Need to add one night on the front end of our trip....where?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
Staying at POR for the remainder, but because of flight prices, it made sense to book a late flight (arriving around midnight Dis time) and stay an extra night so we have a full day of touring on our first day. My question is: where to stay for that night? POR doesn't have anything available, so that's not going to work. honestly, we'll only be sleeping there, so I don't really need to stay on property. 3 adults, 3 kids, so probably need two rooms. I would like to not have to rent a car, though, so something that has a shuttle or is nearby to disney springs....any ideas? TIA!

go for one of the hotels close to the airport that has a shuttle (most do) - then the next morning take the Disney shuttle to WDW.

If you don't want to pay for a car/shuttle, your only option is the one that spiceycat mentions. There simply aren't any hotels in the Walt Disney area that provide free transportation to/from the airport.

Besides what has been mentioned to not pay for shuttle, uber/lyft, rental car, another option might be to stay the night at another place at WDW. I believe that they will with a split stay transport your stuff from one room to the other. Check with them, though. As someone who typically stays offsite, I don't have personal experience with that but have seen that mentioned on this forum.

Rooms aren't cheap, but I'd stay at the airport hotel. We've done it before with late night arrival like that. Very convenient to get off the plane and be in your room shortly after.

Then you can take the elevator down in the morning and ride the Magical Express to POR in the morning.

They are cheaper options, but this is really convenient. And no taxi cost either.

Besides what has been mentioned to not pay for shuttle, uber/lyft, rental car, another option might be to stay the night at another place at WDW. I believe that they will with a split stay transport your stuff from one room to the other. Check with them, though. As someone who typically stays offsite, I don't have personal experience with that but have seen that mentioned on this forum.

Easy when onsite to have luggage transferred. 2 rooms @ a value may be your best bet considering not renting a car.

Many swear by it, but I just can't wrap my head around staying @ an offsite airport hotel one night, then shuttling back to MCO & again a bus drive to WDW. Especially, when it just saves a few $ & is a rather hectic start to what the OP says is a full park day.

Easy when onsite to have luggage transferred. 2 rooms @ a value may be your best bet considering not renting a car.

Many swear by it, but I just can't wrap my head around staying @ an offsite airport hotel one night, then shuttling back to MCO & again a bus drive to WDW. Especially, when it just saves a few $ & is a rather hectic start to what the OP says is a full park day.

It's marathon weekend and there are NO available rooms at any mods or values, besides an AoA suite. the AoA suite is $423 rack rate for the night, which is way, way too much, IMO.

I'd keep checking, a mod or value will likely open up as the cancellation deadline nears.

Personally, like others have mentioned, I recommend you to book a hotel near the airport that has 24 hour shuttle service for pickup and drop off. We do this one-night stay every year. We rarely visit or stay at Disney so this is based on staying off site in a timeshare resort. We each pack a backpack(book bag) to carry on to the plane. There is no cost if the backpack is a reasonable size. It is considered a free personal item. In the backpack we put something to wear to bed, a toothbrush, toothpaste, an outfit and swimsuit for the next day. The hotel provides the essentials to bathe and shower in the morning. We can leave our large luggage in the trunk of the rental car overnight since we don't need anything it for that one night stay. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it does save time and stress. We shower and put our swimsuits on under our outfits. We check out by 8 or 9 and go to breakfast. We arrive at our resort by 10 and having our swimsuits on, we can enjoy the resort amenities immediately. No need to have to wait for a room to be ready. Going the day/night before began a few years ago due to lower airfare prices. But once we started going the day before, it is now part of our vacation.

I personally don't understand why you would book a hotel "near" the airport when there is one "in" the airport.

I doubt the price difference would outweigh the convenience. Not for me anyway.

I like the airport hotel better than dealing with a shuttle at midnight and again first thing in the morning. But two rooms at the Hyatt would cost @$500 for the night. In that case, I would consider AOA just for the fun of checking it out and giving the kids a different pool option for the day. Of your plans end up being low key for the first day, I would go to AOA.

We had to do the same thing and added a night because of a cheap flight. We booked a 3 bedroom villa at the Star Island Resort. It advertised a airport shuttle included on Priceline but found out it didn't have one after booking. Priceline gave me $30 back for the mistake. We are renting a mini van for $50 for one night. We can then return it to the Car Care Center at Disney after we unload everything the next day at check in. Might be worth a shot for you to look into it that way.

It's marathon weekend and there are NO available rooms at any mods or values, besides an AoA suite. the AoA suite is $423 rack rate for the night, which is way, way too much, IMO.

Been there, done that, it's busy with various detours etc.

I'd book something cancellable at this point.

I personally don't understand why you would book a hotel "near" the airport when there is one "in" the airport.

I doubt the price difference would outweigh the convenience. Not for me anyway.

Everyone values money differently. But, the Hyatt in the Orlando International Airport is often very expense. Here's an example:

hyattmco-ratecomparison.jpg

A nearby, similarly rated hotel with a free shuttle for the same night:

sheratonmco-ratecomparison.jpg

That was just the first random date I picked. Certainly, there are times when the difference in pricing is negligible. But, to save $285, I'd certainly be willing to take an eight minute shuttle ride each way.

If you really only want a place with a bed, there were several options between $55 and $65 for that random date. That's a savings of up to $389 on the room rate.

I paid $200 the night we stayed there.

$444 is ridiculous.

Even $200 is too much for a night for me. This past summer I booked Quality Inn @ Airport. They offered a free 24 hour shuttle and its right down the road. Grand total with taxes and fees was under $70. That was reasonable for my budget. I booked it to prevent picking up a rental car @ 11pm. My plan was to get the shuttle from airport to hotel. Then take the shuttle back to the airport first thing in the morning and pick up the rental car. Then drive it back to the hotel and pick up the rest of the family. Too me it is worth saving the money. We went in August and the Hyatt in the airport was well over $400 for that time of the year. For the difference in price and a little inconvenience, the savings was more than I paid in round-trip airfare.

Now having said all that.....please keep in mind, we didn't do that. I cancelled the Quality Inn when I got a better per day price on a rental car. So we picked up the rental after arriving at MCO and drove to the Red Lion Hotel in Kissimmee and reserved it for less than $50 with all taxes and fees included. It was a very nice clean motel. We stayed there before and will never hesitate to stay there again for a quick overnight stay. But yes, without a rental car I would still find an inexpensive hotel near airport with free 24 hour shuttle. Then early in the morning take the shuttle back to catch the Magic Express to Disney early in the morning.

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter