Need Recommendations for Stroller/Wheelchair

Disneylvr

Always Disney Dreaming!
DD (with autism) is 4 years old and about 40 pounds and is outgrowing her CitiLite stroller that we purchased for WDW in 2004. She is moblie but doesn't have the stamina to walk for very long and she sometimes needs her own space so having a stroller is a necessity. Any recommendations of what stroller and/or wheelchair we should purchase for vacations (not just Disney) that is somewhat affordable? I don't think her doctor is willing to write a prescription for nor will our insurance pay for one so it will all be all out of pocket for us.

The Quest goes up to 55lbs. My son is a little over 55 with clothes on and 46 1/2 inches tall and though we are getting him a new stroller soon; it still is hanging in there for him.

I think you can get the Quest on line for about $170 although I have definitely seen it even less expensive especially if you don't mind an older model. Or go on craiglist and get it used. If you do not care whether it reclines Maclaren also makes an umbrella stroller (Volo) that goes up to 55lbs also and that sells for around $100. The Triumph costs somewhere in between those but we felt like the seats were not as roomy especially the depth.

Hope this helps.

Will we just bought the Maclaren Volo with DD's approval. I couldn't get her our of the floor model at Babies R Us this morning!!! :goodvibes: That means she was very comfortable in it. She is around 38 pounds right now so I hope she doesn't grow too much in the next year. But we will get good use of it between now and then.

I too am looking for a stroller for my son 5 w/ Ds. I have been looking at different Macs and see from their website about the 55# rating. What I can't tell is have they always held that weight? An internet seller I bought my Britax Regents from has some previous years models at a discount, but the description says 40#, but I can tell the product description is theirs not Macs??? Does anyone know if Macs have always been rated for 55#?

Thanks

Your might search the DIS boards about Maclaren as they seems to be pretty popular with the posters here. I searched yesterday and found posts talking about their strollers as far back as 2001 and the posters do talk about the maximum weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter