Needing a good dose of our "Happy Place" Updated 11/11

I was struggling to find princess dresses for Rae when STLMickeyMom offered to make her a tutu. She made her two and a shirt!!:lovestruc
Rachel loves them and I had a hard time getting pictures because she constantly spins in them. Someone at school told her she is too old to wear tutus :headache: but I have convinced he that in Disney, princesses can wear whatever makes them feel good. She wants to wear the red one when she has her picture taken with Minnie. Thank you,STLMickeyMom!!!:hug:

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The dedication of Tyler's memorial at the school was beautiful. One of Tyler's friends did it, with a lot of help, for his Eagle Scout project. The football team will run by it on the way to the football field and touch the helmet for good luck and let Tyler know they are thinking of him. Tyler loved football and was being heavily recruited to play in college.

Up next...Day Four plans

So sorry to hear your surgery was rough . Hope you feel better soon

Sending lots of hugs your way to help you at the dedication (((((hugs ))))

I had typed that previous post earlier but apparently never hit send . Sorry

Love the tutus . Hate when others try to make kids grow up so fast . Glad you were able to convince okay to wear at Disney

What a beautiful memorial to Tyler. Very well done

(((hugs))

Oh my gosh!! I LOVE THE TWIRLING PICTURE! Exactly what you should do in a tutu! And I think they look perfectly princess-y on her (if I do say so myself! :rotfl:)! I am so glad they fit and that she likes them!

The memorial for Tyler is so beautiful! What a wonderful way to remember him, for you and his teammates. I love the fact that they will pass it and touch it for luck before a game. What an awesome tribute!

Day Four
Ak/MK/HS
HS 9-10

We had the EMH at HS the night before. This morning depends on what we got to do the night before. If the group wants to ride TSM more than once on this day then we will get to HS before rope drop.If not, we may sleep a little later. HS is one of my favorite parks and the shows make it difficult to plan for me.

My original plan is to get there before rope drop. DH goes to get regular FP for us(if we still can get these) for TSM while the rest of us ride RNRC and TOT standby.Maybe ride Star Tours depending on time.

Some of us will go to the Beauty and Beast show at 10:30am
Some will go to Indiana Jones at 11:15am

Lunch at Pizza Planet

We will use FPs that DH got in the morning(fingers crossed)
FP+ for TSM 12:40-1:40
FP+ for RNRC 3:55-4:55

We also want to do the Art class again, Great Movie Ride,Studio Backlot Tour,One Mans Dream

We have FP+ for Fantasmic at 5:55-6:15. I have read that this is a waste of a FP+ but I am afraid to mess with it. We will leave it as it is for now.

After Fantasmic! we will look at the Osbourne lights until our ADR at SciFi at 8:25

No EMH this evening, so back to the resort after dinner to collapse.

This park is hard to plan for me.:( Any suggestions would be great. We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!:yay::cheer2::woohoo:

Love DHS. One of my favorite parks. The shows times do make it hard to plan for sure. Always need 1and half day for this park at least if you want to hit all the shows

2 weeks!!!! So exciting:dance3:

So sorry to hear your surgery was rough . Hope you feel better soon

Sending lots of hugs your way to help you at the dedication (((((hugs ))))
Thanks!:goodvibes I am starting to feel better. Now I have to be careful not to overdo it. Need to be pain free for Disney:banana:
I had typed that previous post earlier but apparently never hit send . Sorry

Love the tutus . Hate when others try to make kids grow up so fast . Glad you were able to convince okay to wear at Disney

What a beautiful memorial to Tyler. Very well done

(((hugs))
Thank you.:hug: We think the memorial is beautiful. I wish I could keep Rae young. They grow up so fast!:(
Oh my gosh!! I LOVE THE TWIRLING PICTURE! Exactly what you should do in a tutu! And I think they look perfectly princess-y on her (if I do say so myself! :rotfl:)! I am so glad they fit and that she likes them!

The memorial for Tyler is so beautiful! What a wonderful way to remember him, for you and his teammates. I love the fact that they will pass it and touch it for luck before a game. What an awesome tribute!

Thank you.:hug: She has twirled all over the house. I think my niece is getting a tutu made so that she can wear one with Rae in Disney. She is sixteen and so sweet. She wants to prove that they are not too old to be princesses in Disney. I bought all the girls tiaras too.princess:

I think my niece is getting a tutu made so that she can wear one with Rae in Disney. She is sixteen and so sweet. She wants to prove that they are not too old to be princesses in Disney. I bought all the girls tiaras too.princess:

Your niece is so sweet!! Of course she's not too old to wear a tutu and I'm glad her cousin feels the same! Oh, I love a tiara! I used to wear the one I got for our wedding around the house--you know, because vacuuming is better when you wear a tiara! :rotfl: I think you all are going to have such a great time!

What a wonderful memorial Amy :hug:

I love the tutu's, they're so cute and you can definitely see Rae is very pleased with them :goodvibes

The memorial is beautiful! Love the Scriptures on it.

Hope you are feeling better from your surgery. Surgeries stink!!!

That is a beautiful tribute to your DS! It really seems like you have a very strong support system in place, which is so wonderful. What a great community you must live in.:flower3:

I am so glad your DD loves her tutus. She looks great in them. And in Disney you are never too old to do anything that is part of the magic there! STLMickeyMom is such a sweet person, that was so nice of her to make them for your girl!

Love DHS. One of my favorite parks. The shows times do make it hard to plan for sure. Always need 1and half day for this park at least if you want to hit all the shows

2 weeks!!!! So exciting:dance3:
I love DHS too!:cheer2: I never understand when people say it is a 1/2 day park :confused3
That is such a wonderful memorial!
Thank you! I think they did a fabulous job.:thumbsup2
Your niece is so sweet!! Of course she's not too old to wear a tutu and I'm glad her cousin feels the same! Oh, I love a tiara! I used to wear the one I got for our wedding around the house--you know, because vacuuming is better when you wear a tiara! :rotfl: I think you all are going to have such a great time!
Love that!:lmao: I am not a tiara person but my baby girl is and no one will make her feel weird about it,if this mama bear can help it.:furious:
What a wonderful memorial Amy :hug:

I love the tutu's, they're so cute and you can definitely see Rae is very pleased with them :goodvibes
Thanks,Jo.:) We are blessed that he was chosen for the project. We knew he touched a lot of lives,he was very unique. Not perfect but someone you didn't forget. We had many people come to the memorial that he had only met once.We greeted people for over four hours,people waited as much as three hours in line.:faint: Rae loves the tutus! pixiedust:
The memorial is beautiful! Love the Scriptures on it.

Hope you are feeling better from your surgery. Surgeries stink!!!
Thank you.:grouphug: I think the scripture they picked is perfect .:thumbsup2 I am feeling better but overdid it and ended up sleeping for almost two days.:scared: Way behind now!!:sad:
That is a beautiful tribute to your DS! It really seems like you have a very strong support system in place, which is so wonderful. What a great community you must live in.:flower3:

I am so glad your DD loves her tutus. She looks great in them. And in Disney you are never too old to do anything that is part of the magic there! STLMickeyMom is such a sweet person, that was so nice of her to make them for your girl!
We do have a great support system. :grouphug: We put the kids into a small school 3 1/2 years ago. It saved us through this tragedy. My kids are watched every day by dozens of "moms" who love them. There are only 13 kids in Rachel's class and my other kid's whole grades only have about 30. In their other schools they had that many in one class. Just to show how "intimate" it is.
I agree that STLMickeymom was super sweet to make the tutus and shirt for Rae!:littleangel: I think that Rae will get carried away in the Magic and see anything is possible.pixiedust:

Day Five
MK/EP
HS/AK

Our first full day at Magic Kingdom!:cloud9:

One of the "first look at the Castle" pictures

We plan to be at the park before Rope Drop. We will start the morning with the bigger rides that have long lines later in the day.

Lunch at Crystal Palace at 11:45am

We have FP+ for :
Mickeys Phiharmagic 2:15-3:15

Space Mountain 4:00-5:00

(I hope to catch the 3:00 parade in between)

We will have dinner at either Cosmic Rays or Columbia Harbour House.

FP+ for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 6:00-7:00

We want to watch Wishes and catch one of the Electric Parades at 9 pm or 11pm.

What Rae thought of fireworks, the first time.

The next day we are sleeping in so there is a good chance we will stay until the park closes, 1:00am:banana:

Sounds like a great plan!!! I bet she will enjoy the fireworks a LOT more this time around! :laughing:

Love the ride photos of your kids. Looks like they had a blast!

Love the fireworks photo. It looks like she is saying, MAKE THEM STOP!!!

:lmao:

Sounds great to me! I'd kind of like to see the 3:00 parade but my DH is not a fan of parades and I've already told him we're going to try to see dream along with Mickey and MSEP, so I guess I'd better not push my luck! :rotfl:

I love the first seeing the castle and what's with the crazy noise pictures! Too cute!

Sounds like a great plan!!! I bet she will enjoy the fireworks a LOT more this time around! :laughing:

Love the ride photos of your kids. Looks like they had a blast!
Thanks! :thumbsup2I spent a lot of time taking ride photos,etc. Im thinking I didn't take much time to just enjoy but love the pics!
Love the fireworks photo. It looks like she is saying, MAKE THEM STOP!!!

:lmao:
Thanks!:flower3: She always acted like that in the beginning of each trip.

Sounds great to me! I'd kind of like to see the 3:00 parade but my DH is not a fan of parades and I've already told him we're going to try to see dream along with Mickey and MSEP, so I guess I'd better not push my luck! :rotfl:

I love the first seeing the castle and what's with the crazy noise pictures! Too cute!

Thank you!:goodvibes I always want to se parades but it seems that I am lucky to catch a little bit of a few.

Hey Amy.

Just checking in to see how are you.

Only 4 more days until your trip I believe

Is everyone excited? Are you packed?

pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter