Need to Purchase WDW Tickets for May 2022 Trip-How Long to Wait For Possible Ticket Promo?

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
I am giving my son’s family a WDW trip. I am going to buy the their tickets. Any thoughts there may be an upcoming promo? The trip is in May 2022. TIA!

I would be surprised if there is a general ticket promo between now and next spring. Maybe if you have APs or FL Res. tickets or own DVC as those groups occasionally have a deal. But the resorts are very full with high demand for travel now, and there is very little need for WDW to offer discount incentives to get folks. Of course, things may change and I do think you have plenty of time to hold off making park reservations for May -- just don't wait so long that you forget :)

I agree with @lanejudy--unless you have FL resident status, it seems very unlikely there will be a ticket deal as Disney almost never does them for anyone other than the Florida residents in regular times, and your son will be there in the 50th anniversary/"Covid revenge travel" period when attendance is expected to be high.

If you are a florida resident, I could see the argument for waiting. However, the downside to waiting is that if crowds continue to be as high as they are now (very likely), Disney may well decide to increase the price of tickets between now and May 2022. For that reason I would recommend buying now.

Not for nothing, I booked my April 2022 trip in March, and when I checked availability for the week I'm going, options are looking scarce. If they don't already have accommodations, I would book them now!

Not for nothing, I booked my April 2022 trip in March, and when I checked availability for the week I'm going, options are looking scarce. If they don't already have accommodations, I would book them now!
This for sure!

Also, the place is going to be jam packed well into 2022 and possibly 2023. I wouldn't look for any discounts...but you can count on price increases along the way! So, if you buy now, it may feel like you got a discount later....

That being said, lots of major companies have deals with Disney for tickets. That's how we got ours. So maybe yours doesn't, but one of your friends does?

I am giving my son’s family a WDW trip. I am going to buy the their tickets. Any thoughts there may be an upcoming promo? The trip is in May 2022. TIA!

I would think the opposite - rather than a promo, you might find that the cost of tickets goes up between now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter