Neighborhoods that are like living on a College Campus

Is the social media being use Facebook, Nextdoor, eNeighbors, etc?

I know as much as some stuff slide in Nextdoor here that kind of stuff just wouldn't last long because it would be considered abuse of the site. I don't think eNeighbors would work either because it would be considered abuse of the site based on how things go around here.

Facebook is a whole 'nother animal though.

Banners and whatnot don't fly in my neighborhood (other than like graduation ones). You can't put up signs either in your yard unless they are for a garage/yard sale. I love that really because when the political races get going I have to see them in the streets to get into my neighborhood but once in my neighborhood it's like a mini-haven lol.

I'll agree with others this title and description doesn't scream college campus to me, it just screams judgy,pushy, immature (in their tactics), etc.

This sounds super weird. I'd blatantly ignore ALL of this crap. Don't even read the posts on the social media site, or just leave the group. Let them ring your bell and answer every question or demand with my husband's favorite response: "No thanks, I'm good." Just keep repeating that and only that. It drives people NUTS.They get the point eventually.

Is the social media being use Facebook, Nextdoor, eNeighbors, etc?

I know as much as some stuff slide in Nextdoor here that kind of stuff just wouldn't last long because it would be considered abuse of the site. I don't think eNeighbors would work either because it would be considered abuse of the site based on how things go around here.

Facebook is a whole 'nother animal though.

Banners and whatnot don't fly in my neighborhood (other than like graduation ones). You can't put up signs either in your yard unless they are for a garage/yard sale. I love that really because when the political races get going I have to see them in the streets to get into my neighborhood but once in my neighborhood it's like a mini-haven lol.

I'll agree with others this title and description doesn't scream college campus to me, it just screams judgy,pushy, immature (in their tactics), etc.

and that's legal? I always thought that lawn signs endorsing a candidate (not after the fact and while they're in office) and even those "no soliciting" signs....don't apply to political candidates or their representatives.

and that's legal? I always thought that lawn signs endorsing a candidate (not after the fact and while they're in office) and even those "no soliciting" signs....don't apply to political candidates or their representatives.
I'm not exactly understanding what you're meaning.

Are you asking if it's legal that you cannot have political signs in my neighborhood?

Or are you asking if it's legal to have the political signs on the streets leading up to my neighborhood?

I'm not exactly understanding what you're meaning.

Are you asking if it's legal that you cannot have political signs in my neighborhood?

Or are you asking if it's legal to have the political signs on the streets leading up to my neighborhood?

Sorry - let me try again.....

Its always been my understanding that you can put election yard signs on your lawn. No village, city, town or HOA can prohibit you from doing it 30 days prior to an election and then they must come down the day after the election.

Sounds like Christmas with the Kranks, except it's funny when it's not real.

Just another day I'm glad to live in the boonies with no neighbors in sight.

I would be annoyed with what your neighbors are doing to, but I really don't get what that has to do with living on a college campus or being in a sorority. Not sure where you went to college or if you were in a sorority, but my experience with both is nothing like what you described.

Its always been my understanding that you can put election yard signs on your lawn. No village, city, town or HOA can prohibit you from doing it 30 days prior to an election and then they must come down the day after the election.
I did some digging, because I've yet to see a home in the neighborhood go against that HOA rule (and there are 600ish homes now) but your question piqued my interest.

It's 45 days before and I believe 2 or 5 days after for our state. Looks like in 2008 the state law was adjusted giving cities less control over political signs (and byproduct HOAs and whatnot) other than they have control over size of sign and things like how far back the sign must be.

So if you're asking for my state in particular, you could legally put a sign there, question is would you want to when you know your HOA you signed into doesn't allow for it. Some people may but they haven't in my particular neighborhood.

Some homes would be restricted based on things like setback allowance (which for the city is 10feet from all property lines and the site distance triangle which is "a triangular shaped portion of land established at street intersections in which nothing is erected, placed, planted or allowed to grow in such a manner as to limit or obstruct the sight distance of motorists entering or leaving an intersection", fire hydrants, intersections, public utilities, bus stops, sidewalks, etc.

If you're talking about the Supreme Court's decision to my understanding it's governmental entities like cities can’t stop homeowners from displaying political yard signs but HOAs aren't government entities (usually)--so a loophole if you will typically excluding them; state laws would vary of course. In this case my state allows for it. In other states an HOA may have the overreaching control.

Unless the state in question has a law against it, HOA's can have a covenant against signs. Ours only allows one real estate sign if your house is for sale. Otherwise nope. Can't stand em anyway. They never get cleaned up and they end up eyesores for 4 months.

Thanks for your answers, everyone. I was starting to think this was something new! I've also been feeling crazy--I bought a blackout shade for the window on our front door so people can't see in and know we are home!!

And I likened it to living on a college campus as it reminds me of it with all of the organized events and pep rally type of things held a couple of times a month. Just three weeks ago, the woman across from us had a live band event in her driveway for the cause of that week. Our only concern was to get back home before it began so we could get into our driveway. As long as it's not after 10 PM and we can get into the driveway, we don't care what they do as long as they don't bother us to participate.

We're tired of this as they've become more aggressive lately. I can't say anything as people would be out here with torches and pitchforks. Some poor old man complained on the site last week about being upset with the door to door stuff and got lambasted. We are introverts and just want to come and go and enjoy our home when we are here. We have our own causes and charities we quietly donate to or volunteer for. I can't stand the way these moms use this as photo ops for there kids, always posting pictures of their kids handing checks or donations over.

Thanks for your answers, everyone. I was starting to think this was something new! I've also been feeling crazy--I bought a blackout shade for the window on our front door so people can't see in and know we are home!!

And I likened it to living on a college campus as it reminds me of it with all of the organized events and pep rally type of things held a couple of times a month. Just three weeks ago, the woman across from us had a live band event in her driveway for the cause of that week. Our only concern was to get back home before it began so we could get into our driveway. As long as it's not after 10 PM and we can get into the driveway, we don't care what they do as long as they don't bother us to participate.

We're tired of this as they've become more aggressive lately. I can't say anything as people would be out here with torches and pitchforks. Some poor old man complained on the site last week about being upset with the door to door stuff and got lambasted. We are introverts and just want to come and go and enjoy our home when we are here. We have our own causes and charities we quietly donate to or volunteer for. I can't stand the way these moms use this as photo ops for there kids, always posting pictures of their kids handing checks or donations over.

I am an introvert too, but there is NO WAY I'd stop my complaining or saying my thoughts on the matter for fear of online bullying and lambasting from these jerks. Bring.It.On.

Not that I want to start a war with my neighbors--I think we all agree that we need peaceful harmony in our homes/neighborhoods but I would be making it very clear where I stand on this and I if they continued to harass me online, I would have no problem pointing out to them publicly that they are behaving like a bunch of 13 year olds with no social media skills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!