Nervous!

2Xited4Disney

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow I have a meeting with my advisor,I told her I wanted to do the College Program next spring. She wanted to meet with me to talk about which direction I planned on going in. Now I know in her language that means " Ummmm what does a Mouse have to do Rehabilitation (my major)." Which is completely NIAVE... but the problem is I have no idea how the college program will be able to relate to my major. Rehab is very complicated, for those of you who don't know, it isn't just Drug and Alc Rehab. It also involves Counseling, physical Rehabilitation, Social Work, mental Rehabilitation. As well as many other types of work in the "helping Profession" Now while my meeting with the Reps isn't untill next September some time, I plan on talking with the Rep when she comes on Wednesday to recruit for the fall... What should I tell my advisor.... Any help would be appreciated

Well, any career path coming out of your major is going to require outstanding communication skills. At WDW, no matter what your role is, you'll be communicating with hundreds, possibly thousands of people a day, all from different backgrounds, many of whom don't speak English, and who are all in different moods. You'll learn and practice time management, partnering with diverse cast members in different departments, and get experience in working with the large varied workforce that only a place like WDW can provide.

You'll have opportunities to volunteer at places like Give Kids the World, seeing doctors, therapists and counselors up close every day, a chance to start a relationship with a mentor in your chosen field or something close to it, and networking opportunities like you wouldn't believe.

I would point your advisor towards information on some of the Alumni-only advanced internships that absolutely apply to your field, which are not available to those who haven't done the program -- the Services for Guests with Disabilites Coordinator role is one that comes to mind. Many semesters have offered an AI in Human Resources specializing in Work/Life Balance and Benefits, where you would work with employees and point them towards the resources available through the company that can most benefit them.

WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: .....
my advisor just approved me for 15 credits for the CP... Wahooo... I guess now all i have to do is get accepted for next spring

Well now that Marc (2Xited4Disney) has gotten his credits... I need mine! I am a Creative Writing major and need to convince an advisor that this WILL benefit my resume for writing... any ideas from previous writing/journalism majors?

THANK YOU SO MUCH KATE you really have helped us out alot and we really appreciate it. We are about to Head out to our Career Fair where we are going to have our first meeting with our Disney Rep. Now while we aren't applying untill September (for next fall) we just wanted to meet and talk with the Rep. THANK YOU AGAIN

MARC (2xited4disney)
&
Chelsea (Marcsminnie)

NEVERMIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE MAINE I HATE SNOW I HATE THIS!!!!!. they moved it because of snow... till tomorrow!!!!

Wait, y'all are in Maine? Is Gretchen your recruiter? If she is, tell her Kate from Oklahoma (who she interviewed for an AI) says hi!

HI KATE,
Haha Really! It really is a Small world. We are at University of Maine at Farmington (not the real one. hahah) We are meeting the Disney Rep tomorrow, but if her name is Gretchen I will deffinately mention you. Did you go to School in Maine? Actually, are you a rep of have you done the CP and AI. Either way you have been an amazing Help to both of us. Deffinately spreading the Pixie Dust.

No, I'm not from Maine -- I go to school in Oklahoma. I did the CP in 2002 and have been a rep since I came back to school. I'm currently applying for an AI in College Recruiting, and Gretchen did my phone interview last week. She's great!

We Just met with Gretchen at our Career Fair. We mentioned you, kate, and she said "hi". We have our Presentation tonite. I decided I am not going to do the interview this time around I feel like it would take away from next September when I go for real.

I am just nervous that I won't get in for next Spring.... What are my chances?
I have an AMAZING RESUME (3 jobs with kids of all ages, as well as Marine Law Enforcement)
Mediocre Grades
Very Sociable
Great Personal Skills

While I am not a recruiter and can't really speak to anything, I think you have a great shot. You're extremely enthusiastic, and that plus great personality are some of the common traits you'll find with all CPs. Don't worry about your grades; as long as you're in good standing with your school, you'll be fine!

I think the fact that you've already taken the initiative to get everything approved with your advisors and meet your recruiter the semester before you even apply shows GREAT enthusiasm, excitement, and dedication. It's obvious that the CP is something you really want to do, and that'll help you more than anything else. Good luck!

Well everyone. We just had our Presentation..... WHY CAN'T IT BE FALL ALREADY... I WANT TO INTERVIEW. THANK YOU SO MUCH KATE, AGAIN. I might ask about 100000000 questions between now and the Fall. And Good luck for your AI that Gretchen interviewed you for. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH from both of us (Marcsminnie & 2xited4disney)

Kate you have been such a great help to us!!! I am SO excited to interview for the fall... I could not stop dreaming about Disney last night! Good luck with your AI :)

2Xited4Disney said:
WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: .....
my advisor just approved me for 15 credits for the CP... Wahooo... I guess now all i have to do is get accepted for next spring

My daughter is thinking about the CP. What do you have to do to get 15 credits besides getting accepted and working your assignment? Do you pay your tuition to your university?

You can get the credits through her school... she has to find a faculty member who deems the CP as worthy enough for credits. OR she could take the classes offered at WDW. They are approved by the ACE (American Council for Education I believe) which makes them credit worthy. Once again, she would have to find faculty members to support her and give her credit upon completion for the courses. As far as I know, you pay tuition to the university but no room and board. The living expenses will come out of her paycheck while she works in Disney. I hope I helped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter