Need Suggestions for Dining Credit Restaurants!

Boomerdog

Mouseketeer
We are an adult couple staying at Disneyworld for 8 nights on the Table Service plan.

Our current list of restaurants:

1. Be Our Guest
2. Cape May
3. Ohana
4. Tony's Town Square (Last year, we saw reviews weren't the greatest, but tried it anyway, and fell in love with the place!)
5. Biergarten (Will be out first time here)
6. San Angel

We would appreciate suggestions for our last 2 credits. Hidden gems welcome! We might consider a 2-credit restaurant if you believe it is worth shelling out a 2nd credit.

The one place that we go to on every single visit is 50's Prime Time Cafe (Good comfort food). The fried chicken dinner is my favorite.
We also enjoy Tusker House for breakfast.
We tried Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time last year and we plan on going back this year.
As for Tony's, I agree. Just goes to show that you have to try things for yourself. We avoided it because of the bad reviews. We finally decided to try it and we enjoyed it. Have fun on your vacation.

On our only trip without the kids, DW and I had a great birthday dinner at Yachtsman.

Just to add to the Tony's discussion, first trip there was awful. Seated nearly 1 hour after ressie time, terrible food and worse service. Did not go back for several years, but went last trip and it was fabulous. One of the best meals I've had in WDW. Don't remember who first said it, but I've quoted her/him many times, the only thing consistent about Disney dining is its inconsistency.

You will get many different answers because everyone seems to have a favorite. We always to to Chefs de France and Teppan Edo. Never had a bad meal at either restaurant and the service has always been great.

OP, not sure what days you'll be in what parks. That might help give more specific recommendations.

Of the ones you haven't listed, I like The Wave at CR and Raglan Road at DS the best.

I have a love/hate relationship with Tony's.. I can have a good visit one year and then a poor visit the next. But I am a die hard Lady & the Tramp fan and for some reason I keep going back and I don't regret it. :rotfl:

My recommendations:

1. Yak & Yeti - good size portions, can definitely share them. Good cocktails!
2. 50's Prime Time - I get the pot roast every. single. time. It's SO good.
3. Beaches and Cream - first time going last year and my DH & I loved it. I got the grilled cheese and tomato soup (nice comfort food) and we shared the no way jose. Watching people order the kitchen sink was funny. I just love the overall atmosphere around the resort.
4. Via Napoli - delicious!! I can't rave about this place enough. Pizzas can be shared and you can create your own. Cool to see them go into the stone ovens. It reminded me of a small restaurant around New England called Flatbread Pizza Company.

We like Teppan Edo and Rose & Crown at EPCOT for two that aren't on your list. Some others have mentioned Yak & Yeti, we like it as well. Raglan Road at Disney Springs is another good one. We are trying Boma for the first time this trip and another one at AKL that would fit the 2 credit bill is Jiko. Never been to Jiko, but Pete Werner swears by it on the podcasts.

1 TS at Epcot with romantic atmosphere and good food:
Tutto Italia
Spice Road Table
San Angel Inn

2 TS:
Tiffins (AK)

I support those who said Raglan Road and Yak & Yeti. So yummy.

As far as doing a 2 credit restaurant, that is a very poor value on the dining plan. If you look at the prices, no 2 credit restaurant meal is twice the price of a 1 credit so if you're all about maximizing value, skip the 2 credit options. That being said, our last trip we used 2 credits at Le Cellier because we didn't so much care about the value as wanting to have one 'fancy' meal during the trip. As always with Disney dining, it's totally up to you about what you're after :)

Boma. Sanaa (my favorite restaurant on property).

I also never miss 50s and SciFi. Scifi we usually pay OOP when on the dining plan and not use a TS credit for it.

Some of our favourites are Tusker House at Animal Kingdom (a great value on the dining plan, since it's a character meal), Homecoming Kitchen in Disney Springs (amazing food!), Saana (Animal Kingdom Lodge). We also really enjoyed our meals at Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West and Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

I've never been to BOG, trying to figure out if it's worth a TS credit for dinner, or should I try for lunch here? I know Beast is at dinner, that doesn't matter to us. Any other differences besides that? I asked on the FD board and most people recommended lunch, but what I really want to know is how is dinner different? Can't make ADR's till May but I've really been thinking about this, because if we do BOG at lunch, we have an extra TS credit to use, but if dinner is great there, I'd rather do that. I hate being so indecisive! Thanks in advance!

I've never been to BOG, trying to figure out if it's worth a TS credit for dinner, or should I try for lunch here? I know Beast is at dinner, that doesn't matter to us. Any other differences besides that? I asked on the FD board and most people recommended lunch, but what I really want to know is how is dinner different? Can't make ADR's till May but I've really been thinking about this, because if we do BOG at lunch, we have an extra TS credit to use, but if dinner is great there, I'd rather do that. I hate being so indecisive! Thanks in advance!

We tried every meal at BOG on our 2016 trip. I'd say I enjoyed the food a bit better at dinner, but I also was not hungry at all when we went for lunch which affected my opinion.

As far as other differences, dinner is more of a true sit-down meal - you are led to your table, you have a server who takes your order and brings you your drinks/meal, etc. At lunch, you either pre-order or order from a kiosk, and pay before you sit down. You select your own seat, get your own drinks, etc.

Boma - my favorite :lovestruc

Mama Melrose's F! Package - if you're planning to see the show, might as well pick up a full meal + seating for 1 TS

Or... use your 2 TS & do Brunch at the Top at the Contemporary. It's actually a very good value on DDP, with a price tag of $80 & absolutely delicious food.

Yes, very worth it. The atmosphere alone puts this place above and beyond! I love the Westwing. It storms in there, periodically, while you eat, and they have an animatronic dying Rose from the movie (which is very cool!). The ballroom is gorgeous as well. I don't recommend the Rose Gallery (not to be confused with the West Wing where the Dying Rose is), but that is just my opinion. I always ask, when being seated, if we can wait for a table in the Ballroom or West Wing. Keep in mind, the West Wing is dark and gloomy, and so, if that might bother you, ask for the Ballroom. They might accommodate you and they might not. They have always accommodated us. But there are just 2 of us.

The first time we went, the waitress raved about the steaks. I ordered it and I was not impressed. And I am not the type to not be impressed by food. But, my SO loved her steak, so it was probably just me. We gave it a 2nd chance and it was absolutely delicious! I got the steak again and it was amazing! My SO got the Pot Roast and it was also very very good.

Don't pass on "The Grey Stuff" dessert. Soooooo good.

And, yes, the menus are very different between lunch and dinner. One is a nice sitdown meal. The other is a quick service. So, for lunch, you still get to enjoy the theming, but won't spend as much time inside. Or get to try the dinner entrees. It is fun to get a picture with the Beast, after dinner, (he doesn't come around table to table but sits in the library) but, that is not why we eat here.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter