Nemesis Challenge: MY Side of the Epic Half Marathon Showdown. *Updated 2/13 Page 5*

Replying from my phone... I'll be back to comment on what I can see are mostly lies.. that didn't take long
Hi Tim. Glad to see you.

Excellent a comparison thread.

This should be good.
It should be. There's no guarantees that it will be. But I'm sure it will be up to my normal standards. :thumbsup2

I figured that was the case. I'm glad you're going to be around to help keep him honest.

Oh, yeah. Hi Barry.
Hi Andy! I'll try to make Tim look good in this version. ;)

:wave2: just remember there is always two sides to a story then there is the truth:rotfl2:

Trip Reports are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. And most of them are filled with nuts.

:thumbsup2 Glad you started the report! I can't believe how big Ryder is compared to the pictures in your other TR!

Looking forward to the rest!
He just keeps eating! We can't stop him! (Not that we've ever tried or anything...)

Yep, I'm along for this one too. :yay:
Excellent. When can we expect yours? :confused3:)
'bout time...

Sign me up.
I wanted to give Tim a head start. So I could come back later and correct all the stuff he got wrong. :)

She is the CEO and owner of Team Barry. Was ever since you said I do. I am just glad I wasn't fired as GM leading up to the race.
You did a heck of a job, CJ. I'll see if I can get you a promotion for next year!

hmm, im thinking there will be more truth told over here.::yes::
Of course there will. Even if you did two time me and post the same thing on Tim's thread. :stir:

I'm in! Ever get that feeling of deja vu?:confused3
Yes! Hey, didn't Mark just ask me that?

:thumbsup2

Didn't you just ask me that?
Didn't I just ask you that?

This is like deja vu all over again. :lmao:
Now my head is starting to hurt...

True story!
Thankfully we have Randall to keep us all straight.

Page 2 again!

Clearly I didn't win this race...
Close enough! :thumbsup2

Checking in to support Team Tim... :thumbsup2
Hi Paul. :headache:

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Amanda
Welcome Amanda! I've been swamped with my DIS time - are you writing a TR about your races? How did you do?

So is the subtitle for this version called the Rebuttal?
hehehehehehe you said butt. hehehehehehe

well i didnt want to pick sides so i just typed that on both reports, :)

since i figured you guys would have slightly different versions of who smoked who and how it went down.:thumbsup2
:thumbsup2

Okay, since I'm reading along with Tim, now that you've started I figured for balance I should read the story from the other point of view....... :rotfl2:

Running just for running's sake has never appealed to me, and I haven't done hardly any of it except when it is a part of other sports. I really can't envision myself taking on something like this, but I do have to say that your Couch to 5k Program piqued my interest............. :rolleyes1

Okay, since I'm reading along with Tim, now that you've started I figured for balance I should read the story from the other point of view....... :rotfl2:
Welcome!
Running just for running's sake has never appealed to me, and I haven't done hardly any of it except when it is a part of other sports. I really can't envision myself taking on something like this, but I do have to say that your Couch to 5k Program piqued my interest............. :rolleyes1
You sound exactly like me around this time last year. But we decided to go for it to try and get healthy, and what do you know - I actually like it! Not only are you working your body while out running, but you're giving your mind time to rest - nothing to think about, nothing to worry about, no distractions. I highly suggest looking into a Couch to 5k. It eases you into running so you don't get hurt or discouraged. Good Luck!

Excellent. When can we expect yours? :confused3:)

Not sure if I was really planning on doing one.

Did you guys get the email with your personalized post race page? I printed out both versions. I like the blue better than the red. I think this will go in my frame with the medal, shirt, and other stuff.

jmwest said:

Did you guys get the email with your personalized post race page? I printed out both versions. I like the blue better than the red. I think this will go in my frame with the medal, shirt, and other stuff.

No I didn't get that email.. time to search the junk folder.

Ahhh another thread to lurk on. Checking in. I will try to keep up.

I'm also behind on my Disboards activity.
I finished the Goofy and had a good experience. Life fell apart right before the race with my mom passing away unexpectedly over Christmas and then I got sick the week leading up to the race. Not fun.
I walked the half marathon and finished just under 3:04 (14:01 min/mile) and then finished the full just under 5:52 (13:25 min/mile). I was satisfied with my full marathon time. I would have liked 5:30 but with the heat and humidity and a sinus infection, I was pretty happy to finish strong.
I don't know the details of your race results either so I'm eagerly following both you and Tim!

Amanda

Just make stuff up. It's easier that way.
I did. Agree, the blue one is much better. Not going to fit in the shadow box with my shirt and medal, but it still looks pretty cool.

No I didn't get that email.. time to search the junk folder.
I messaged your link to you.

Ahhh another thread to lurk on. Checking in. I will try to keep up.
Welcome! Lurk away!

I'm also behind on my Disboards activity.
I finished the Goofy and had a good experience. Life fell apart right before the race with my mom passing away unexpectedly over Christmas and then I got sick the week leading up to the race. Not fun.
So sorry to hear that. :hug: Glad you were still able to make it down so you could get away from that at least for a few hours.
I walked the half marathon and finished just under 3:04 (14:01 min/mile) and then finished the full just under 5:52 (13:25 min/mile). I was satisfied with my full marathon time. I would have liked 5:30 but with the heat and humidity and a sinus infection, I was pretty happy to finish strong.
I don't know the details of your race results either so I'm eagerly following both you and Tim!

Amanda
I won't spoil the ending then, but congrats on your races!

The Half Marathon was on January 12, 2013. Sure, we could have flown down on Thursday the 10th or even Friday the 11th and made it all work. But with Bambi's birthday being January 9th, what's a few more days out of school for the kids in exchange for Bambi getting Casey's Corn Dog Nuggets and a Dole Whip on her birthday? Exactly. So we booked the flight for the 9th.

Madison and Evan did go to school for a couple of hours while we finished up the last minute packing. We picked them up around 10 and made it to the airport by 10:30ish. The security line was pretty long but move quick enough that we made it to the gate before our plane did.

DSCF0715.JPG

There is a nice little pizza joint down Concourse C in Milwaukee, so we grabbed a couple of them for lunch. Unfortunately, they only sold Pepsi, but a quick stop next door at Auntie Annie's Pretzels saved us with some Diet Cokes. :thumbsup2

The flight was pretty uneventful. Ryder slept just about the entire time, except when he was browsing SkyMall for the latest cool stuff.

IMG_0896.jpg

Madison and Evan watched some movies on my laptop and phone and played with the toys they packed.

IMG_0898.jpg

We met Bambi's parents at baggage claim and packed all of our stuff into and on top of their van. Which wasn't the easiest, considering it was 80° and humid and I was still wearing my Wisconsin winter clothes.

In no time we were arriving at Old Key West dropping all of our stuff into the room. A quick picture of the kids' balloons (compliments of the front desk) and a towel flower. So pretty!

IMG_0900.jpg

In no time we were hopping on a bus to Magic Kingdom.

IMG_4596.JPG

To our surprise, the Magic Kingdom was still all decked out in it's holiday finest. I would have assumed that it would all have been down by January 9th, but it was nice to see.

Evan, showing off his strength by holding up a Christmas Tree. The kid loves his vegetables, and it shows.

IMG_4599.JPG

We wandered up Main Street, just taking in the atmosphere.

43927920006.jpg

But it was dinner time, and we had Casey's on our mind. No, it's not exactly gourmet, but it's what we like. So there. Here's Evan's chili dog and my BBQ Slaw dog. It was OK, but the bun sucked. Next time: stick to the corn dog nuggets.

IMG_4609.JPG

The fries were a big hit with the toothless crowd, however.

IMG_0901.jpg

After finishing up dinner, we made a bee line over to Aloha Isle for a Birthday Dole Whip. (Please excuse the washed out iPhone picture.)

IMG_0902.jpg

Which, with those cute little puppy dog eyes Ryder makes, quickly turned into his first Dole Whip.

IMG_4610.JPG

After the Dole Whips, we crossed the path to Tinker Bell's meet & greet.

43927920020.jpg

Right after Tinker Bell was Periwinkle, who is evidently Tinker Bell's sister or something. Madison has seen the movie and I got the "Madison Notes" version, which is basically the entire thing, but in some completely random order with a bunch of commentary mixed it.

43927920026.jpg

43927920038.jpg

Evan was less than pleased to have to stand around while Madison mixed and mingled with the fairies, so we let him pick the next attraction. His choice? The Jungle Cruise. Chip off the old block, there. First time we rode it at night. Interesting experience.

IMG_4627.JPG

Unfortunately, something else started while on the boat ride - fireworks. The park was open until 9 that night, and I assumed Wishes would be at 9. Turns out, they ran MSEP at 7 and 9 and Wishes at 8. Crud. That was Bambi's 3rd birthday wish - Corn Dog Nuggets, Dole Whips and Wishes. Next time, sweetie, I promise.

Aladdin's carpets was a walk on after we got off the boat, so we did a quick spin before calling it a night and heading back to the room to crash for the night.

IMG_4629.JPG

UP NEXT: The Race Expo, Packet Pickup, and a Jammed LA Freeway.

The Half Marathon was on January 12, 2013. Sure, we could have flown down on Thursday the 10th or even Friday the 9th and made it all work.
That's some calendar you have there in Wisconsin. :rolleyes2

It's like the weeks count up and the days count down. :lmao:

But with Bambi's birthday being January 9th, what's a few more days out of school for the kids in exchange for Bambi getting Casey's Corn Dog Nuggets and a Dole Whip on her birthday? Exactly. So we booked the flight for the 9th.
Friday right? :scratchin

The security line was pretty long but move quick enough that we made it to the gate before our plane did.
It's always long when you have kids. I bet if you left them home there would of been no lines. Not sure what your house would of looked like when you got home though. :confused3

The flight was pretty uneventful. Ryder slept just about the entire time, except when he was browsing SkyMall for the latest cool stuff.
Did he buy the 'grass' cube so the dog could pee in the grass while inside?

We met Bambi's parents at baggage claim and packed all of our stuff into and on top of their van. Which wasn't the easiest, considering it was 80° and humid and I was still wearing my Wisconsin winter clothes.
Bad planning on your part. I wore shorts to the airport in the 20 degree temps. :hyper:

In no time we were arriving at Old Key West dropping all of our stuff into the room. A quick picture of the kids' balloons (compliments of the front desk) and a towel flower. So pretty!
Lucky you got a room right away. :furious:

Evan, showing off his strength by holding up a Christmas Tree. The kid loves his vegetables, and it shows.
That kid is diesel!!!!!

But it was dinner time, and we had Casey's on our mind. No, it's not exactly gourmet, but it's what we like. So there. Here's Evan's chili dog and my BBQ Slaw dog. It was OK, but the bun sucked. Next time: stick to the corn dog nuggets.
We've never eaten at Casey's. We aren't the biggest fan of hotdogs. :duck:

After finishing up dinner, we made a bee line over to Aloha Isle for a Birthday Dole Whip. (Please excuse the washed out iPhone picture.)
Happy Birthday Bambi!!!!!! :wave2:

Why is she drinking my Dole Whip? :confused3

Which, with those cute little puppy dog eyes Ryder makes, quickly turned into his first Dole Whip.
Nice job grooming him. :lmao:

Right after Tinker Bell was Periwinkle, who is evidently Tinker Bell's sister or something. Madison has seen the movie and I got the "Madison Notes" version, which is basically the entire thing, but in some completely random order with a bunch of commentary mixed it.
....and you didn't know this?

Evan was less than pleased to have to stand around while Madison mixed and mingled with the fairies, so we let him pick the next attraction. His choice? The Jungle Cruise. Chip off the old block, there. First time we rode it at night. Interesting experience.
Still get to see the backside of water?

Unfortunately, something else started while on the boat ride - fireworks. The park was open until 9 that night, and I assumed Wishes would be at 9. Turns out, they ran MSEP at 7 and 9 and Wishes at 8. Crud. That was Bambi's 3rd birthday wish - Corn Dog Nuggets, Dole Whips and Wishes. Next time, sweetie, I promise.
:sad2: You should be ashamed of yourself.

FreezinRafiki said:
The Half Marathon was on January 12, 2013. Sure, we could have flown down on Thursday the 10th or even Friday the 9th and made it all work.

Huh?

FreezinRafiki said:
But with Bambi's birthday being January 9th, what's a few more days out of school for the kids in exchange for Bambi getting Casey's Corn Dog Nuggets and a Dole Whip on her birthday? Exactly. So we booked the flight for the 9th.

Good move there space ranger.

FreezinRafiki said:
To our surprise, the Magic Kingdom was still all decked out in it's holiday finest. I would have assumed that it would all have been down by January 9th, but it was nice to see.
Score!

So what you're saying is I wasn't being lazy leaving up my lights until Jan 12. Disney did too.

FreezinRafiki said:

Uh oh. Another master of the puns in the making.

FreezinRafiki said:

Too bad about the Wishes timing. Just need to try again to get the trifecta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter