Nervous about renting condo

queen_bee

Earning My Ears
Our vacation time is almost here.:banana: I'm getting so excited. Hubby and I were talking last night about our trip and he asked me if I've actually ever talked to the person we are renting our condo from. I haven't, we've only corresponded through e-mail. I received my confirmation with instructions on how to enter the condo, etc.

He's worried and thinks I should actually call her on the phone just to make sure she is real. I honestly never even gave it a thought. He said, what a nightmare that would be to go down there and have paid the money and not have a place to stay. I told him he was being silly, but now the more I'm thinking about it, I'm a little worried.

We are staying at Windsor Hills.

I can sympathsize with you. :hug: I have never rented a condo so, not much help. I just wanted to let you know I can certainly understand how you thought it should be fine based on reading others experiences on these boards you are probably fine since it is Windsor Hills and all. That being said, I guess you could call the person, and it might relieve some of the worry from you and your husband. But, then again, they could just continue the fraud over the phone as well as in email. The best bet would be to check their site and see if others recommend the place possibly someone here actually rented from them too.

Pixie Dust for you and your family and a great trip!:wizard:

the condo must have an association you can call and check that the person you are dealing with actually owns a condo there.

I sent an e-mail to the lady we rented a house from in a gated community and she quickly sent me the community management number to call for a reference. Anyone that owns/rents out a condo/home will understand your concerns.

I have to admit we were disapointed with the home. The pool was green and the maintenance staff didnt want to be bothered. The towels had hairs in them. The hot tub was stinky. We paid $1,600.00!!

When I emailed her a very nice email about the problems, so it wouldnt happen to others, she never replied. It really wasnt her fault. She lives in London. It was the managements fault. I aslo included a lot of nice things about the home so it wasnt just all the bad stuff.

Next time I will get a referal from the Disboards or stay on-site.

Im sure you'll be fine. Most people do not have problems! Have a great time!

I'm sure everything will be fine but as LauraAnn630 suggests try and get the Management Company name and telephone number. Any owner will not have a problem with you asking for this information. You can then give them a quick call before you go :goodvibes

Tracey

I had the same concerns. To ease my mind, I checked tax records to see that the person to whom I was sending my money actually OWNED the property I was renting. If you scroll down in this forum, there's a listing in one of the threads for the tax auditor's website.

We've rented homes lots of times and I think I've only spoken to a couple of the owners, everything else was done by email. I did check tax records and made some inquiries on the DIS. Actually one of the owners called me, I think she wanted to find out if I existed. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!