Need Resort Recommendation: April 2019 Couples Trip

Mika02

Disney is in my blood
So some background:

I am going to have a 3 day park hopper pass left over from my current August Trip so I'm contemplating a Trip for the end of April probably an extended weekend around my Birthday. My boyfriend has never been so I want to bring him and probably do some Flower and Garden.

I would stay offsite except I really prefer not drive this trip that way I can relax and we can both enjoy the libations at Disney :D. So I am looking for Disney Resort Recommendations. I would like a resort with reliable transportation that I could request being close to. I hope to request a King room so no Values I prefer Moderate resorts.

Otherwise neither of us are too fussy. Just want somewhere to relax in between the parks and activities.

Port Orleans French Quarter is the first one to come to mind to fit the bill.
You can book King, it's small so nothing is a long walk, it's romantic. It's close to many parks, bus transportation is good (though you'll find reports both good and bad for EVERY resort, so that's 100% subjective). You have a boat to DS. You can walk over to Riverside and catch a performance of Yehaa Bob.

I was thinking sorta within the same line but Port Orleans Riverside.
We stayed there when I surprised my wife for her birthday. We stayed in Alligator Bayou Building 34 which was quiet, away from the pools, and close to the West bus spot when heading to the parks and has King size beds. I agree with @AngiTN in that you have the boat to connect you to DS so you can both enjoy the libations at Disney Springs.

What I’m curious about is if you have 3 days left on your ticket or you just have another separate 3 day PH?
Regardless, I agree one of the POR resorts would be good. Riverside is my fav in the Mansion section.

What I’m curious about is if you have 3 days left on your ticket or you just have another separate 3 day PH?
Regardless, I agree one of the POR resorts would be good. Riverside is my fav in the Mansion section.

So I bought an annual pass last year that expires September and I'm almost positive I'm not going to renew. When I booked my bounce back I had to get a ticket for myself for the free dining promotion. So I have an extra 3 day park hopper ticket leftover.

Is there a bus stop close to the Mansion Section? Last year my kids and I stayed at POR in the Royal themed rooms I loved it we had a garden view and we could see the river. I had a car though that trip and I noticed the bus stop but it seemed far from our room.

So I bought an annual pass last year that expires September and I'm almost positive I'm not going to renew. When I booked my bounce back I had to get a ticket for myself for the free dining promotion. So I have an extra 3 day park hopper ticket leftover.

Is there a bus stop close to the Mansion Section? Last year my kids and I stayed at POR in the Royal themed rooms I loved it we had a garden view and we could see the river. I had a car though that trip and I noticed the bus stop but it seemed far from our room.
Oh that explains it! I used to have to get 1 day tix for the promo. Then use it to renew!
There are 2 bus stops by mansions. One behind OAK And Magnolia, kinda inbetween but closer to Magnolia. East depot. And one behind Acadian House at the end close to where AB starts. North Depot. So if you’re in regular mansion you’d use either the North or East Depot depending on which building you’re in. I prefer them to the Main Depot which I find too busy & Chaotic.
I missed a bus once at Main Depot. People queue up regardless of whether it’s their bus or not. Ugh

The East Depot if direct behind the Magnolia Building. The North Depot is directly behind Acadian Building.
Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean-MBonly.gif

Oh that explains it! I used to have to get 1 day tix for the promo. Then use it to renew!
There are 2 bus stops by mansions. One behind OAK And Magnolia, kinda inbetween but closer to Magnolia. East depot. And one behind Acadian House at the end close to where AB starts. North Depot. So if you’re in regular mansion you’d use either the North or East Depot depending on which building you’re in. I prefer them to the Main Depot which I find too busy & Chaotic.
I missed a bus once at Main Depot. People queue up regardless of whether it’s their bus or not. Ugh

Yes initially I thought about doing that but other then this April Trip I doubt I will be back next year as I plan to take the kids to Europe next summer. I would have to see how much my renewal price will be.

Does the buses from the Main Bus stop come to the North and East Depot or are they separate buses? When I stayed at CSR last year that's how it worked (which most days ended up being very long to get anywhere).

Yes initially I thought about doing that but other then this April Trip I doubt I will be back next year as I plan to take the kids to Europe next summer. I would have to see how much my renewal price will be.

Does the buses from the Main Bus stop come to the North and East Depot or are they separate buses? When I stayed at CSR last year that's how it worked (which most days ended up being very long to get anywhere).
I’m not sure of bus stop order, it seems to depend on the park. I’ve heard sometimes main bus stop is last, first....sometimes fills up and doesn’t go around! Best to go on POR Riverside thread to get bus answer.

I’m not sure I’m going to renew either. May just have 1 trip next year. Canadian $ is low right now.

I’m not sure of bus stop order, it seems to depend on the park. I’ve heard sometimes main bus stop is last, first....sometimes fills up and doesn’t go around! Best to go on POR Riverside thread to get bus answer.

I’m not sure I’m going to renew either. May just have 1 trip next year. Canadian $ is low right now.
Thanks so much. I will do that do that.

Both....depending on how crowded the parks are. There is one bus during most of the day that runs...

Theme park ---> French Quarter ---> Riverside West ---> Riverside North ---> Riverwise East ---> Riverside South ---> Theme Park

But during busy times like very early in the morning or very late (after the fireworks) then French Quarter will have its own bus and Riverside will have its own.

Both....depending on how crowded the parks are. There is one bus during most of the day that runs...

Theme park ---> French Quarter ---> Riverside West ---> Riverside North ---> Riverwise East ---> Riverside South ---> Theme Park

But during busy times like very early in the morning or very late (after the fireworks) then French Quarter will have its own bus and Riverside will have its own.

Oh wow so sometimes both resorts share ok I would have to keep that in mind really important if we wanted a mid day resort return. I'll look into both then.

Check the prices at Swan/Dolphin, sometimes you can get one of those for what you pay for a moderate (make sure you factor in the resort fee). If you can get one of those, you can walk to Epcot and HS.

Oh wow so sometimes both resorts share ok I would have to keep that in mind really important if we wanted a mid day resort return. I'll look into both then.
We went back mid-day for breaks. Depending on the park hours, we would catch boat to Disney Springs and then bus to CR, POLY, or GF (whichever showed up first) and then monorail to MK or monorail to Epcot; or bus to BCR and walk to Epcot IG or walk to DHS.

Correction....especially if one wants to enjoy a drink at Disney Springs while waiting for the bus.

Last edited:
Check the prices at Swan/Dolphin, sometimes you can get one of those for what you pay for a moderate (make sure you factor in the resort fee). If you can get one of those, you can walk to Epcot and HS.

Cool do they have free transportation to and from the other parks or only from those parks to the others or would we have to Lyft or Uber?

We went back mid-day for breaks. Depending on the park hours, we would catch boat to Disney Springs and then bus to CR, POLY, or GF (whichever showed up first) and then monorail to MK or monorail to Epcot; or bus to BCR and walk to Epcot IG or walk to DHS.

Awesome great to know...

Cool do they have free transportation to and from the other parks or only from those parks to the others or would we have to Lyft or Uber?

The Disney buses run there. They do not have the Disney transportation to and from the airport and you don't get Magic Bands and can't charge back to the room from the parks. They are not official Disney properties but do sit smack dab in between HS and Epcot.

That’s a really long way to get back to the parks since bus from POR is pretty short ride to EP, DHS or MK. You’d get there faster just using bus from POR.

They only share mid day, honestly not a big deal as the resorts are right next to each other. We take mid day breaks too.
The Swan/Dolphin share bus with BWI. Don’t forget when calculating cost of Swan/Dolphin to add in cost of airport transportation and daily resort fee. Swan/D use WDW transportation from resort to parks.

They only share mid day, honestly not a big deal as the resorts are right next to each other. We take mid day breaks too.
The Swan/Dolphin share bus with BWI. Don’t forget when calculating cost of Swan/Dolphin to add in cost of airport transportation and daily resort fee. Swan/D use WDW transportation from resort to parks.
And when they share, FQ is just about always first stop.
Which is why one of the many reasons I suggested FQ over POR in the first place.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter