(NEW 3/21) A Whole Year of Coast-to-Coast Trip Planning - March, May, and August 2022!

I think you're absolutely going to fall in love with Disneyland. I think our next Disney trip will be there. Would love to stay in the Disneyland Hotel - can't wait to find out what you thought. Cars Land is especially pretty at night. Also love their version of Pirates. I'm excited for you!

May 2022
60 days
Disneyland Planning

Last week, we returned from Walt Disney World -- that TR is up, and if you're interested in reading it, you can find it here!

And just like that, it's time for us to book dining for our first ever Disneyland vacation. I made my first dining reservations today and I could not be more excited! Let's jump into our plans for May:

May 20 - Fly in
Dinner at Trader Sam's - 7:45 PM

We're flying into LAX early in the morning (wanted to fly into John Wayne, but no flights went direct and it was faster to fly into LAX) and not doing any parks this day. We'll arrive at Disneyland Hotel probably closer to 12:30-1:00 and our plan is to just enjoy Downtown Disney and the resort until our room is ready, then unpack and relax (ideally by the pool) until our dinner time at Trader Sams with Austin.

I heard that Trader Sam's would be the hardest reservation to get at DLR, so I'm really happy we were able to book dinner for the time we wanted!

May 21 - Disneyland
Dinner at Cafe Orleans

My birthday and our first day at the Parks! Austin, Dad, and I are rope dropping Disneyland and our hope is that we'll be there all day to enjoy everything the Park has to offer. We really want to eat at Cafe Orleans for dinner!

May 22 - Disney California Adventure
Dinner at Lamplight Lounge

We're so excited to do DCA! I'm obsessed with Radiator Springs Racers and Cars Land in general, and the new Avengers Campus looks great too. Our hope is that we'll be able to get some golden hour pics at Lamplight Lounge!

May 23 - Disneyland (hop to DCA in the evening)
Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

This is our day to do anything we didn't do during the first two days at the park. We're starting the day at Disneyland, but because we have hoppers, we might hop to DCA after 2:00.

May 24 - Fly Home

No ADRs this day -- unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and we'll fly home :(
What transportation are you taking from LAX to Disneyland Hotel? I’m starting to research a trip to DL and was wondering best options?? Is Uber or shuttle your route?

HI! I love your trip reports and can't wait to hear about your DL trip as we will be going there for the first time sometime next year for DD's HS Graduation trip. :lovestruc

West Coast DLR girl here! DLR is the BEST! Our family finally got to go to WDW in November 2020, and while, WOW! so much to see and do there, our "Magic Kingdom" feels so much more... Disney... than the WDW version. YMMV!

DCA started off pretty awfully (first visited in April 2001) but it has become a truly wonderful park unto itself. Cars Land is awesome. If you ever get a chance to come back for Christmas, DO IT! Cars Land does the holidays very well!

And Guardians of the Galaxy! Super fun, and while missing the creep factor of ToT, I think it's a better ride than DHS ToT (I'll admit I was a bit disappointed in DHS version - so it moves laterally, big whoop! I want THRILLS! :laughing: )

But, I will defend to the death that our Pirates is far superior! (But I think WDW SM might be better than ours!)

If it's not too late, and if you can snag it, you really should try to get and ADR for Blue Bayou. One of my favorite places in the park, and heck, I haven't even been in there since they started serving alcohol! The food is - okay - the Monte Cristo of course is my go-to - but the atmosphere, especially if you hold out for a waterside table (chef's kiss)!! 🥰

So happy for you that you got Trader Sam's!! We're going in October and I am JONESIN' for some tiki and an Uh Oa! (Make sure to order the "fun" drinks!) Really hope we can get and ADR for it!

Looking forward to reading your TR from your first visit to the Happiest Place on Earth!

ETA: If you come back to DLR, look into flying into Long Beach (LGB) as well as John Wayne (SNA). Tiny little airport, easy to navigate, super fast drive to Anaheim. We used to fly into that airport with JetBlue, but that seems to be a thing of the past now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter