Need reasonable hotel suggestions

staceywj

Mouseketeer
We always stay at WBC and this upcoming trip DH and DD are going with the track team. They are scheduled to stay at The Pop but having second thoughts about it. Since it is a booking with a team and they are counted as part of the 4 people per room, we cannot change it.

So, they would like to keep the resie but not stay that hotel. Any suggestions for something that is not over $100 a night and not too far away from WDW. I am thinking that WBC may be over this price but emailed Ken just in case. Also, it is for Columbus Day weekend!

Pop is a fine resort. I would stick with the team and stay there.

It is difficult to find a hotel near WBC these for under $100. When you find one in a search, you'll often find that by the time all the taxes and junk fees are added on its another $30 or more.

I agree. I would just stick with Pop since it's just a weekend. You're not going to find anything less than $100 a night that is nicer.

I tried to condense the situation but here is the long version: they were ok with staying in the hotel but once they found out they would have to share the room they changed their minds for different reasons. My DH feels uncomfortable sharing a room with the two other coaches, one is a female. My DD is the youngest member going (was allowed to go if a parent went) and the girls are already divided with 4 per room. She would be the 5th one in the room but technically staying in the coaches room to make that room 4 people.

If we knew this earlier, I think they may have reconsidered or tried to book a separate room. But, now the hotel is sold out.

Oh my .... strange. DS is a coach and heading to Disney that weekend for the XC Meet. Each coach gets their own room except the two who are married. I guess my question is will he have a car? ... DS's team is all going together on a coach bus. That would certainly impact where he could stay.

Oh my .... strange. DS is a coach and heading to Disney that weekend for the XC Meet. Each coach gets their own room except the two who are married. I guess my question is will he have a car? ... DS's team is all going together on a coach bus. That would certainly impact where he could stay.
He was not planning on renting a car but I could look into it.

Yes, so strange and very unexpected! It may just be for paperwork purposes and it may change once we check-in or maybe it was discussed before DD was invited to attend. And, of course, DD doesn't want me to be that parent that asks a million questions. So, I am just preparing and would have piece of mind booking something, for now until I hear something else. I guess he squeezed them in since they were just asked on last Friday to go and DD is the newest member. But, it is still odd to me that both the female and male coach were sharing a room together before DH and DD were invited.

Awesome for your DS! Going to be a busy weekend there!

Yes, so strange and very unexpected! It may just be for paperwork purposes and it may change once we check-in or maybe it was discussed before DD was invited to attend. And, of course, DD doesn't want me to be that parent that asks a million questions. So, I am just preparing and would have piece of mind booking something, for now until I hear something else. I guess he squeezed them in since they were just asked on last Friday to go and DD is the newest member. But, it is still odd to me that both the female and male coach were sharing a room together before DH and DD were invited.

Awesome for your DS! Going to be a busy weekend there!

Yes, they've been doing both XC and Track meet there for years. Both kids went while in high school to compete (and they love their Disney medals) and now DS is coach. I ask about car because if he's not with team he will now have to get himself to and from meet etc. They start so early I'd probably want to drive myself. DS team stopped staying at Disney years ago (price) and since the kids don't want to do Disney parks, they do Universal. Last few years staying up on International Drive.

I am actually going to be there that weekend too, and am going with them to Universal. I got POP but I had to book each night independently and hoping we don't have to change rooms.

Good luck.

Something doesn't seem to add up

Awesome for your DS! Going to be a busy weekend there![/QUOTE

To me, this seems like a situation where more questions need to be asked. Disney may be able to secure another room for the group if they are asked.

Thank you everyone for your input! I was able to book WBC!!!! I was so excited to get the last room they had avail that I decided that I am also going to go with youngest DD!! So, DH and other DD will be only staying at POP on paper. DD does not even care that she won't be staying with the team and any concern I had with the whole situation will now not be a potential issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter