Need some advice

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
My DH has been sick for a few weeks.. his spirits are down... kids and I are stressed.
We decided to take a 3 hour drive for one day at HS for a few hours. I think getting out of the house, some sunshine and Disney magic will do him some good.
His mom just called and yelled at me asked why are you at wdw? He is sick.
Told me I'm selfish.

I'm really upset..I'm trying to lift his spirits. Lots of really sick ( non contagious) people go to Disney all the time. I think she thinks disney is just some rides etc... she has never been.
(Btw.. he has really bad tn headaches and responded badly to medication just a mess)

Ur there, do whatever YOU feel is best for your family.

don’t get caught up in others opinions/reasoning. one is not selfish when ur trying to do what You think is best.

Pixie dust ur way. And best wishes to ur hubby!!! Take one day at a time and keep pushing thru.

I agree with others here. Once a Mother, always a Mother. Wait until you get back and kindly explain the why you went.

So long as he isn’t contagious, and it doesn’t make his headaches worse, then good on you all. I hope you enjoy yourselves. 🥰

All my sympathy for the headaches. I suffered for years before my condition (and brain surgery) was diagnosed and treated.

You know what is the best for you and your family. I would not even pay much attention to the comments. You can try to explain when you get back that DH needed the trip to help him feel better. Headaches are terrible and any diversion that helps is a plus.

I agree with others here. Once a Mother, always a Mother. Wait until you get back and kindly explain the why you went.

So long as he isn’t contagious, and it doesn’t make his headaches worse, then good on you all. I hope you enjoy yourselves. 🥰

All my sympathy for the headaches. I suffered for years before my condition (and brain surgery) was diagnosed and treated.
::yes:: Or better yet, have him explain. I do agree his Mom is understandably worried but they both seem to be infantilizing him a little and Mom is out of line. The two of them should be talking directly; he's an adult and can certainly answer for himself - including telling her that he wasn't dragged to WDW against his will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter