Nervous About Traveling as an Adult for the First Time

pvdprincess

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I'm heading out to WDW this week with my younger brother for a siblings trip! I'm 18 and have been to Disney several times, but have never travelled while being the "responsible adult in charge". There's no place I'm more confident in my abilities to navigate, etc. than Disney and have planned for anything that could possibly go wrong, but I'm feeling some last minute jitters about. Has anyone else been through a situation similar to this? Thank you! :figment:

Callist

Earning My Ears
Hon, everyone feels like this, the first time they do something as an adult! We've all been through it. ::smiles:: There's going to be a point where you aren't certain what to do - just ask the Cast Members, they'll help you out! They see it all the time.

Have you traveled alone before? Checked into a hotel room before? Paid for stuff on your own? Is there anything in particular you're feeling jittery about?

Ellie Webbs

Mouseketeer
I found that on my first adult trip the thing that made me feel really confident was having everything printed out just in case (reservations etc) and all in a dedicated folder. Keep all your important bits and bobs together in one place.
A nicely colour coordinated checklist never hurt anyone lol! Including writing down important numbers to call, I don't know about you but I don't memorize phone numbers anymore!
Maybe set up some ground rules with your brother. I'm sure you are both very reliable and responsible but an open conversation always helps 😊 and will hopefully take some of your nerves away.
I'm sure you will have an amazing time!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News