Need Quick MDE/FP+ Management Advice

HomerHog

Mouseketeer
Hello, I am a frequent reader, very rarely post. I have done a lot of MDE/FP+ research, but don't know how to advise a friend on a last minute situation.

Background info:
My family is currently planning our annual Spring Break trip for late March, which will be our first with FP+ because we went to Disneyland last year. This friend (Jim) is joining us. We have purchased 7-day PH tickets and have everything ready to go to book our FP+on Jan. 20. Simple enough.

The Wrinkle
Jim was invited to participate in an event at WDW next weekend (Jan.15-19). Whole trip is paid for, he gets 3-day PH ticket. Awesome opportunity. Only negative is that he has no control over anything. He is working around a set schedule and they will receive their tickets/MagicBands at check-in.

The Dilemma
What is the best way for him to approach this? The biggest concern is the tickets and the wrong tickets being activated/used if he connects this to his MDE.

The options we see are:
1. Do not connect this trip to his MDE in anyway. Do not book any FP+. Use kiosks in parks to schedule anything he can day of.

2. Remove the March ticket from his account. Add the new tickets/ MagicBand to his account when he checks-in. Use FP+starting Thursday night 1/15 to book the next three days. Re-associate the March ticket on Monday 1/19 to book March that night.

We do not have enough experience with MDE to know if there are any scenarios under which he could schedule FP+ this week, connect the new MagicBand on Thursday, and make sure the 3-day PH is used next weekend.

He will be perfectly happy with option #1, but we wanted to see if there were any other viable options.

Thanks!

Josh

Jim can go to guest services or ticket booth upon arrival and ask them to prioritize the 3 day ticket to be used for this trip first.

Thanks for the quick response.

I think he is just going to use the new 3-day ticket/MB stand alone and not tie it to his MDE but I want to give him all options.

You are welcome. I don't think that there is any way he could schedule FP+ since he isn't getting the tickets until arrival. I guess that is one of the drawbacks for comp tickets ( if that is what they are ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter