*FINISHED 1/26* Welcome to Disney, Where Wait Times are Made Up and the Crowds Don't Matter! - July 2021

Wow great start to your trip. I love the headband for your sister, it is so cute!
The food from Ford’s garage looks really good.
I love seeing reviews on places off Disney property

Thank you so much!! Ford's Garage was great, I definitely recommend it

I've never heard of Ford's Garage but the food looks so delicious!

It was a pretty good place to dine off property!

I'm at work reading this and it's just about time for lunch, OMG I want that hamburger now!!!!!

It was an AWESOME burger!!!

Some great Poly tips. Thanks for sharing!

You got it, thanks for being here!!

I'm enjoying your report so far! Following along!
I have never heard of Ford's Garage. We will be driving down in December. Excited to have a new off-property restaurant to try out!

Following along!

Ford’s Garage sounds like a fun place to check out. Would you say it’s baby friendly?

Just came back to check out TR's again and I found this one.

We have made that long I-95 drive to Florida, I'm in Philly so I get get it. I think I actually stopped at that same Cracker Barrel. My husband always insisted on driving straight through so I have also stopped at the Kingsland GA rest stop. It was one of the nicest I have ever seen. I doubt we will see it again as my husband has had 2 strokes and I can't drive like that. We would have to take 3 days at least each way. I tend to fall asleep in the car and I don't think sleeping and driving is a good idea.

When my kids were little we only went to Disney at the end of July or beginning of August. That heat can be brutal. I am enjoying this report, can't wait to read more. I'm heading back down in December with my husband so it's nice to get a perspective of the parks right now.

Looking forward to reading more.

Fords Garage looks amazing. I'm adding it to my list for 2023, just not sure where to squeeze it in lol

I cant wait for a Buc-ee's stop!!

I had never heard of Ford's Garage until my parents and brother went a couple months ago when they were in Orlando for a non-Disney trip, and they really enjoyed it, as well! Night swimming sounds like so much fun and the best way to end a Florida day! :D

I'm enjoying your report so far! Following along!
I have never heard of Ford's Garage. We will be driving down in December. Excited to have a new off-property restaurant to try out!

Thank you so much for being here!! We really enjoyed Ford's Garage-- I definitely recommend it for a night off-property!

Following along!

Thank you so much for joining in!

Following along!

Ford’s Garage sounds like a fun place to check out. Would you say it’s baby friendly?

Thank you, so happy to have you back!!! Really nice to see you again :)

Ford's Garage was a lot of fun for us adults, but sadly, would not be so much fun for a baby :( Very loud restaurant with lots of loud noises, including a very obnoxious car horn they sound off during birthday celebrations and when a specific drink is ordered. Before COVID, I liked Nick's Diner during my DCP! It's on Orange Blossom drive I believe. Similar "vibes" to Ford's Garage with a larger menu and not as rambunctious as Ford's Garage!

Just came back to check out TR's again and I found this one.

We have made that long I-95 drive to Florida, I'm in Philly so I get get it. I think I actually stopped at that same Cracker Barrel. My husband always insisted on driving straight through so I have also stopped at the Kingsland GA rest stop. It was one of the nicest I have ever seen. I doubt we will see it again as my husband has had 2 strokes and I can't drive like that. We would have to take 3 days at least each way. I tend to fall asleep in the car and I don't think sleeping and driving is a good idea.

When my kids were little we only went to Disney at the end of July or beginning of August. That heat can be brutal. I am enjoying this report, can't wait to read more. I'm heading back down in December with my husband so it's nice to get a perspective of the parks right now.

Looking forward to reading more.

Hey there, I am so glad to have you here! Thanks for checking in with us :-)

Nice to meet you, fellow car sleeper! We love Kingsland! The drive from up north can definitely be rough... and I don't recommend sleeping and driving, either :rotfl:

I am so glad that you are enjoying my report so far and so thrilled to hear you're heading back this December! I've only been there while I was working, so I hope you do a report on what your December vacation is like!

Fords Garage looks amazing. I'm adding it to my list for 2023, just not sure where to squeeze it in lol

I cant wait for a Buc-ee's stop!!

It was awesome-- if you are looking for restaurants to do off-property, you can't leave Ford's Garage off the list!

BUC-EES! So good! My dad is more excited to stop at Buc-ees next year than he is for the rest of the vacation!

I had never heard of Ford's Garage until my parents and brother went a couple months ago when they were in Orlando for a non-Disney trip, and they really enjoyed it, as well! Night swimming sounds like so much fun and the best way to end a Florida day! :D

It was so good!!

Night swimming was fun because we got a chance to relax, but it got COLD!!! I was seriously shocked!!! We were sweating buckets for 14 hours a day and then shivering once we stepped in the pool!

Nice to meet you, fellow car sleeper! We love Kingsland! The drive from up north can definitely be rough... and I don't recommend sleeping and driving, either :rotfl:

I am so glad that you are enjoying my report so far and so thrilled to hear you're heading back this December! I've only been there while I was working, so I hope you do a report on what your December vacation is like!

Try the drive with a disgruntled mother, husband with poison ivy, son having panic attacks and 2 not quite teen aged daughters playing Hanson's Mmbop the entire way down and back and singing loudly. I think that may be why I became a car sleeper. :rotfl2:

I have been thinking on doing a report for this trip. It will just be my husband and I and we should have some interesting times. He had 2 strokes and has poor vision but refuses to accept it and has bad balance issues but doesn't want an ECV. I have had 6 knee surgeries so I do need the ECV. Should be an interesting trip and I won't have my grandson to find him every time he gets lost.

Try the drive with a disgruntled mother, husband with poison ivy, son having panic attacks and 2 not quite teen aged daughters playing Hanson's Mmbop the entire way down and back and singing loudly. I think that may be why I became a car sleeper. :rotfl2:

I have been thinking on doing a report for this trip. It will just be my husband and I and we should have some interesting times. He had 2 strokes and has poor vision but refuses to accept it and has bad balance issues but doesn't want an ECV. I have had 6 knee surgeries so I do need the ECV. Should be an interesting trip and I won't have my grandson to find him every time he gets lost.

OMG! not MMBOP!!! :rotfl: What a throwback!! You are far stronger than I am for enduring a car ride full of Mmbop!!

Magic Kingdom: July 12
This is a Game Called, "Unaware Ride Photos"

Per the entire family's request, we rope-dropped our first Magic Kingdom day to ensure we'd be able to do Mine Train at least once this vacation. Magic Kingdom was open at 10. We woke up closer to 7:30, were out the door closer to 8:30, and took the boat launch to Magic. Because of COVID, boat launches are still running just a smidge earlier than they normally would. We were one of two or three families on the launch over to Magic Kingdom!

Here we go... MAJOR mouse tears!!!

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPJQSsegF1M4O_qRqFV46LM5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYPNJ5YBFssuTVKzURMNzYwhaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

In this life, there are some feelings that just can't be replicated-- like that feeling of your heart melting like a Dole Whip on a hot summer day that you can ONLY feel when you see the castle bright and early at the beginning of your vacation. You just can't beat it.

Anyway, we got sidetracked by a lone Photopass Photographer with a decent line and decided to get some family photos taken. While we were in line, we got to watch a proposal happen! ALL the happy tears were shed! :sad: :lovestruc

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYNNtCAeSb-4zDcn_q4iGrAxV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMBFWw8qKQKUdtN7OY7rJNTVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYOaHe9dG2tryvJl6PszkUZvqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMlgHPs6nKtzyFSzLof-ghCVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

FINALLY, we decided to head over to the Cheshire Cafe/Cosmic Ray's path (in front of the teacups) where Tomorrowland meets Fantasyland so that we could rope drop Mine Train. There was a HUGE crowd in front of us, probably larger than it was for Thanksgiving 2018, which left me kind of flabbergasted and also kind of leads me to a half-rant: Disney, if you think it's safe enough to bring back the large masses of people for Magic Kingdom rope drop/fireworks, and you have no problem raising park capacity back up to pretty much pre-COVID level 8 crowd levels, don't you think it's in your best interest to bring back proper parades and character meet & greets? Isn't it time to bring back "normal" park entertainment since we're back to "normal" crowds?

Nobody asked for my two pressed pennies, and I get that everything is still complicated (especially now that masks are back at the Parks), I'm just a little heated that I haven't hugged Mickey Mouse since early 2020. :mic:

Moving forward! Epcot rope drop the day before said "The park opens at 10 AM, but we are going to let guests start boarding rides at 9:50-ish." Today, Magic Kingdom rope drop said "10 AM means 10 AM means 10 AM," so at 10 AM promptly, mass chaos ensued as we all made our way to 7DMT. Our starting point in the queue was in the extended queue, pretty much right across from the Teacups, so even though the line moved continuously, we ended up waiting a good 20 minutes to get on the ride.

As always... BEST RIDE EVER!

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMrCC5XBveXXwLR0E-RsNIdKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

When we got off of 7DMT, we were all in the mood for breakfast. Mom and dad wanted something more savory while Grace and I wanted something more sweet, so the parents went to Friar's Nook for breakfast sandwiches while Grace and I mobile ordered from Sleepy Hollow.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMxXaWd1iebw34s5xYUx5cqV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

We both got a Nutella & Fruit waffle, and I got a vanilla iced coffee (Grace just got a bottle of water). I have to admit... these were better when Mobile Ordering was not a thing, and they weren't being produced en masse :( The waffles were cold, despite the fact that I waited until Grace and I arrived at Sleepy Hollow to tap "Prepare Meal," and walked right up to the window when our order was marked as ready. It was still good, and I love the nutella and strawberry combo first thing in the morning, but it loses something when the waffle isn't warm!

The vanilla iced coffee was fine and cured my need for caffeine.

We ate our breakfasts pretty quickly, then headed back up to Friar's Nook to meet up with the parental units. While we were there, I noticed some Character Attendants in the outdoor queue for Princess Fairytale Hall. And the NUMBER ONE RULE of touring Walt Disney World resort is that wherever there are Character Attendants, there are Characters not too far away.

When mom & dad finished eating their sandwiches, I asked if we could linger around Princess Fairytale Hall for a little while to see if anyone would be coming out to make an appearance. I was right! Not long after we got there, Anastasia and Drizella came out. My family was the only people against the barrier, so naturally, we let out a big cheer when they arrived to let everyone know that the TRUE royals of Magic Kingdom had graced us with their presence.

"Thank you! Finally, a welcoming committee for us!" Anastasia thanked us. As soon as they arrived, they drew a big crowd, so so they started adlibbing with children and they were hilarious. Throwing shade at Cinderella, asking if there were any eligible Prince Charmings in the area, etc.

I tried to get a selfie with Anastasia all crafty-like:

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYMjihSJrm6fpiceOy2d_Oj9V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

From there, we decided to head to Haunted Mansion. It was posted at a 40 minute wait I think? And we ended up waiting close to 30. We were happy to be in the stretching room again, though!

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYM4QvNi8oehh38G44VPoR4EV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

Will I ever figure out where the camera is on this ride?

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYOM0i5eoFLgo1_5CLIXXjNb4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

Survey says no.

After Mansion, we looked around Memento Mori for a hot second, but we didn't really see anything we wanted, so we just went back up to Frontierland. We all really wanted to see the Country Bear Jamboree this trip, since we didn't see it back in March.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYOIIfm0HNw1YUHvzDgJYjC7rnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

Dad and I both love the CBJ! It's been a favorite of my dad since he was young, but it's really grown on me in recent years.

After CBJ, I was ready for a snack and the family was ready for a bathroom break, so we made our way over to the Adventureland breezeway restrooms. I mobile ordered some fried pot stickers from the Sunshine Tree Terrace.

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYO0glxanII7GOERuAHy0EEf5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

Ya'll... SO. GOOD. And worth EVERY PENNY of the $6.99 I spent. If you've ever had the fried pot stickers from that stand in Animal Kingdom (Mr. Kamals?), these are pretty much the exact same ones. So filling, so delicious, and paired perfectly with this sweet and sour orange sesame sauce. I really enjoyed them.

It was hot, but we trekked on and decided to head to Pirates of the Caribbean for our next ride, which is another ride I have a soft spot for. I mean, come on-- how could you not love the smells of Pirates of the Caribbean? And the red head? I love her.

I will leave you for this update with our ride photo, which I have considered getting professionally printed.

enhance

00-rzLKQUj5kKatSFLkdZHXV775i8RwtoKLpUn2UYhiUYOM0i5eoFLgo1_5CLIXXjNbaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

(Click
here to continue!)

Last edited:
Joining the party! OK, your writing style is fabulous! You had me lol so many times that my son came out to see what I was laughing at 😂 I've written trip reports before and I know how much work they are, so Thank You! Can't wait for your next update popcorn::

Ford's Garage was a lot of fun for us adults, but sadly, would not be so much fun for a baby :( Very loud restaurant with lots of loud noises, including a very obnoxious car horn they sound off during birthday celebrations and when a specific drink is ordered. Before COVID, I liked Nick's Diner during my DCP! It's on Orange Blossom drive I believe. Similar "vibes" to Ford's Garage with a larger menu and not as rambunctious as Ford's Garage!

thank you so much for this! 🥰

In this life, there are some feelings that just can't be replicated-- like that feeling of your heart melting like a Dole Whip on a hot summer day that you can ONLY feel when you see the castle bright and early at the beginning of your vacation. You just can't beat it.

yesss 💯

Isn't it time to bring back "normal" park entertainment since we're back to "normal" crowds?

Agreed! I miss character meet and greets so much 😭😭

The waffles were cold,

That is very sad 😞

No matter how many times I walk in MK, the castle and Mainstreet ahh so amazing and emotional 😭

I love all your pictures, we saw the stepsisters at Fairytale hall, so fun!

A good morning in MK! Your food and snacks look so good - bummer the waffle wasn't warm though. Your PP pictures are great - the ride photos are a hoot! Can't wait to read how the rest of your day went :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter