in the cities where they fly, so we'll see if this will be worth getting excited about or not.

I was also reading that the limit on luggage that you check is 40 pounds where most are 50 pounds! And fee for carry on! Yikes!

It is Spirit - If you go to Spirirt's site you can now book travel from MSP. I was SUPER excited to see the cost for Sept is $132 each way if you belong to their $9 fare club, till I looked at all their add on prices - YIKES. It will probably end up costing more than the others :( Boo. I also found out that MSP is one of the most expensive places to fly out of. Double Boo :(

Actually if you go to their website you can book travel to Orlando. I am looking for September and it's letting me price tickets.....savings appear to be great (appear) until you hit the fees page.... :(

Actually if you go to their website you can book travel to Orlando. I am looking for September and it's letting me price tickets.....savings appear to be great (appear) until you hit the fees page.... :(

They are connecting through Chicago.

They are connecting through Chicago.

Oh sorry :) We are just so used to having connections that I didn't realize that people look for direct flights...

We did have one flight on the way home last year that was non-stop and I see why people love it so much!

I stand corrected about FL and CA destinations. Similar to Southwest in that they will get you to MCO via Chicago.
But man, what a way to nickel and dime you death!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter