Never say Neverland: Easter '18, May/June '18, July '18, Sept '18, Nov '18 TRs (2/15/19 UPDATE!!)

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by kittylady1972, Feb 27, 2018.

1. kittylady1972

kittylady1972 Disneyholic

All I can say is, I hope that groundhog can really predict the future because this...

upload_2019-2-5_13-57-55.jpeg

...is very awesome! I'm playing tennis OUTDOORS today and I cannot wait. I took a nice long walk at lunchtime...it was hard to return to work.

Sadly it seems this won't last...

upload_2019-2-5_13-59-5.jpeg

All the rest of my tennis this weekend is indoors though.

I still don't have a next vacation to look forward to right now, which is really a very unfamiliar situation for me. I just keep telling myself I need to get through the next few months, recover from Christmas and taxes, and then I can plan something maybe. What I don't know. It appears there is a trip to Florida in September in my future, but south of Tampa for a wedding of one of my cousins. Oh and a short trip to New Jersey at the end of this month to meet up with a bunch of moms from an internet forum I started posting on back before my youngest child was born...and he's now 14.5 years old. I've never met any of these women, and yet about 10 of us are meeting up at a beach house in New Jersey owned by one of them. I'm looking forward to it as I feel like I've known them forever, even if only virtually.

2. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

That sounds wonderful! Where in NJ?
    I do think you need to plan that Festival of the Arts trip :D

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. kittylady1972

So the address is Mantoloking, NJ for the beach house. It is about 3 hours from my house. It should be fun...of course hanging with a bunch of people I've never met in real life but have known via the internet since before my 3rd kid was born.

I think the Festival trip sounds fabulous and since it is in 2020 I won't be breaking my NO Disney trips in 2019 rule.

5. kittylady1972

So in other news...my daughter and I decided to try our hand at making no-sew fleece blankets yesterday. I think I have a blanket for almost every day of the month...ok maybe a slight exaggeration. The local fabric store had sooo many selections...and too many Disney ones...but this is what I ended up making:

upload_2019-2-11_16-52-53.jpeg

Now I just need a Disney cruise that I can take this on!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Mopedmom1, camper06 and Jenny Sanders like this.
  6. KathyM2

KathyM2 DIS Veteran

Just came by to say hi!! I used to follow your TR's ages ago but kind of lost you when I went MIA on the DIS for a while lol!! Love the blankets!!

kittylady1972 likes this.
  7. kittylady1972

Hello there and thanks. I popped over briefly to your PTR...I would love to do a RunDisney event myself someday. I can't wait to read about it!

KathyM2 likes this.
  8. kittylady1972

So with weather like today...again...it's easy to enjoy Maryland. It is 64 and sunny out...took a nice long walk at lunchtime...fabulous.

However it's supposed to rain again next week...maybe a sleet/snow event with it...Tuesday to Wednesday. DH and I were contemplating a very very quick overnight trip to Florida, taking advantage of some super-cheap flights on Spirit and trying them for the first time...but then the weather made us reconsider. It wouldn't be fair to leave my son and FIL to transport our other kids around in bad weather. Also the prices increased.

HOWEVER there are some cheap flights next weekend...and now I'm seriously trying to push for a 2-night trip to Florida for that timeframe, returning home on Monday night. DH hasn't responded to this yet so we'll see if he is up for it. We would only be doing the Universal parks for this trip on Sunday and Monday.

If that doesn't work out, I'm also considering another overnight only in early March with two of the kids with us. We'll see.

I know it's all crazy. I just want to get out and spend a day walking around in the sun of Florida.

Jenny Sanders, camper06 and Mopedmom1 like this.