Nervous!

Jewelss37

Mouseketeer
Hi! So I am going on my first cruise in Feb. Mexcian Riviera. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I am nervous about choppy waters/feeling seasick and wondering how many have cruised the MR whether on DCL or other line in Feb and how was your experience? cold, windy??Also when you are on the boat, do you constantly feel it rocking? or do you just eventually forget about it? Thanks!!

I have cruised in Feb., but not Mexican Rivera. I've cruised Mexican Rivera but not in Feb.

That said, the ship has excellent stabilizers that handle most of the movement. We've had a few "rough seas" experiences, but in general, I don't notice the movement after the first day. My daughter says it rocks her to sleep.

I have cruised in Feb., but not Mexican Rivera. I've cruised Mexican Rivera but not in Feb.

That said, the ship has excellent stabilizers that handle most of the movement. We've had a few "rough seas" experiences, but in general, I don't notice the movement after the first day. My daughter says it rocks her to sleep.

Thanks!

It's hit or miss. Some cruises you dont feel a thing and other times it's rocky.

Was on the Wonder a few weeks ago and it was rocking more than any other time I've been on it...enough one night to make the closet door slide open by itself a few times. But's rare for it to get that bad. A front was about to move through so the waters were a bit choppy.

You tend to get used to it after awhile. People who get motion sickness are usually fine with a Dramamine or Bonine.

Hi again Jewels!
I've heard that if your room is more to the center of the ship you feel less rocking.
A friend of mine is going on the MR cruise 2 weeks before us, so I will let you know what she has to say about it upon her return!;)
If you're bothered my motion sickness you should look into one of the over the counter meds.

I tended to notice it coming back to the home port rather than going down. I think it's the way the currents are heading north versus south and the fact that they're racing to make it back to LA from Cabo. That said, it wasn't all that bad, just a little movement on an RCI ship one night. What helped for my wife was getting a midship stateroom, as movement is minimized in that location.

I have sailed it and I can honestly say that I cant remember any rocking or much motion at all. It was all plain sailing!! Have fun

I'm pretty much feaking out! We are doing the 2 night cruise to nowhere out of LA and without any port stops we could be rocking for 2 days straight! I'm especially nervous about the water conditions in the Pacific in January. I'm praying to God that it's a nice weekend for our cruise. I've got my mom and dad and sis and her kids who have never cruised coming with us. This may not be a good time for a "try-it-out" cruise.:scared1:

My first cruise we were chasing a hurricane. I would just make sure that you have tried your sea sick meds on land in advance to make sure they don't make you sleepy. All you need are good sea sick meds and even the a person who always gets motion sick (me!) will get their sea legs!

Oh, and keep your belly full. Eating often is supposed to help! (Or maybe I just told myself that.. :rolleyes1)

I've been on 5 Disney Caribbean cruises and none have been that bad at all. My question is this.....is the Pacific worse than the Atlantic? I'm on the PC cruise and curious what it'll be like once we get out of the canal!

We've done MR in Feb. June, and November. All were smooth sailing.

We did the Mexican Riviera the first year. We found that the first night out and last night out it was extremely windy. It was hard to walk on deck those 2 days. We were also on deck 2 midship. The closer you are to the waterline the less movement you will feel.

I've been on 5 Disney Caribbean cruises and none have been that bad at all. My question is this.....is the Pacific worse than the Atlantic? I'm on the PC cruise and curious what it'll be like once we get out of the canal!

I did the 2005 Eastbound Panama crossing. We had to miss one port due to a hurricane, but the Captain was able to take us around that so we didn't experience bad weather or rough seas due to it. Other than that, I don't remember anything that was rough at all. It was an amazing cruise. I honestly don't remember the Pacific being rough, and KNOW I've had worse when returning to Port Canaveral.

As an above poster stated, the worst roughness is usually the last night, from Castaway Cay to Port Canaveral. I think it has to do with the currents and the fact that the captain can't do much to deviate the course at that point. Otherwise, they will try to sail around anything known to be rough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter