*FINISHED 1/26* Welcome to Disney, Where Wait Times are Made Up and the Crowds Don't Matter! - July 2021

Love your report, but my family of 3 adults felt so cramped in the studio. We are pretty neat in the rooms, but never unpacked truly. We actually like the old rooms better. Really didn’t need an extra shower. Would have liked more storage. The resort is beautiful though.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Can't wait to read more! :)

Glad you're here, thanks for checking in!!

Joining the party! OK, your writing style is fabulous! You had me lol so many times that my son came out to see what I was laughing at 😂 I've written trip reports before and I know how much work they are, so Thank You! Can't wait for your next update popcorn::

I am so thrilled you're here-- thank you so much for checking in and for your kind words! I am glad I could make you laugh!!

thank you so much for this! 🥰

yesss 💯

Agreed! I miss character meet and greets so much 😭😭

That is very sad 😞

I miss the characters so much!!!

Sounds like a great day so far! Your Pirates ride photo :rotfl: I love it!

It was a BLAST... with a great Pirates photo to boot!

No matter how many times I walk in MK, the castle and Mainstreet ahh so amazing and emotional 😭

I love all your pictures, we saw the stepsisters at Fairytale hall, so fun!

MK gives me ALL the feels!!!

A good morning in MK! Your food and snacks look so good - bummer the waffle wasn't warm though. Your PP pictures are great - the ride photos are a hoot! Can't wait to read how the rest of your day went :surfweb:

It was an awesome morning, cold waffle aside! We had so much fun!

I'm sorry but your ride pictures are cracking me up! :rotfl2: Glad to see you have a sense of humor also :thumbsup2

Nothing to be sorry about-- they were great and I'm glad you loved them!!

Love your report, but my family of 3 adults felt so cramped in the studio. We are pretty neat in the rooms, but never unpacked truly. We actually like the old rooms better. Really didn’t need an extra shower. Would have liked more storage. The resort is beautiful though.

I completely agree about the storage... drives me NUTS! I wish there was a dresser somewhere!

The ride photos are fantastic!

Thank you!!

Great trip report! I can't wait to hear more!!:flower1:

Thank you kindly, will have an update soon!!

Plaza Restaurant Hoedown
Once we got off of Pirates, our next stop was actually the kiosk next to Pirates that features tiaras and other small trinkets that they sell at Crystal Arts. We went to the Disney Store at our mall before we left and a CM showed us a fancy pen that she got from this stall, and mom really wanted one, so we made it a priority this trip and stopped as soon as we got off the ride.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYO7GJKD5LensP8pmRGurmN0ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

They were really cute! I really liked the white one with the colorful beads, but I actually invested in the gold Castle one:

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMm8cp5Y9cRUuz6Kvi3zQN4UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

I have not used it yet (don't worry, I got to test it before I bought it!), but it is packed up in a bag and ready to come to the office with me when I finally go back to work in person soon :cool1:

Mom got the silver one on the far right, which has a Mickey icon on it.

When we were finished buying our pens, it was time for a Dole Whip break. Mom & Grace split a dole whip float, but I tried a new treat-- the Pineapple swirl with COCONUT Dole Whip.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYNjXKsYx2K2NB_9_QzLdgG6rnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

Ya'll... this coconut dole whip NEEDS TO STAY PERMANENTLY! FOREVER!!! This was the BEST Dole Whip flavor I have ever had, bar none!!! The coconut was so delicious and creamy... I am getting chills just thinking about it!! It wasn't super sweet and when paired with the pineapple, it was just heavenly! 100/10!

We ate our Dole Whip and then decided to head all the way over to Tomorrowland. On our way over, we stopped for some Purple Wall pics.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPsroKyrk1bboI_-pXxC4vQUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYNVrEMZPjhdkWNamD0Ih_0i5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

I'm sorry to say it, but I am NOT #TeamGeometricPurpleWall, I am #TeamLegacyPurpleWall all the way! The clean purple just looks so much better than that design!

Our first stop in Tomorrowland was Peoplemover, which is a favorite ride amongst the family. The line was LOOOOOONG and we ended up waiting about 25 minutes, but we didn't mind. I will truly wait an hour for the Peoplemover... that's right, I said it!

After Peoplemover, we did Carousel of Progress. I used to not like CoP, but it's another show that's grown on me, so now I don't mind it, especially on a hot day like today was. I really love the soundtrack!

When Peoplemover was done, we were about 45 minutes away from our dining reservation, so we made our way back to Main St. Mom got a box of popcorn and we stopped to watch the princesses.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYOMgLM4W8znqXBb_WzInvyXUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

When the Princesses had floated on by, we went back to Main Street. Mom, dad, & Grace wanted to stop by the Emporium, and I wanted to head in to Uptown Jewelers for a special souvenir.

Backstory: I have wanted the original white Disney sketch print Dooney & Bourke pretty much my entire life, or at least since I first saw it in 2014. Now that I am an adult who has graduated college, survived a pandemic (*knocks on wood*), and gotten a big girl job, I told myself that this was going to be the year that I bought the white Disney sketch tote. And I made it my mission to buy it on Main Street USA, at Uptown Jewelers.

Well, I walk into the store, and unfortunately, the white Sketch is sold out all over property and they don't know when they're going to get it back in. :sad:

However, out of the corner of my eyes, I see a new Dooney & Bourke print-- this one is a solid black leather bag with the sketch "design" embossed into the leather. It was more money than the original Sketch, but I loved that it was solid black. From a distance, you couldn't really tell that the design had Disney stamped all the way into it, so it was casual and subtle enough to be a purse for work (or really just for going about town). It wasn't my first choice, but I figured that the original sketch print would still be here next trip, and that I worked hard enough and waited long enough to buy my first Disney Dooney.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYM-gSe4XM5gzJ4hMqygxOG8qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

I couldn't love it any more! It is so cute and I love the embossed leather!!! And I can't wait to get the original Sketch bag next time I'm at the Parks... well, maybe not the very next time I'm at the Parks, but the time after that for sure :-)

I bought my bag and it was time for us to check in for our late lunch reservation!

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPsroKyrk1bboI_-pXxC4vQV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYOIAQvUN421qIT_mstd-S794xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

We had not been to the Plaza in years, quite literally over a decade-- the first and only other time we've eaten here was way back in July 2010. The menu just didn't appeal to us. We chose it this time for a) lack of any other new Magic Kingdom restaurants to eat at, and b) I really wanted Plaza ice cream this trip and wasn't sure if the cone shop was going to be open.

We were seated very quickly, but it was also pretty clear that they wanted us out of there quickly-- our waiter was in a huge hurry, and the very small restaurant was packed to the very highest capacity.

Grace, mom & I all got the same thing, which was the Plaza Turkey Club.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPXOJTtegdvGYJbb34XwaGXaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

It was a decent sandwich! Is it anything to go nuts over? No. But the bread was nice and warm, the bacon was cooked perfectly and was nice and thick. There wasn't a lot to say about it, but we were happy we ordered it nonetheless.

The real star of the show here was dessert. I ordered the brownie sundae to split with dad.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYNvIIrqztQDa7Wp7KkjBELSrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

This was... words fail. Have you ever eaten something and then just gone completely silent? You couldn't even speak to the other members of your party because you were just utterly obsessed and in such bliss with what you were eating? Well, when you order the brownie sundae at the Plaza restaurant, the entire world around you disappears until there's nothing but you and the luscious chocolate and vanilla treat in front of you. It's perfect. The fudgy brownie. The little chocolate chips. The warm hot fudge and the ice cold vanilla ice cream. I will be thinking about and missing this dessert until I reunite with it again.

I had to be physically pulled away from this dessert, but once the bill was paid, we went back to the resort where we had a quiet few hours. I jotted some notes down for my TR, I pulled a tiktok together, and I even ran down to the quiet pool bar for a drink at some point.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPzSIE0Ds6iSZO1kipE6YbfV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

This was the Pago Pago Painkiller. Plantation rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut come together for this STRONG but tasty tropical drink.

My family went back to the Parks for dinner and fireworks, but I actually stayed back at the resort to meet up with my friend Jess. Jess is my best friend from home and she is down there right now on her second DCP! We met up at Captain Cooks, and I got the pulled pork nachos.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYOABaw8MCVCRGC2eBtUGvxfrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

I would personally not get these again. Everybody raved about these, I thought they were very, very weird. The illusion of that yellow sauce being some tangy mayo instead of actual cheese was too much for my tiny brain. Like I said, everybody else raved about these, so please do not deter my review from ordering these if you love pulled pork and pineapple slaw.

Jess also grabbed a dole whip from Pineapple Lanai, which she ate as we made our way back to our hotel room. We talked for an hour or two before she decided to head back to her apartment, so we said our goodbyes-- BUT Jess appears twice more in this story, so you have not seen the last of her!

The parents and Grace came back after fireworks and we all went to bed after a great day at Magic Kingdom!

(Click HERE to Continue!)

Last edited:
THE DOONEY:lovestruc:lovestruc it's so beautiful! I'm also v glad that I'm not the only one that has had the thought that big girl job = first Disney Dooney. My goal has always been to buy myself a Disney Dooney wallet when I finish grad school and get my first real job, so I can totally relate!

The Peoplemover is vastly underrated -- easily one of my top five favorite rides!

Hurray for updates! Hurray for Dooney & Burke!! Expensive, but oh so worth it! I LOVE mine (Disney Dogs) - never fails to get comments/compliments when I use it. I'm gonna have to invest in a 2nd on our trip in September. :woohoo:

THE DOONEY:lovestruc:lovestruc it's so beautiful! I'm also v glad that I'm not the only one that has had the thought that big girl job = first Disney Dooney. My goal has always been to buy myself a Disney Dooney wallet when I finish grad school and get my first real job, so I can totally relate!

The Peoplemover is vastly underrated -- easily one of my top five favorite rides!

THANK YOU LOVE!!! I am obsessed with it and I'm glad we are on the same page... such a milestone in our lives calls for a Disney Dooney!!!

Hurray for updates! Hurray for Dooney & Burke!! Expensive, but oh so worth it! I LOVE mine (Disney Dogs) - never fails to get comments/compliments when I use it. I'm gonna have to invest in a 2nd on our trip in September. :woohoo:

HURRAY!! I LOVE the Disney Dogs print, that Tiffany blue backing was so gorgeous and it had all the best pups on it!! Let me know what you go with this September!!

LOVE the purse. I got one with the same "print", but the leather is brown. :)

Thank you so much!! I didn't even see the brown option back in July, but that sounds gorgeous!!!

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMi6H0y4l0dURrzMlzsGGZnldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

Cookies & Cream Funnel Cake: Grace and I tackled this funnel cake from the kiosk in American Adventure by ourselves. What is there to say about this funnel cake? It was warm. It was covered in oreos, ice cream, and chocolate sauce. It was INCREDIBLE. I don't love anything quite like I love a warm funnel cake with oreos and vanilla ice cream. It's a strong contender for one of the best dessert treats in the World Showcase. Grace and I absolutely devoured this.

OMG is this funnel cake a normal thing? Cause I want one ASAP!!!

I love the Dooney you decided on
I will forgive you for not loving the pork nachos, these are one of my favorite items at Disney!

OMG is this funnel cake a normal thing? Cause I want one ASAP!!!

Yes!!! The Cookies & Cream funnel cake has been around for a few years-- not going anywhere!

I love the Dooney you decided on
I will forgive you for not loving the pork nachos, these are one of my favorite items at Disney!

Ah, I wish I liked them, I know that you and many others on the board love them! Even my dad liked them!

Hollywood Studios: July 13
This is a Game Called, "Solo-ing It Up Hollywood Style"
As the designated planner for the family, I am up at 6:50 every time we go to DHS, regardless of what time the park opens. After all: the early bird gets "the worm" ("the worm" being a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance).

E6LiZZgWUAcTkff

After that, instead of going back to sleep for another hour or two, I got dressed for the day. I love this shirt by Wishes Thread Co!

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMkOSW0hGuGbhnEHbO2ZoOkVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

I ended up leaving the room at 7:45-ish and heading to the bus stop for Hollywood Studios. The family does not go on Rock'N'Roller Coaster, so I always try to get a few rope-drop rides in before they get to the park.

The park had to have opened at 9:00 AM that day, because the buses were already running for DHS and I arrived shortly to see that guests were already being let in to the park.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPu4ceX9tJWoanws33s0sy-4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPap4rH5BKkN_ztNeAB4jp15cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYNeHYLbxPOk7z1Vr6i1A0Q3Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

I went on RnRC three times this morning-- I walked on through the standby line once, and then walked on through the single rider line twice.

I don't know if anyone asked for an upside down selfie of me duck-facing in the queue for RnRC, but if you did, here you go:

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYNFzUCZo8cN6uGCdbHBQ7ENUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMo7q20e7-6BnVOT3Kmsm_XV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

Going on the world's greatest rollercoaster three times in a row is sure to build up anyone's appetite, so I was ready for breakfast after this.

I was well overdue for my first Joffrey's iced vanilla latte of the trip. This is my favorite thing to drink at Disney World, bar none. Alcoholic, nonalcoholic, or otherwise, the humble Joffrey's iced vanilla latte holds an infallible grip on me. It will always be the first drink I reach for when I need a pick-me-up in the Parks. It is simply the sweetest, creamiest, and most delicious iced latte on the planet.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPfkRkczEH4OSTnWVMWUz0J4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

While I would love to say that I could survive on these iced lattes alone, I did need some type of food in my system to keep myself going, and I was excited to try a special treat at Hollywood Scoops-- the Blueberry Mickey Waffle Platter.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMswWXgjSLBayZTCoGImk0gV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

Three absolutely FABULOUS Mickey Waffles with blueberries in the batter, strawberry topping, and luscious whipped cream. I was kind of hoping that there would be some more blueberries in the batter (you can see some in the top right mickey ear), but this was otherwise the best breakfast I could have hoped for. There was no need for traditional syrup and butter here, the strawberry syrup and whipped cream provided just the right amount of moistness to soften up and flavor-ize each bite. It was $9.49, so not bad for such a good breakfast! If you need a breakfast at DHS... this waffle platter at Hollywood Scoops is the way to go!!!

After my breakfast, I decided to head over to the Muppets area of DHS. I told myself "no more Loungeflys" this trip, since I had already purchased the Dooney the day before, but I had neglected to pick up the one Loungefly bag I really wanted back on my March trip and it was starting to weigh on me-- the Miss Piggy loungefly. I knew that if I didn't find it here, I wouldn't find it anywhere else, so I went to see if the Muppets store by Muppetvision 3D had reopened yet.

The Muppet store sadly had not reopened, but the very nice greeter CM at MV3D told me that they should have it at the boutique on Sunset Boulevard. I also asked to take a pic of this doll she was holding, because the fact that she had a baby Miss Piggy doll with her own CM nametag made me lose my mind:

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPu4ceX9tJWoanws33s0sy-V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

Fabulous. Literally fabulous.

I went over to that boutique she was talking about, and sure enough, they had not only the Loungefly I was looking for, but a set of ears that I simply could not pass up.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYOhRbgUBAkwIryxlCW-nPp8UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYOrGZqIA05FQOw637PwfQCNUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

The family had finally arrived at Hollywood Studios, and by the time I was finished checking out, they were at Sunset Ranch across the street. Grace wanted to try the cookie sandwich they were serving (she liked it). We promptly went from there to Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway. It's one of mom & dad's favorite rides, so we never miss it.

The line was pretty long! I think the sign read 75 minutes, we ended up waiting close to 40, which was still pretty long for M&MRR. We were excited to see the pre-show again, though!

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYNBrnC_5pl2hXtL_sjAEcY8qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

I love her and I love this ride!

When we were done at M&MRR, we were actually cutting it pretty close to our lunch ADR, so we headed towards Galaxy's Edge.

(Click HERE to continue!)

Last edited:
That's probably my favorite Dooney bag of all that I've seen! Definitely putting that coconut dole whip on my snacks list for the next trip 😍

That's probably my favorite Dooney bag of all that I've seen! Definitely putting that coconut dole whip on my snacks list for the next trip 😍

WELL HELLO YOU!!! Welcome (officially!) to the boards!!!!! I can't wait to see you soon :-) Coconut dole whip is 10/10 highly recommend!!! Off to check your PTR out now!

Adorable Loungefly! Blueberry Micky waffles?? Yes, please

The Mickey Waffles with blueberries were SO good!!!

Just joined your report—love your new purse! Those darn Loungefly bags look so cute also!

Thank you so much-- I appreciate you commenting and following along!! Welcome aboard fellow Loungefly fan :-)

Just popping on to say I'm loving your trip report! Thanks for sharing!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!