Needing a good dose of our "Happy Place" Updated 11/11

My son used to say "real men wear pink"::yes::

I didn't ask my crew about colors.:scratchin They will have to live with my choices.:grouphug:

That is what my husband says. The only time I can get my son to wear pink is on Pink day at school for Breast Cancer awareness day. I found him a cute shirt at walmart. It has a stick figure with muscles and says Tough guys wear pink. He is okay with that one :goodvibes

Good call picking all the colors yourself :thumbsup2

Joining in :wave2:

So sorry for your loss. I really can't imagine how hard that must be for all of you. You guys need extra pixie dust pixiedust:

It looked like you pulled some magic to make everyone happy with those ADRs! I look forward to see if more.

Great job on the ADR's! You're making me hungry! I hope you're going to do a TR when you get back because I want to hear all about them.

I love that you're going with a big group! You are all going to have so much fun.

Did you do something fun for Peyton's birthday??

And WOOHOO about the Magic Bands!

Jo, you are laughing at me...:rolleyes: didn't take long to get back to our "old selves" :rolleyes1:rolleyes1
That was my plan xx :hug:

BTW, when is your trip??:cool1:
July 1st for 15 days at SSR, this year the girls both do big exams so they finish school a month early. It's saving us about $3,000 going this early as flights are cheaper :thumbsup2

55 days until we go!!!!:banana::cool1::banana::cool1:
yay :cheer2:

Today I got to customize our magic bands.:goodvibes
I have to get my mom a MDE so that we can connect her to our reservations and decide on FP+ selections. I really hope Disney continues to allow people to use regular FP while we are there. Three fast passes per day are not enough for my crew. Also, Thanksgiving Day is blocked off on mine to use FP+. Not sure if that's a mistake or it cant be used that day.:confused3
3 aren't enough for us either, I'm reading as much info as I can but my plan at the moment is to do rope drop with no FP's then schedule my FP+ for later in the day. When we last went you could still use FP's late so our normal touring will have to change dramatically :sad2:

That is what my husband says. The only time I can get my son to wear pink is on Pink day at school for Breast Cancer awareness day. I found him a cute shirt at walmart. It has a stick figure with muscles and says Tough guys wear pink. He is okay with that one :goodvibes

Good call picking all the colors yourself :thumbsup2
Sounds like a perfect shirt.:goodvibes
Joining in :wave2:

So sorry for your loss. I really can't imagine how hard that must be for all of you. You guys need extra pixie dust pixiedust:

It looked like you pulled some magic to make everyone happy with those ADRs! I look forward to see if more.
Thanks!:wave2: Pixie dust would be greatpixiedust:
Great job on the ADR's! You're making me hungry! I hope you're going to do a TR when you get back because I want to hear all about them.

I love that you're going with a big group! You are all going to have so much fun.

Did you do something fun for Peyton's birthday??

And WOOHOO about the Magic Bands!
I don't know if I will do a trip report.:confused3 Last time I did one I spent a lot of time on my trip taking notes. Then again I may do one because I love looking back at that report. the kids were so little!
That was my plan xx :hug:

July 1st for 15 days at SSR, this year the girls both do big exams so they finish school a month early. It's saving us about $3,000 going this early as flights are cheaper :thumbsup2

yay :cheer2:

3 aren't enough for us either, I'm reading as much info as I can but my plan at the moment is to do rope drop with no FP's then schedule my FP+ for later in the day. When we last went you could still use FP's late so our normal touring will have to change dramatically :sad2:

I agree about the FP+. Its going to change how we do things and we are going during a very busy time.:(
I might be in Disney when you are! Rae and I are getting AP passes and are going several times this summer when all the big kids are busy!:banana:

We went out to dinner on Peyton's birthday. Today we are having his "family" party. This year instead of the normal 20 people though...we are having over 50 people for a cook out!:crowded: I was feeling so sad that his brother isn't here with him to celebrate(their birthdays are three weeks apart)I kept saying yes when he asked to add people.I am very thankful that it is a beautiful day.

Someone said we shouldn't try to run from the holidays,that we should just face it.:rolleyes2 Easier said than done...

First of all, if they have never gone through something like this, they should just keep their mouth shut. Secondly, why is this running from the holiday? I didn't see it that way, at all. I saw it as the opposite. (When I go through horrible times, I have the tendency to crawl in bed, pull the covers over my head and stay there for weeks. :-/ that's kinda running and not coping.) I am sure it will be hard for you guys, but there is much potential to embrace a lot of joy there, too. ((Big hug))

First of all, if they have never gone through something like this, they should just keep their mouth shut. Secondly, why is this running from the holiday? I didn't see it that way, at all. I saw it as the opposite. (When I go through horrible times, I have the tendency to crawl in bed, pull the covers over my head and stay there for weeks. :-/ that's kinda running and not coping.) I am sure it will be hard for you guys, but there is much potential to embrace a lot of joy there, too. ((Big hug))
Thank you:grouphug:..I have to remind myself(and others)that everyone grieves differently. There have been times that I have crawled into bed to try to forget but its rare. I keep going for my kids.

It was like herding cats to get a photo of the kids at Peyton's birthday dinner but here it is. I think we ended up with 57 people. It's hard to have all the kids there without Tyler in the middle of them :sad1: After everyone left, Peyton said "Good party, mom". That is all I needed to hear.:thumbsup2 We take it one day at a time...

BTW, Peyton is the one sitting with our dog in his lap.

I might be in Disney when you are! Rae and I are getting AP passes and are going several times this summer when all the big kids are busy!:banana:
Oooh :thumbsup2

It was like herding cats to get a photo of the kids at Peyton's birthday dinner but here it is. I think we ended up with 57 people. It's hard to have all the kids there without Tyler in the middle of them :sad1: After everyone left, Peyton said "Good party, mom". That is all I needed to hear.:thumbsup2 We take it one day at a time...
I'm so pleased :goodvibes

I have decided to keep my budget in my report. I have been reading other Disers budgets and I want to look back after the trip to see how close I came to being accurate.:confused3
So far-
2 adults+ 2 teens
Caribbean Resort
11/23-11/30
7 day hoppers
Free Dining
$3,242.78

Rae ticket+ free dining(rooming with my friend technically,though it will be one of the older ones)
$242 because my friend owed me money:goodvibes

I will add the rest later, just realized the time!:scared: Have a doctor apt

But I am thinking tips,gas(driving), OOP food,souvenirs, hotel room on drive down, travel food..What am I missing??

I have decided to keep my budget in my report. I have been reading other Disers budgets and I want to look back after the trip to see how close I came to being accurate.:confused3
So far-
2 adults+ 2 teens
Caribbean Resort
11/23-11/30
7 day hoppers
Free Dining
$3,242.78

Rae ticket+ free dining(rooming with my friend technically,though it will be one of the older ones)
$242 because my friend owed me money:goodvibes

I will add the rest later, just realized the time!:scared: Have a doctor apt

But I am thinking tips,gas(driving), OOP food,souvenirs, hotel room on drive down, travel food..What am I missing??

It looks like you got an amazing deal! You might include some money for pre-trip shopping in the budget. (Snacks, entertainment etc.)

But I am thinking tips,gas(driving), OOP food,souvenirs, hotel room on drive down, travel food..What am I missing??[/SIZE]
I think you've remembered everything, remember if the kids get thirsty you can get iced water free at CS places :rotfl:

Hello, neighbor :wave2: We live in Tyrone, GA. My DH works in Newnan.

I want to offer my condolences as well. I remember hearing about your son on the news, and my heart broke for your family.

About the trip:

All your food choices sound like fun!

We also really liked CBR!

So where do you stay on your drive? Do you stay on the drive there and back at a hotel?

When we last went, my son (age 5) and I drove down straight through and then on the way back we stopped in Valdosta (we ate and toured MK until around 2 or 3). I found it easy to wake up at 4 am and start driving to Disney, but I didn't want to do that on the way home! (The other reason I did that on the way home was because on our 2009 trip, our car stalled on us, just DH and I, and we had to stay at a sketchy Super 8 motel at 2 am)

For our next trip in 2015, we will have a 9 year old and 2 nearly 3 year olds, so I am trying to figure out if we will do the same plan, no hotels and just straight driving, or hotels on both ends.

I think you've remembered everything, remember if the kids get thirsty you can get iced water free at CS places :rotfl:
Yuck!:scared: The water is gross. I will be taking a small soft sided cooler with waters. I can hang it on Grandmas wheelchair.:thumbsup2
Hello, neighbor :wave2: We live in Tyrone, GA. My DH works in Newnan.

I want to offer my condolences as well. I remember hearing about your son on the news, and my heart broke for your family.

About the trip:

All your food choices sound like fun!

We also really liked CBR!

So where do you stay on your drive? Do you stay on the drive there and back at a hotel?

When we last went, my son (age 5) and I drove down straight through and then on the way back we stopped in Valdosta (we ate and toured MK until around 2 or 3). I found it easy to wake up at 4 am and start driving to Disney, but I didn't want to do that on the way home! (The other reason I did that on the way home was because on our 2009 trip, our car stalled on us, just DH and I, and we had to stay at a sketchy Super 8 motel at 2 am)

For our next trip in 2015, we will have a 9 year old and 2 nearly 3 year olds, so I am trying to figure out if we will do the same plan, no hotels and just straight driving, or hotels on both ends.

Thank you for your condolences and for reading along.
This trip we will stop on the way . I think in Ocala(not sure if spelled correctly) because we aren't leaving until 2pm. The kids have to stay at school through third block. We won't stop on the way home.
I am fine driving straight there or back every time but my husband hates road trips.
It will be fun when you go back! Those are great ages.I am worried it won't be the same now that I have teenagers.

Yuck!:scared: The water is gross. I will be taking a small soft sided cooler with waters. I can hang it on Grandmas wheelchair.:thumbsup2
We hate the water fountain water but the cups of ice water tastes just like bottled to us :thumbsup2

I am worried it won't be the same now that I have teenagers.
We don't do road trips like you do (our little island isn't big enough) but this summer we drove 6 hours to Cornwall (bottom left hand bit of England!) and the kids didn't make a sound. They had their iPad/Kindle/iPods etc and were so good. Me however........ :rotfl:

We hate the water fountain water but the cups of ice water tastes just like bottled to us :thumbsup2

We don't do road trips like you do (our little island isn't big enough) but this summer we drove 6 hours to Cornwall (bottom left hand bit of England!) and the kids didn't make a sound. They had their iPad/Kindle/iPods etc and were so good. Me however........ :rotfl:

I don't know that I have actually tried a cup of ice water there. I assumed it tasted as bad as the water fountain. I guess now I will have to try!

I am not too worried about the drive to Disney. I am concerned that they won't like Disney as well now that they are older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!