New “Music of Pixar Live!” Show Coming to Hollywood Studios this Summer-FPs Now Available

Waiting to see if I will really need a dining package to see this on a Saturday in July...

I know it'll take some time to settle into a groove, but I'm curious how early people arrive for stand by and what percentage is dining packages since there isn't FPP.

We will be going in two weeks and need to finalize touring plan.

We attended the 6:45 show last night and it was amazing!! There were 6 movie segments (I think): Toy Story, Cars, Nemo, The Incredibles, Monsters and Up--(not in that order.) The orchestra was unbelievable!! We loved it and will make it a must do every trip. The tv screens show clips of the movie along with the music and they also have the main characters pop in to try to engage the younger kids. Several of the clips had me misty eyed.However, this is a 45 minute performance and may not be enough to engage the fast food culture of today. My kids are 15 and 11 and loved it but they are nerdy that way. ;) In the last ten minutes I would say we lost about 10% of the audience and they began to walk out. Not a ton, but enough that we found it rude and annoying because it interfered with the mood of the show. But I think that is just where we are today as a society. But if you love the performing arts, this is a must do experience and of course leans towards an educational one as well. A nice touch since there is not as much of that in Disney anymore.

This sounds amazing! To anyone who has attended already or is planning to attend soon - can you tell me if this is the sort of performance where people need to sit quietly and listen, or is it ok to sing along/ wiggle in your seat? Is it mostly adults or kids too? I have a little one who would LOVE to hear all of the music, would get a big kick out of the characters - but can't possibly sit still for 45 minutes straight... and she pretty much sings along to everything... rides, attractions, background music... :rolleyes1

Has anyone heard if they're doing any meet and greets with the characters after the show? I would LOVE to get a picture with Carl, we don't see him around too often!

This sounds amazing! To anyone who has attended already or is planning to attend soon - can you tell me if this is the sort of performance where people need to sit quietly and listen, or is it ok to sing along/ wiggle in your seat? Is it mostly adults or kids too? I have a little one who would LOVE to hear all of the music, would get a big kick out of the characters - but can't possibly sit still for 45 minutes straight... and she pretty much sings along to everything... rides, attractions, background music... :rolleyes1

Everyone sits quietly. Also note that the orchestra is just playing scores from the movies, it's not like their playing say "Under the Sea" where there's words and music. They show movie clips and play scores from that movie, there's no singing or dialogue until the very end.

Spoiler: They play "You've got a friend in me" and the crowd sings along

Has anyone heard if they're doing any meet and greets with the characters after the show? I would LOVE to get a picture with Carl, we don't see him around too often!

I saw the show tonight and it didn't appear to have any meet and greets. They clear the arena and get ready for the next show. So if they were to do any meet and greet, your best shot would be to go to the final performance of the night. I'm just guessing but maybe at the final performance of the day they aren't so quick to clear everyone out

I saw the show tonight and it didn't appear to have any meet and greets. They clear the arena and get ready for the next show. So if they were to do any meet and greet, your best shot would be to go to the final performance of the night. I'm just guessing but maybe at the final performance of the day they aren't so quick to clear everyone out

Thanks for reporting back, I think that'll have to be my game plan. Fingers crossed the show sticks around until September!

HOw early do you recommend showing up without dinjng package?

HOw early do you recommend showing up without dinjng package?

Earlier the better. If you want to be up close then I'd recommend about 30-45 min prior. I was running late so I showed up about 4 min before showtime. CM's were directing where to go and we sat in top bleacher area.

Green army men are out and about interacting with guests so an earlier wait shouldn't be too bad.

I watched video and oh I wish wish wish they would keep this going!!! I won't be back till next February and I would love to see/hear this in person.

I just called Disney Dining and was able to book Pixar and F! Pkg for 8/27. I was really hoping on other date but seems like there's no availability (since Pixar show's only scheduled till 8/27 as of now). If Disney releases shows other dates, I'll try to move it bus as of now, I am making tentative plan to for 8/27. My DS plays for Symphonic Band at Philadelphia Youth Orchestra and he likes play disney music on his clarinet and saxophone so he will love watching this. Thanks for the great info!

I just watched the video this morning and promptly changed our plans around a bit so we can go on my birthday. Can't wait to see it in person!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter